long weekend break: discuss the latest here #103

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it is not intentional. Maybe there is a medical reason that wasn't presenting earlier in the trial process or when he has met with the DT. They seemed surprised to me and taken aback with some of his answers. I think it was obvious he was not prepared for JM and his methods. I think the same could be said for the entire DT too. jmo

I think their client left them holding nothing but a huge bag of poop! They aren't magicians. This is the best they could do because Jodi boxed them in and tied their hands.

Nurmi's plan is to bore the jury to death and talk about Jodi's anus...

The woman attorneys plan is to confuse the jury and bore them to death in the end.

All IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have a categorical, analytical response to the concept that, ""if she planned and premeditated to kill Travis, then how is it that she knew she would have a window of time undetected in that not one, but TWO roommates would not be a problem, or interfere? What I am saying is that it would be easier to plan a murder of a single guy w/no roommates, but how would she be able to plan , and count on the fact that, the roommates would not be there during the murder , or even during the attempted clean-up of the murder? I am genuinely interessted to know your thoughts on this point.
Thanks.

That wouldn't even be necessary. I mean, you're getting into the definition of premeditation here. How premeditated was it, and does that match the legal definition of premeditation? The comings and goings of roommates? The angle of the sun? The dog?

Also what if, what if, she wa the stalker type that many consider her to be that she knew of the roommates work hours and habits...so knew she had her window of time. But, and if I were on the jury, I would ask myself how she would be so confident about a window of killing given that the new roommate had only lived there 2 weeks. How could she know HIS habits and hours at work?

I am just trying to wrap my brain around the fact that she planned this, with so many loose, wild cards in play (2 roommates). Either one of them could have stepped into the scene at any time...so to me that earns credit towards a spontaneous killing...I know this is not popular, and I so believe she planned this, but how do we explain the roommate wildcards?

I'll add to my previous posts. I don't think they are as wild as we think. A lot of people think if she was going to kill him, why not do it when she got there? Well, that could have well been her plan but a roommate was there.

I believe Travis knew she was coming and that he stayed up all night waiting for her so he could get a little sumthin sumthin when she got there. But the roommate foiled that plan, too because they couldn't be as loud as they wanted. So she said she was tired and went to sleep. By the time she woke up, they were alone in the house.

I think she knew the one roommate would be home around 6 and I think she spent most of the time trying to get Travis back and when that didn't work, she had to work up the courage to carry out her plan. I bet she was trying desperately to convince him to let her take those shower pics.

I have to confess that I was curious about the "Bates Hotel" show so I watched some of it until Norman's mother started repeatedly stabbing a guy whose family use to own the house/hotel. I had to quickly switch channels because I could picture Jodi doing this to Travis. Even if I was in a dire situation I seriously don't think I could ever stab someone, even an attacker. Yes, I would be the one that saves bugs out of the pool (Fell head first in the deep end once trying to rescue a spider.). I even have a bug cup that I use to take them out of the house. There is something gratifying about watching them fly away and be free.

Thank you Fran! :loveyou:

KatieCoolady, continued prayers for you and your brother :) TY so very much for the time that you take to support TA's family and loved ones and also for sharing it all with us. Bless You. Sorry for OT but had to say it.
Now I really am going to bed. I've gotten loose from the duct tape and I need mah beeyooty sleep! Nite all :)

:seeya: Hi everybody - Newbie here.

Melanie - I saw your post about "Showdown in the Bedroom" early this morning and couldn't respond because I wasn't a member.

I agree that there are a lot of eerie similarities between the two cases, especially these things...

- Claimed her husband had that "look in his eyes" that she had seen before when he was abusive, she only took out the gun to "keep him at bay" and that he was coming after her and she had nowhere to run so she shot him even though there was a door she could have used to escape.

- Claimed her husband said, "I'll eff*** kill you, b*tch" to show how mad he was. (That exact statement just blew me away. Did somebody give Jodi a script from that case?)

- Claimed she shot him in self defense because her life was in jeopardy, even though the evidence contradicted her story.

- Claimed she stayed with him even though he had been abusive in the past because there was a good side to him as well as a bad side.

- Changing story (her son testified she told him that her husband never came after her).

- When all else failed, during her retrial, she conveniently suffered from amnesia and could no longer remember shooting him, how many times she shot him, or even holding the gun. However, she remembered everything that benefited her.

To her credit (as opposed to Jodi's) she had the following going for her and...

- She called 911 after shooting him and he was still alive when paramedics got there.

- She had a well documented history of abuse; many previous 911 calls and ER visits.

- Independent and family witnesses who confirmed history of physical abuse.

- Leg injury from a previous accident, which left her with a disability that required her using a cane. Goes to her story of why she couldn't quickly run out of the room to escape from him.

Even with all that on her side, the jury came back with a guilty verdict. She would be in jail if she hadn't entered into a plea deal in which she admitted to murdering him in exchange for community service, probation, and not ever saying she killed him in self defense.

What I found odd is that the Judge encouraged a plea deal when the jury had only deliberated for one day. It's unfortunate that he made the decision to accept the plea deal when he had the sealed verdict in his hand. She was seconds away from hearing that guilty verdict.

Jodi won't be so lucky - she has nothing going for her.

No, Auburn, I do not. I wish I could say otherwise--that this was all a big mistake, that it never happened, etc.. I'm the kind of person who releases spiders outside and uses humane mouse traps.

But things aren't looking good for Jodi.

You may have misunderstood my posts. No problem.

Even those of us who smash spiders dead or spray them until their icky legs curl up wish this didn't happen. Just sayin'.

I have to confess that I was curious about the "Bates Hotel" show so I watched some of it until Norman's mother started repeatedly stabbing a guy whose family use to own the house/hotel. I had to quickly switch channels because I could picture Jodi doing this to Travis. Even if I was in a dire situation I seriously don't think I could ever stab someone, even an attacker. Yes, I would be the one that saves bugs out of the pool (Fell head first in the deep end once trying to rescue a spider.). I even have a bug cup that I use to take them out of the house. There is something gratifying about watching them fly away and be free.

I have a little mouse living in my pantry right now! I have a tiny "have a heart trap" but its too cold to put her outside now. So ... I bought a bag of mouse chow from Petsmart and i leave a tiny bowl of water for her because I don't want her eating our food or roaming around. We have an understanding;) and apparently my two cats and the mouse also have an understanding...

Once it warms up...she's evicted!

Steely got a question to me on the radio tonite...for a second there I thought he was gonna ask me on a date but noooooo....:banghead: lol

I was listening! Thought so too. He was swooonnning! :floorlaugh:

Great show tonight. Thanks for all you do! xo

:seeya: Hi everybody - Newbie here.

Melanie - I saw your post about "Showdown in the Bedroom" early this morning and couldn't respond because I wasn't a member.

I agree that there are a lot of eerie similarities between the two cases, especially these things...

- Claimed her husband had that "look in his eyes" that she had seen before when he was abusive, she only took out the gun to "keep him at bay" and that he was coming after her and she had nowhere to run so she shot him even though there was a door she could have used to escape.

- Claimed her husband said, "I'll eff*** kill you, b*tch" to show how mad he was. (That exact statement just blew me away. Did somebody give Jodi a script from that case?)

- Claimed she shot him in self defense because her life was in jeopardy, even though the evidence contradicted her story.

- Claimed she stayed with him even though he had been abusive in the past because there was a good side to him as well as a bad side.

- Changing story (her son testified that she him her husband never came after her).

- When all else failed, during her retrial, she conveniently suffered from amnesia and could no longer remember shooting him, how many times she shot him, or even holding the gun. However, she remembered everything that benefited her.

To her credit (as opposed to Jodi's) she had the following going for her and...

- She called 911 after shooting him and he was still alive when paramedics got there.

- She had a well documented history of abuse; many previous 911 calls and ER visits.

- Independent and family witnesses who confirmed history of physical abuse.

- Leg injury from a previous accident, which left her with a disability that required her using a cane. Goes to her story of why she couldn't quickly run out of the room to escape from him.

Even with all that on her side, the jury came back with a guilty verdict. She would be in jail if she hadn't entered into a plea deal in which she admitted to murdering him in exchange for community service, probation, and not ever saying she killed him in self defense.

What I found odd is that the Judge encouraged a plea deal when the jury had only deliberated for one day. It's unfortunate that he made the decision to accept the plea deal when he had the sealed verdict in his hand. She was seconds away from hearing that guilty verdict.

Jodi won't be so lucky - she has nothing going for her.
Hi juli
Welcome! :seeya:

I was listening! Thought so too. He was swooonnning! :floorlaugh:

Great show tonight. Thanks for all you do! xo

Steely is one in a million....:rocker: glad to see so many of us have his back!

Sleep well everybody! Looking forward to more justice tomorrow!
:eek:fftobed:

I think their client left them holding nothing but a huge bag of poop! They aren't magicians. This is the best they could do because Jodi boxed them in and tied their hands.

Nurmi's plan is to bore the jury to death and talk about Jodi's anus...

The woman attorneys plan is to confuse the jury and bore them to death in the end.

All IMO

ITA that they have a bad client to go along with their bad facts. Both of them are going for boring the jury to the point of brain death so they may not remember exactly why they are there and what happened to TA.

Your pantry mouse situation..LOL. My cats have brought mice into the house and let 'em go without killing them. Ingrates.

We were severely admonished on Thurs for making any kind of gestures or even passing a note in the family area. so I'll do my thumbs up through my eyes for ya. ;) Thanks for thinking of my sweet brother..he reported feeling better tonite. :)

Katie
I don't understand why they would admonish you guys! All the while Jodi's mom and aunt act inappropriate by giggling like school girls.

ITA that they have a bad client to go along with their bad facts. Both of them are going for boring the jury to the point of brain death so they may not remember exactly why they are there and what happened to TA.

Your panty mouse situation..LOL. My cats have brought mice into the house and let 'em go without killing them. Ingrates.

Yeah you would think that nurmi and wilmott would know by now to gauge the jury to make sure they are still responding or sleeping! It's annoying to hear them ramble on and on thinking that they are going to talk long enough that the jury will buy what their selling.:great:

I do the same thing!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Steely is one in a million....:rocker: glad to see so many of us have his back!

Sleep well everybody! Looking forward to more justice tomorrow!
:eek:fftobed:

You all can have his back, I've got his emu... And I'm holding the emu for ransom.... If my demands aren't met... Well lets just say chicken isn't the only finger licking good foul ;)

Love ya steely! Just teasing... I took your emu for a spa day ... He's getting a neck massage right now!

WELCOME juli. Sounds like you already have some good ideas. Anxious to hear more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500