long weekend break: discuss the latest here #103

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will we get a new thread for the day? I really am anxious (in a good way) to see Mr Martinez complete his questioning of the Dr. And to see what other questions the jury might have to ask him.

ITA that she needs to suck it up! When I get a migraine these days, I still have to take care of my 3 babies!!! I never thought I'd be able to even sit up with a migraine, but when you don't have a choice, it's amazing what you can do.

As usual, Jodi is FOS!

As a migraine sufferer myself I couldn't agree more. She would be showing obvious signs if she truly were having a migraine headache. The DT can't just say "she has a headache" it's just not dramatic enough.

You mean placing him in the shower? You don't need any adrenaline for that, just determination. She's a human with advanced problem solving capabilities, not an animal. I believe she had little if any adrenaline during the time she dragged him down the hallway and placed him in the shower. Perhaps it was strongly elevated in the beginning but by the time she got to the bathroom with his corpse she was calm, focused and ready to clean with that cup of water.

My nephew had to drag a man/woman fifty feet when training to be a paramedic with the fire department. My brother volunteered and he said it pulled his pants almost off. He told his son he needed to pull them back up and was told no dad, you can't your unconscious and can't talk to me.

Ryan Burns said Jodi almost had a six pack, and Jodi said she ran for exercise. I think she could of without the adrenalin pumping her up.

Determination doesn't give you superwoman strength.

Adrenaline is human instinct needed for survival. <fight or flight>.

At the end of the day, we are animals.

Perhaps Jodi "shut down, fognesia", but it still doesn't explain the premeditation aspect of human biology.

:twocents: only.

I've always been told that "crazy people are strong" (said in the knowing voice of my 73 year old grandmother...)

Lissette Martinez@martinezlissOutside of courtroom #JodiArias Nurmi just arrived along with Dr. Samuels

I'm sure this has been asked and answered, sorry, but what time does court start today?

LOL...it is asked everyday there s court. And we never get it right. Right? Last week, lol, we all ( most ) stared at the seal for half an hour. But, alas, I don't want to miss a minute. I will start my live stream at 1:00 est.

Just tweeted the Mit. Sneakygate video and also sent it to someone for whom it *matters*.

IIRC he also said that she met criteria for personality disorder "not otherwise specified" , that she didn't have all or enough criteria to meet the other diagnoses? I personally found that rather hard to believe. I would think she had plenty to fit into at least two or three, jmo.

Working as legal secretary for psychological evaluators, they typically evaluate for major psychiatric disorders FIRST because the tests for the others are invalid if the person has tested positive for an Axis I or Axis II diagnosis.

I noted on an earlier post that Samuels read aloud in court a post script regarding the first test that he administered, that it was NOT applicable to those with Axis I or Axis II. Axis II includes the Narcissistic and Sociopathy groups and even a layman can diagnose JA as a sociopath.

Also, we sometimes lost tests because it's a lot of paperwork and quite honestly, the evaluators are psychologists who cannot handle a therapy load for some personal reason like having small children, having a disability, being incompetent or being so disagreeable no one comes back for a second appointment. Being a psychological evaluator is not satisfying--you don't help anyone other than help them get entitlements. And most people who choose psychology as a career want to help people.

When a test was incomplete or missing, I scheduled the person to come back in and I readministered the test. It happened infrequently but it was not uncommon.

Another job I had while I owned my paralegal business was working for a medical doctor who was a drug expert witness in court. Her specialty was how marijuana and other street drugs interact with OTC and prescription drugs. I can tell you that we routinely cherry picked the studies and reports, using only the ones which supported the side which hired her.

But you already knew that, right? :)

OMGosh! Looks like I've missed so much! I've been offline for about 5 days. My daughter had a baby last Friday and I am helping her in another state. Haven't had a minute to get in here to hear any news. I have a new little grandson who is (of course) perfect!

Last I heard, Jodi had passed something in a folder. Can't wait to get to catch up on everything! I don't get back home for another week and 1/2. Miss you all! :)

I totally agree. It is rare that you find a victim as squeaky clean as Travis Alexander. He reminds me so much of my youngest son (minus his addiction). Acted as the father for the siblings, adored by them.

Here's my question for you - Why did the defense go for self-defense when there is proof everywhere that she is criminally crazy, crime of passion, etc.

This may be a question more for the legal people here, but I'd like to hear what you think.

Because the DT always planned to claim the gunshot came first. Then they put her on the stand and have her claim it went off accidently and she only had the gun cause she was terrified of an abusive madman. The shock brought on the 'fog' and she doesn't remember the overkill. They are hoping for that 'get out of jail free card' If she claims she did it deliberately or is mentally incompetent....there goes that card.

I say the word "approximately" be included on the court schedule.

That way, people have an expectation that is more in line with this court's reality.

It's probably because JM makes her shake like a chiwawa which in turn, causes her brain to scramble, and all that scrambling brings on those migranes. Apparently it's a process :smile:

:floorlaugh:

JM better be careful then, he will get added to the list. Ms. Arias' List of Abusers that Deserve to Die for Confronting Her Lies.

:doorhide:Just checking to see if I got a time out after last night's throwdown....

I think I'm ok....lol.

It's not that strict. Often there is lingering. Anita Richman lingered when she was there and caught the infamous throat grabbing JA did.

KCL I am so in the dark about that incident. Can you or someone direct me to the OP about it? TIA.

OMGosh! Looks like I've missed so much! I've been offline for about 5 days. My daughter had a baby last Friday and I am helping her in another state. Haven't had a minute to get in here to hear any news. I have a new little grandson who is (of course) perfect!

Last I heard, Jodi had passed something in a folder. Can't wait to get to catch up on everything! I don't get back home for another week and 1/2. Miss you all! :)

Congrats Gramma! :great:

Here's the paper pass:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGYHuDDLDQ8"]Jodi Arias Murder Trial Day 31. The camera was still running after court had ended. Starts 0:16 - YouTube[/ame]

thanks for responding, I understand all of what you are saying....but it seems to me that it would have made more sense for self defense if she stated that the "f'n kill you bi...." was said to her after the camera drop...I mean, you shoot someone in the head I am thinking you got one up on them to just leave...she keeps insisting that "it was a threat to her life"...after she shoots him in the head?? She just makes no sense at all....it's all lies anyway, not sure why I am even bothering with this.....LOL...but thank you!

She wants the jury to think Travis said 'F'ing kill you btch' AFTER she shoots him in the head to make it sound like he was still attacking her. She thinks it explains why she didn't stop after shooting him and to explain why she then needed to stab him and almost cut his head off.

This is part of her "script" that she changed! Remember she originally said he threatened to kill her BEFORE she shot him in the head.... I agree with you camcneishg that everything she says is a constructed lie to fit her defense. We just keep talking about it I think cuz we are hoping the jury see's it how we do? :please:

Just tweeted the Mit. Sneakygate video and also sent it to someone for whom it *matters*.

You go girl! If nothing else when this is all over... I would like a separate trial ... I want the Fashion Police to throw the book at the Mit. for fashion atrocities AND... I want Jodi's greasy-azzed bangs and hideous khaki pants to get the death penalty!

Does anyone else ever get timed out (or whatever the correct term is) while in this forum? Is it maybe because of all the traffic? Sometimes I can't even get in...it's giving me a complex :blush: and NOW I have low self esteem.
There is a little box that says remember me when you first log in. Check it and see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels