Identified! OR - Cave Junction, 'Annie Doe' WhtFem UP10929, 16-20, Redwood Hwy, Aug'71 - Annie Lehman

I googled the shoes they are a Woolworth brand. I will see if I can find a vintage catalog online and see if the coat is in the catalog as well .

I rather suspect the jacket could be handmade. Back in those days, many of us knew how to sew, and that would explain the lack of label.

What do people think about Niki Diane Britten? Probably way off base but she went missing from Albany, Oregon in July 1969, apparently went to New York.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/britten_niki.html

While there is no mention of glasses, its the lips and eyes shape for me. I cant tell from the photo if she had long hair pulled back. Maybe i have an overactive imagination.

I think Niki Britten is a good one dizzygirl. Especially with the checkered coat she has in the picture.

There's another female missing in that time frame as well and she doesn't have a NameUs file either, but listed both in Doe Network and Charley Project. She has been associated with the Zodiac killer, but they never did find her body.

lass_donna4.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lass_donna.html

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/836dfca.html

What's real interesting is that her initials are D.A.L. If she went by her middle name, the m-o-p ring that the UP had would make sense.

What do people think about Niki Diane Britten? Probably way off base but she went missing from Albany, Oregon in July 1969, apparently went to New York.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/britten_niki.html

While there is no mention of glasses, its the lips and eyes shape for me. I cant tell from the photo if she had long hair pulled back. Maybe i have an overactive imagination.

I don't think she has long hair pulled back. It looks like she has one of those Twiggy-style "mod" haircuts that's slightly teased in back and her hair looks frosted in that one photo. It's the haircut I would expect the wearer of that jacket and those shoes to have in 1970-71.

The UID's Namus description doesn't mention long hair. I wonder whether they know it's long, or they just used that wig with the reconstruction to emphasize the color? Hair that long was still a bit unusual in 1971.

The edge of jacket that's visible in the photo looks very similar to the UID's jacket. (Note that the jacket on the reconstruction is not identical to the jacket they found on/with the body.)

If she was hitchhiking back from New York to Albany OR, she might well have run into trouble.

She looks like a good possibility.

Attachments

• britten_niki2 1970 OR.jpg
    britten_niki2 1970 OR.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 404UFOR 1971.jpg
    404UFOR 1971.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 54
I think Niki Britten is a good one dizzygirl. Especially with the checkered coat she has in the picture.

There's another female missing in that time frame as well and she doesn't have a NameUs file either, but listed both in Doe Network and Charley Project. She has been associated with the Zodiac killer, but they never did find her body.

lass_donna4.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lass_donna.html

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/836dfca.html

What's real interesting is that her initials are D.A.L. If she went by her middle name, the m-o-p ring that the UP had would make sense.

Charley sounds definitely skeptical of the Zodiac theory.

She looks very close facially. Some of her photos show that she definitely frosted her hair.

jlentine - you are thinking of Donna Lass. Everyone else, the hair is long! I can't tell about the highlights (died or natural). We are looking at several young ladies and as they are DNA excluded it will be added to NamUs. There are a number of ladies potentially excluded by dental but NamUS currently checking the charting of this and will add to their database.

jlentine - you are thinking of Donna Lass. Everyone else, the hair is long! I can't tell about the highlights (died or natural). We are looking at several young ladies and as they are DNA excluded it will be added to NamUs. There are a number of ladies potentially excluded by dental but NamUS currently checking the charting of this and will add to their database.

Thank you for confirming about the hair.

Thankyou for your opinions. Last night i stared and stared at the two pictures. Niki went 12 months before "Annie Doe" was found. I saw a site that had so many missing teens on it & it broke my heart. I thought perhaps her hair was a little short in the photo, i didn't think it would grow that much in 12 months but it was worth a try. It's just so sad to be missing for so long. A body found and no name or claim. :-(

That pink and black or gray houndstooth and buckle shoes were very popular in the late 60's and early 70's. The style is "mod." Pre-hippie. I used to have an outfit very similar to this, except my houndstooth was green. Even the zip-up-the-back turtleneck.

Here are some links that show jackets that are in the ballpark:

il_fullxfull.388308368_g6bs.jpeg
RL-poppy893.1M.jpg
images

And here are the general style of shoes:
il_170x135.440787705_j511.jpg

I wanted to post the same thing about the cloths and shoes. My teen yrs were in the late 60's to early 70's so I recognize the cloths and shoes. I think I got my coat at Sears or JC Penny's . Not many other stores around my home at that time. Buster Brown was the place for shoes. Do you think the ring could be a Moon Stone or Opal? They were popular during that time frame as well. I may try my hand at doing a facial drawing based on the model. When done I will post.

I went back and looked at the ring, it is pearl.

I took the image and put it into Photo shop and this is what I got.

Attachments

• jane doe 1.jpg
    jane doe 1.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 78
I'll entertain thoughts from anyone about Annie. I currently have a "short list" of 103 young ladies from the US and Canada. Of those, 23 have DNA on file and data bases have not gotten a hit. Another 56 have been tentatively excluded for a variety of reasons. If Annie has sibilings, they want to know what happened! I'm reading every post so, bring your thoughts on!

Yes, I've been working with Yvonne who are built an entire series of web pages highlighting the rings and providing anyone to give feedback. Those e-mails come directly to my inbox.

From Aug. 26, 1971, Cave Junction, OR

Attachments

• Now-Speak-Article.jpg
    Now-Speak-Article.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 121
Hey just wanted to remind people that pictures of the missing might be a few years old- so hairstyle could have changed, grown out whatever by the time they went missing. Family is asked to give recent pictures, but often don't have anything and pull up pics from the last holiday or even graduation type pictures.

Also, it gets pretty cold here at night- the 50s- even in the middle of a summer heat wave. So some people still wear jackets then.

OMG! Thanks so much grateful1! I have been looking and looking for an article. I had no clue Cave Junction had one back then.

So, she was found off a side road 1/5 mile from 199 (that is the road to the coast) so it sounds like someone on that road came, pulled off the road and dumped her.

They don't want to call it murder???? Was that some LE tactic? Because like the sheriff said- girls dressed like that just don't wander away from town and die in a ditch on the side of the road. And the knife?

I have been following Annie's case for awhile and really hope all of you can come up with something.

I think this is correct now for the general area the remains were found.

Attachments

• Region Capture.jpg
    Region Capture.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 58

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members