Deceased/Not Found Canada - Catherine Todd, 48, Kitchener, 18 March 2013 *J. Parise guilty*

Dushi

Reaction score
Seems she was last seen March 18th
Reported missing March 20th

Heard it on the news last night

I haven't looked for updates yet

Yundt said when he knew Todd as a young woman, she was a talented musician with a lot of promise.

“She used to play all over the place. She was really good. She could sing and play by ear,” he said.

Her career in music, in which she launched her own teaching business for piano, violin and accordion students in Waterloo in 2003, slowed to a halt. Those who knew her in more recent years say she didn’t work and may have had health problems.

Investigators are also focusing on reports of a pickup truck seen near Todd’s apartment at 50 Lorraine Ave. on Tuesday or Wednesday morning.

Homicide detectives are leading the investigation.

http://www.therecord.com/news/local...kitchener-woman-was-once-a-well-known-pianist

599702_595148037182000_1296243852_n_zpsbcf8ffd4.jpg

Her apartment building

“It appears she suffered injuries as a result of her disappearance,” said police spokesperson Insp. Kevin Thaler.

It’s not clear how severe Todd’s suspected injuries may have been.

“At this time, we can’t rule out that she’s alive somewhere,” Thaler said.
Todd lives alone with her dog, an older Jack Russell terrier, in a second-floor apartment of the low-rise building that she moved into in December.
The dog was found unattended without food or water in Todd’s apartment days after she was last seen or heard from, according to the building’s superintendent, Otto Kraut.

Kraut said Todd’s boyfriend told him that the woman was reported missing.

“He (the boyfriend) had not been in the apartment for three days, since Sunday evening,” Kraut said, recalling their conversation. “This was Wednesday evening he found the dog there and it was quite messy there because the dog hadn’t been out for days. He also told me that the door had been ajar. The door was not even closed.”

“The dog was her life … I don’t think she would have left that dog behind,” Kraut said.

Police said Todd’s disappearance was reported by an acquaintance, but did not confirm if she had a boyfriend.
http://www.guelphmercury.com/news/local/article/907616--police-suspect-foul-play-in-disappearance-of-kitchener-woman

Police suspect foul play in disappearance of Kitchener woman

Kraut said it would be difficult to move a piece of furniture from the building, which does not have an elevator, and that two people would have been needed.

Police also received reports that a pickup truck was seen in the area on Tuesday or Wednesday morning around 9 a.m.

“The focus remains on trying to determine a timeline surrounding her disappearance and trying to locate or identify a pickup truck that was reported in the area,” Thaler said.

He added that information is being sought about any occupants of the vehicle.

This is my neck of the woods. I'm saddened to see this story has already lost its spot on the front page of The Record, replaced by mayor Rob Ford's latest douchebaggery.

The woman could still be out there alive somewhere, waiting for help. I fear the next article I read will be about finding her body :(

Kind of local too

I looked around this morning....... seems to be a rehash of yesterdays news

No elevator

Over the balcony?

I can't imagine anyone carrying a love seat down a flight of stairs without someone hearing something..

In addition, investigators are looking for a small loveseat that may be covered with a sheet or blanket that is missing from Todd's apartment. It is described as being cream coloured, with tweed material and a cut in the right side.

http://www.wrps.on.ca/missing-persons/missing-catherine-todd-48-years-kitchener-foul-play-suspected

Wow, I'm thinking the perp is someone familiar to her. Otherwise why would the perp feel the need to remove the loveseat?

Didn't any of the residents, especially neighbors, notice a loveseat being removed?

I'm thinking either the bf or a local maybe living in the lowrise... Idk, just seems weird that a perfect stranger would remove the loveseat.

Yundt said when he knew Todd as a young woman, she was a talented musician with a lot of promise.

“She used to play all over the place. She was really good. She could sing and play by ear,” he said.

Her career in music, in which she launched her own teaching business for piano, violin and accordion students in Waterloo in 2003, slowed to a halt. Those who knew her in more recent years say she didn’t work and may have had health problems.

Investigators are also focusing on reports of a pickup truck seen near Todd’s apartment at 50 Lorraine Ave. on Tuesday or Wednesday morning.

Homicide detectives are leading the investigation.

http://www.therecord.com/news/local...kitchener-woman-was-once-a-well-known-pianist

599702_595148037182000_1296243852_n_zpsbcf8ffd4.jpg

Her apartment building

Could the loveseat have been thrown over the railing & then picked up, loaded in the back of a pickup truck, then disposed of?

Could the loveseat have been thrown over the railing & then picked up, loaded in the back of a pickup truck, then disposed of?

Thats is my thought

But why?
I mean, if she was injured, her DNA would be on it

The reports state they feel she was a victim of foul play by what they saw in her apartment

Was someone afraid of being identified?

Thats is my thought

But why?
I mean, if she was injured, her DNA would be on it

The reports state they feel she was a victim of foul play by what they saw in her apartment

Was someone afraid of being identified?

Bc if she were raped & if the perp is hairy then his DNA via sperm & body hair could be on there as well, right down to how old the sperm is.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back