trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #110

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they couldn't have just given JA some food and medicine for her fake migraine? The Judge couldn't have asked to continue testimony after lunch? They just decide the whole day is off!

This Judge makes me mad! She could learn a thing or two from Judge Perry 'I'll work you all day Saturdays!"

Even the pedophile fable changed. First she saw it on his computer then they morphed into photos.
What a wacko.

This is the long and short version of: The Life of Travis & Jodi (imo)

Jodi was in love with Travis ...Travis was in love with this newly found pastime called sex... Jodi's prowess turned him on but not her personality.... He love the sex but not her.......Jodi thought the sex would hold him... Travis like the sex but was growing tired of it... He was looking for a decent woman to settle down with now that he was 30... Jodi realized this ... the trip was the last straw... She went to his home uninvited and probably unannounced a gave him one last chance while equipped for the worse (gun)........She be-gifted him with KY-Brazilian wax sex thinking he would change his mind ... After the sex she probably asked was he still taking that girl to Cancun....... He said yep and the gun/knife came out... End of the story ... guilty as charge...

:twocents::twocents::twocents: AGREED!!!!!! :twocents::twocents::twocents:

Can someone pls give those of us who are just jumping in an abbreviated status of happenings in court today.

Thank you!!!!!

OMG ... I knew it ... I knew it ! :furious: This judge has just got to go ... she is BIASED !

And I bet this "convict" deserved DP or LWOP !

All this carp about "appellate issues" my ... but ... she's been "coddling" the defense and Jodi since the beginning !

:moo::moo::moo:

I believe I read the defendant plead guilty (iirc, I read it on Wild About Trial's twitter)

Well, tomorrow is only part day starting 9 or 9:30.

The poor Alexander family.

:(
fran

And the cynical side of me wonders if the DT did this to make sure that they are still questioning their witness when the long break comes.

I cannot imagine what it must be like for the family to do this; they have my utmost admiration and compassion.

Chris Williams was brought to court early on I think for Voir dire from defense and I can't remember exactly why. The defense was questioning him in a hostile way because he had called Nurmi a LIAR. Apparently Nurmi had told Chris' wife they had letters from Travis proving he was a pedophile, I think. Anyway, letters proved to be forgeries. Chris found out it wasn't true and called him a liar for lying to his wife to try and make TA look bad to them. I am sure they will testify for prosecution in rebuttal case. I think the only thing Nurmi could ask Chris about is that early on Chris made a lighthearted comment that TA was a ladies man. It is all in the testimony but I don't have a link. Someone here will let you kow. These posters are great!
I think you mean HUGHES.

But the twitter mentioned TA's family might feel upset that Stevens let the killer off, but she didn't at all, unless it's two different cases. I'm so confused.

No, she didn't let the killer off. He plead and my guess is he did so to avoid the DP. She gave him the maximum sentence she could. He'll never leave prison. A lot of this stuff gets blown out proportion and I get that emotions are high right now, but let's not bash this judge when it's not necessary. Cancelling for the day was the right thing to do, whether Jodi was faking or not. If she had said no, we're going forward today as planned, it would have been appealed on those grounds and my guess it would have been successful and we would be right back here in a year or so doing this all over again. :twocents:

Jodi felt "faint" yesterday

Jodi has a "migraine" today

Next week she will have the flu

LOL. Of course she did. She's probably wearing birkenstocks, too. Honestly, of all the decades to get stuck in, the 70's really is the worst.

I love my Birkis! I never get lower back pain when I wear them.

Argh so I went for a power nap and I get up to hear court is cancelled because poor jodi isnt feeling well again?!
She looked fine to me at the hearing

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Does Alyce the violet get paid for today anyway?

When an expert comes in, then has to leave, I believe their contract states something like they get paid a "minimum" of 4 hrs. So she would get approx $1200 to show up and then have to leave.

She is basically sitting around not seeing her own patients, or running her business in California. This kind of trial can nearly shut her down for months (not that I think thats a bad thing) especially because she is out of state.

Chris Williams was brought to court early on I think for Voir dire from defense and I can't remember exactly why. The defense was questioning him in a hostile way because he had called Nurmi a LIAR. Apparently Nurmi had told Chris' wife they had letters from Travis proving he was a pedophile, I think. Anyway, letters proved to be forgeries. Chris found out it wasn't true and called him a liar for lying to his wife to try and make TA look bad to them. I am sure they will testify for prosecution in rebuttal case. I think the only thing Nurmi could ask Chris about is that early on Chris made a lighthearted comment that TA was a ladies man. It is all in the testimony but I don't have a link. Someone here will let you kow. These posters are great!
:tyou:

Maybe JA's mother wore the DV bracelet for herself, being a survivor of JA's penchant for violence and all, and maybe JA got a gander at Mom wearing same and she pitched a hissy. Then she gets an attack of the vapors and - poof! - no court today. Too bad for everyone else who showed up. Try again tomorrow!

Ugh. These people give me a cramp. Give the monster her meds and let's get on with it already.
:furious:

Please don't start another argument here you guys. Let's stay focused on this trial. I'm so drained and feeling very emotional. Poor Travis and family. On the bright side this is the last witness and we do have court tomorrow. Let's all rest well and stay focused on the fact that this trial is slowly but surely coming to an end.

First Jodi was complaining about not getting lunch. Yesterday she got an energy bar.

Will this be an appellant issue?
What irked me was that that BREAK took place right after a BREAK. Why couldn't she have asked for it then?

Maybe she has to rest for the jail Easter pageant?

So it's for sure a migraine on JA's part that got court cancelled??? Has anyone ever heard of SUCK IT UP????? I cannot believe she's allowed to direct the courtroom this way. Unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bridthur47