CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM:
11-26-12
None of Dylan’s belongings that could carry his scent was available in the 1st days of the investigation. The family had articles of the boy’s clothing delivered on the weekend. “We have the clothes,” Bender said Monday. “We don’t need them here (at the reservoir), but can use them later.”
http://durangoherald.com/article/20121126/NEWS01/121129702/-1/News01/Frustration-mounting--

Has LE ever stated that on the Monday night and Tuesday they did not have scent articles? I don't believe that they have.

I as well would like to point out that the shirt Dylan is described as wearing on NAMUS is a NIKE shirt.

BBM:
11-26-12
None of Dylan’s belongings that could carry his scent was available in the 1st days of the investigation. The family had articles of the boy’s clothing delivered on the weekend. “We have the clothes,” Bender said Monday. “We don’t need them here (at the reservoir), but can use them later
http://durangoherald.com/article/20121126/NEWS01/121129702/-1/News01/Frustration-mounting--

So by the time they were searching at the lake I'm assuming they had the clothing and other articles from Dylan's home in Colo Springs. But it doesn't sound like they used them at the lake?

So by the time they were searching at the lake I'm assuming they had the clothing and other articles from Dylan's home in Colo Springs. But it doesn't sound like they used them at the lake?

I don't think they'd need any clothing at the lake if they were using cadaver dogs to look for a dead body.

Discussion of the pictures and the fetish are not allowed.

:tyou:

Mark said he tried to wake his son the next morning around 7:30 before leaving to run errands, but Dylan was fast asleep
http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121215/NEWS01/121219687/-1/news01&source=RSS

And, you know, I get up to go run my errands ‘cos I had a payroll issue that needed to be dealt with first thing Monday morning because that’s when payroll goes in, and so it was important for me to get down there as early as possible. Well, I wanted to leave at 6:30 so I would be there at 7:30 when they open the doors.

You know, I spent 45 minutes… an hour… trying to get Dylan to wake up and, you know, and helping him… saying, you know, “Dylan, I’m going down,” ‘cos he had talked to me about going to see his friend, Ryan …that morning, but he wasn’t having no part of it… which is not uncommon for him. I mean, you can’t get him to bed and you can’t get him up. Pretty much how it is when he’s not at school to deal with, which is most of the time when he’s up here, although he had a school bus stop right down the street, so he could ride the bus from the school up here if I was home, or he could ride it to his mom’s house, which was a thing of beauty because her and I didn’t have to deal with transporting him.
Melissa Blasius Interview

DENISE HESS: And that he had gotten up in the morning, stirred around the house, made some noise trying to get Dylan up, and Dylan didn’t want to get up and go into town at that time.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1211/28/ng.01.html

Mark Redwine said he was going to give Dylan a ride to his friends’ house and tried to wake him up when he left Monday morning but said Dylan was “out like a light
http://www.durangoherald.com/articl...ement-says-missing-teenager-did-not-run-away-

The next morning, Dad says at about 7:30 AM, Dylan was still asleep there on the couch. He`d had a bed made up for him there. He said Dylan apparently wanted to sleep in, so dad left, went to go run some errands.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1212/03/ng.01.html

“He was sleeping on the couch, and I told him I had to go about my errands,” Mark Redwine said in a Sunday telephone interview. “He said, “OK, I understand.” The focus for him was to go to his friend’s, but I live far back in the canyon.
http://www.gazette.com/articles/dylan-148038-son-redwine.html

"Before I left I nudged him on the shoulder and he acknowledged that he understood that I needed to leave, and if he needed anything, he would just call me."
VIDEO (need link)

"The next morning, Dylan was sleeping on the couch where Mark Redwine now sits and where Dylan's blankets still lie jumbled. Mark said he waited until 7:30 a.m. but still couldn't rouse his son, so he told him he would return about 11.
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_22108222/dad-its-wait-wonder#ixzz2Jf4xoyeQ

Oh TXJan1971 - Thank you SO much!!! I was just coming back to go through all of the media links. I think I was definitely remembering the video in regard to Mark nudging him on the shoulder. It seems strange to me that MR would have so many different versions of what he did to wake DR up that morning, and what, if any, DR's response was. It's good to see it all here in the same place, too. Thanks again!!! :hug:

Has LE ever stated that on the Monday night and Tuesday they did not have scent articles? I don't believe that they have.

I as well would like to point out that the shirt Dylan is described as wearing on NAMUS is a NIKE shirt.

What is NAMUS? What's the significance of NIke? <modsnip>

No I wouldn't think that would be the norm for a suspected runaway. So that tells me from early on they weren't so convinced he was a runaway.

There had to be something that was of concern to LE.

What concerned LE?

Point about the shirt? It was my understanding that that was an error. IDK? I don't know how anyone can say what Dylan was wearing if he was last seen dressed on Sunday night by MR then I would assume he was wearing what he wore when he flew in. Are you suggesting that someone knows he was wearing something else? MR saw him in a Nike shirt? A neighbor did? Who saw him in a Nike shirt?

Well if all of Dylan's belongings were gone with him where are the scent articles and why did MH have to go back home and get Dylan's clothes and such?

Point about the shirt? It was my understanding that that was an error. IDK? I don't know how anyone can say what Dylan was wearing if he was last seen dressed on Sunday night by MR then I would assume he was wearing what he wore when he flew in. Are you suggesting that someone knows he was wearing something else? MR saw him in a Nike shirt? A neighbor did? Who saw him in a Nike shirt?

Well if all of Dylan's belongings were gone with him where are the scent articles and why did MH have to go back home and get Dylan's clothes and such?

Yet the flyers on NAMUS and on the Official page describe him as wearing a Nike shirt. Why? He was wearing what appeared to me to be a shirt with DC on it.

As well, can anyone recall LE sending a media alert in a runaway case?

At this point I am past perplexed.

Just wondering, and in an attempt to ease your state of perplexion (I guess now it's post perplexion)?

Perhaps LE was confronted with a situation where they had a father who was not too worried about it, who thought the child was just roaming around and needed to be knocked upside the head (paraphrasing), and a mother who was sounding a full-out alarm, insisting that her son would not have disappeared in this manner, and so they decided to take both approaches?

Of course I've read other reports that indicated they did not react in the manner which you state (any links re: reverse 911 calls, etc.?), so I don't know what's fact and what's not.

Thank you.

IMO, JMO

Just wondering, and in an attempt to ease your state of perplexion (I guess now it's post perplexion)?

Perhaps LE was confronted with a situation where they had a father who was not too worried about it, who thought the child was just roaming around and needed to be knocked upside the head (paraphrasing), and a mother who was sounding a full-out alarm, insisting that her son would not have disappeared in this manner, and so they decided to take both approaches?

Of course I've read other reports that indicated they did not react in the manner which you state (any links re: reverse 911 calls, etc.?), so I don't know what's fact and what's not.

Thank you.

IMO, JMO

You will find the media alert on the bottom of the Durango Herald, in one of the posts just in the last couple of pages.

I will look for the 911 link as that may of been in LE press release.

Just dropping this in here

There&#8217;s been some discussion ^upthread re how much time is needed for a scent to be detected by HRD dogs

sarx has been on some various Dylan threads, but I cheated and grabbed some comments from an HRD questions thread (Baby Lisa case)
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-152258.html

BBM

Thanks a lot for that, I appreciate it.
In regard to house pets and the like, I have no doubt they can smell a person has passed immediately. There is a lot of talk now about pets (cats and dogs at least) that can even tell when a sick person is beginning the process of death itself. Does anyone else remember the story in the news a few years back about the cat that lived in a nursing home that could predict a patient's death? The cat would go and lay down on the person's bed and not move for hours, and that was a signal to all of the people who worked in the home that the person was indeed going to pass away... It's pretty remarkable.

I know some dogs and cats have even being able to tell when a person with epilepsy is going to have a seizure, or someone who suffers from migraines is about to have one, and that it is thought some dogs can detect cancer.

I've also heard tell of stories of people with migraines whose pets actually get physically ill along with them even when the illness isn't caused by anything in the environment - I'm guessing it's like sympathetic labor pains or something!

Sorry, I guess that might be a bit off-topic, but it amazes me what animals are able to do, and what they might still surprise us with!

Back to the topic as it applies to this case...

I'm glad you quoted the comment that mentioned that window of confusion, as I think that's what I was trying to address, but it makes it so much clearer to talk about it with that phrasing!

I wonder if there are any studies that have ever been done where they have kept close track of amount of time after death, and exposure of articles to the body at various stages of decomposition? I've looked and looked, but as I said, the only study I can find referred to a cadaver as being "less than 3 hours postmortem", but no exact time since death given.

Thanks again for pulling those quotes/comments I really appreciate that! :)

O/T ETA: In case anyone is interested in the cat I mentioned above, I found a segment from CBSNews "Eye to Eye" that discusses "Oscar" with the Geriatrician who works at the nursing home. There are other videos available at YouTube about Oscar, but some have really bad sound... Here's the link:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PxI3efVVeI"]Eye To Eye: Oscar The Cat (CBS News) - YouTube[/ame]

ETA II: Gosh, I forgot it would put up that huge imbedded screen. Didn't mean to distract anyone by posting it.

I believe the reverse 911 call was also mentioned as a "rumor" on FB..........

This is from the article (Durango Herald 11/26/2012) you cited earlier:

None of Dylan&#8217;s belongings that could carry his scent was available in the first days of the investigation. But the family had articles of the boy&#8217;s clothing delivered on the weekend.

&#8220;We have the clothes,&#8221; Bender said Monday. &#8220;We don&#8217;t need them here (at the reservoir), but can use them later.&#8221;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong