long weekend break: discuss the latest here #103

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Juan tears the doc a new one so my day can get better. everything I ordered for my granddaughter three weeks ago wasn't shipped to her, but returned to Macy's and they can't reship the damn the order because they are out of stock and they can't just resend We need jobs here in America not in Lahore India with steve.......

Does anyone else ever get timed out (or whatever the correct term is) while in this forum? Is it maybe because of all the traffic? Sometimes I can't even get in...it's giving me a complex :blush: and NOW I have low self esteem.

Yes, now and again. It's just the server on overload. When I tried to sign in this morning there were 1200 members and guests in here, and it took a few seconds to load the page.

I refuse to take it personally though. :floorlaugh:

The picture quality is poor because of the recovery process.
IMO she absolutely was there, car packed, dressed after convincing him to do a "Calvin Klein photo shoot". No way she spends money to rent a car, buy the extra gas, steal a gun from gramps and then leave before her target is dead.
No way she just hopes he showers and hopes he stands there for 11 minutes while she "sneaks back". She preplanned this and she stayed the whole time to see it through. JMO

Testimony about photos and camera

Jodi Arias Trial : Day 6 : Shocking Photos (No Sidebars) - YouTube

I don't recall seeing this interview with Flores before. How interesting! Travis was "persuasive" In talking her in to moving to Mesa. But when he found out how close she was going to be living to him ...she says he "freaked out". WTH does everyone keep telling us how smart she is?

IIRC he also said that she met criteria for personality disorder "not otherwise specified" , that she didn't have all or enough criteria to meet the other diagnoses? I personally found that rather hard to believe. I would think she had plenty to fit into at least two or three, jmo.

IIRC he said he didn't have enough time to delve into exactly what personality disorder(s) she had. Plus I don't think it was going to help her defense any, so he didn't bother -- can't even remember how often he brought up money during his testimony.

For HLN trying to "re-enact the shower scene"; questioning if Jodi was strong enough to do this, forget it. Why? Because:

You need adrenaline to do that.

"An adrenaline rush is the fight or flight response of the adrenal gland, in which it releases adrenaline (epinephrine). When releasing adrenaline, one's body releases dopamine and endorphin which can act as a natural pain killers. An adrenaline rush causes the muscles to perform respiration at an increased rate improving strength. It also works with the nervous system to interpret impulses that trigger selective glands."

You mean placing him in the shower? You don't need any adrenaline for that, just determination. She's a human with advanced problem solving capabilities, not an animal. I believe she had little if any adrenaline during the time she dragged him down the hallway and placed him in the shower. Perhaps it was strongly elevated in the beginning but by the time she got to the bathroom with his corpse she was calm, focused and ready to clean with that cup of water.

About 1 hour - do we start with Samuels on the stand still?

Something tells me there is something big happening today

ampulheta.jpg

Does anyone else ever get timed out (or whatever the correct term is) while in this forum? Is it maybe because of all the traffic? Sometimes I can't even get in...it's giving me a complex :blush: and NOW I have low self esteem.

With a to you can still read, just not post.

I frequently have trouble -- just did in fact. I don't know where the trouble is. At my end? At WS's end? It gets worse when the traffic's high, but I'm having some trouble now, and there's almost nobody on the board, on this thread anyway.

Sorry about your self-esteem. It happens to the best of us. Look at Jodi. If it helps, I will edify you, and declare that it is sunspots causing your connection issues. I also know of a good book, Your Erroneous Zones. It's kind of old, but I understand it helps with all kinds of issues, including suicide.

G&AMom :lol:

Thank you for your concern and very kind "verbage"

I can't believe we never thought of what pill Jodi was probably taking:

VALTREX

I originally thought that, but they don't look like that at any dose. They are either a large blue pill, or an even larger, 1g white pill. There is no reason she would have to take it at that time of day.

They ONLY medication that she would have to spontaneously pop would be a pain med or anxiety med. MOO

There is nothing that could not be taken on lunch break or afternoon break, if it were a scheduled medication. This was a quick acting med that she took at that table. Xanax, for example.

Alternatively, forming and verbalizing the tought "I'll kill you *****" would be completely justified at that point anyway. If he was truly trying to kill her previously, he would have gone for the gun himself straight from the bathroom into the closet. Jodi may be able to put on a convincing DEMEANOR and use a few "big" words, but her stories are pretty stupid and poorly thought-out. :)

Please let there be 12 people who have as logical and reasonable a thought process as you on the jury. :please:

I don't get why the DT and RS tried to imply it wasn't pre-meditated because she didn't try to clean up the crime scene and remove evidence of her being there.

I hope JM points out again the cup in the shower, the flooding in the bathroom, the camera in the washing machine and the room mate that was supposed to return in about an hour. The answering machine messages after etc. etc. That the murder didn't go exactly as planned and she had a small window of time to get out of there.

I've come to the conclusion that Travis was shot with a jacketed, hollow-point bullet.

The slug recovered from his skull was manufactured by Winchester and weighed exactly 44.8 grains.

Winchester full metal jackets only come in weights of 50 grains or greater. Hollow-Points, however, are never greater than 45 grains.

The slug was in pretty good condition (just a bit flattened) and the ME reported finding no traces of metal fragments in his cranium. I also looked at other damaged bullets that retained their original weight (one guy did an experiment on this and posted pictures and information on his findings) and many looked far more mangled than the one that struck Travis. The worst looked very fragmented (it had also mushroomed considerably), yet it only lost 1/2 grain of weight. So I'm convinced that based on the above, the bullet recovered from his skull retained nearly all its weight and this weight would make it a Winchester 25 auto "expanding point". In other words, a jacketed hollow point.

It solves a mystery too. Like how a 25 caliber bullet managed to pierce his skull from a distance of two-feet or greater. The 25 hollow-point, thanks to its lesser weight, has a significantly greater velocity than a FMJ (815 ft/s vs 760 ft/s), providing it with a force necessary to impact the brain (though not enough velocity to cause expansion).

However, I'm not convinced that this slug was one of the 7 hollow-points stolen from her grandfather. If she had any sense at all, she would have test fired the gun. It would have been utterly foolish to fire the gun for the first time during the murder. That wouldn't happen. She must have test fired it and likely more than once to get the hang of it. Then she would have wanted to replace the spent ammo so that she would have a full clip just in case. This means that she must have purchased extra ammo somewhere. Unfortunately, there were no laws that regulated handgun ammunition sales in 2008. The bill signed in 2009 by Schwarzenegger (requiring a fingerprint and ID to buy ammunition) was struck down in 2011 just before it was supposed to go in effect. So don't expect a "smoking gun" regarding an ammunition receipt.

I LUV LUV LUV that you brought this up. She didn't have to buy more. There was a box of ammo found at her moms house after the killing. Or maybe there is a cash purchase made at walmart at the same time as the gas can ???

He really is a frikkin genius. How does he stay sharp as a tack dealing with multiple trials?

Great footage!

The dude Martinez is talking about has PTSD...:rolleyes:

Martinez forever! Cannot wait to watch and listen to him today... :blowkiss:

Determination doesn't give you superwoman strength.

Adrenaline is human instinct needed for survival. <fight or flight>.

At the end of the day, we are animals.

Perhaps Jodi "shut down, fognesia", but it still doesn't explain the premeditation aspect of human biology.

:twocents: only.

You mean placing him in the shower? You don't need any adrenaline for that, just determination. She's a human with advanced problem solving capabilities, not an animal. I believe she had little if any adrenaline during the time she dragged him down the hallway and placed him in the shower. Perhaps it was strongly elevated in the beginning but by the time she got to the bathroom with his corpse she was calm, focused and ready to clean with that cup of water.

Somehow, somewhere, in my HLN fog, they had a demonstration with a dummy they use for testing firefighters that weighed about 189' and a gal just about the same height and weight as Jodi, if not a bit less.

She was able to do it and the dummy was NOT on a slippery, tile floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1