CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? What is there to substantiate your opinion?

I cannot speak for MG, but I can speak for myself. IMO it is possible that Mark had nothing to do with Dylan's disappearance for the lack of evidence we have thus far been presented. Being the last person to see someone does not necessarily a murderer make. There have been many instances where the last person to see a missing child were not the ones involved in their disappearance. Rather than cite every single case throughout history, I prefer to look at history as a whole. I have spent a lot of time just reading about the cases of many children who have been missing over history. In many cases kids just go 'poof' without a trace. Being a history major in college, it was always taught that the biggest importance history served was that it's suppose to be studied to analyze where the mistakes were made to see what caused the tragedies in life. Only then could we understand what went wrong and how to change those things for our future. When I look at things I also look at what has occurred not only now, but also in the past, and from there I can see all the possibilities that exist.

If anyone is interested in viewing other missing kids cases as far back as anyone can remember, here is a link for site that is a database of all the details of each case they have on file. It's pretty extensive, but IMO it's taught me so much about missing children cases as far as possible and probable.

http://www.charleyproject.org/

Again, I can only speak for myself, but I hope that helps for those who are asking some of us what do we have to substantiate our opinions. This is how I substantiate mine.

They said the blankets and pillow could not be used because the couch was a common area and many different scents could have collected there and transferred to the blanket and pillow. Sorta like cross contamination. FWIW.
Thank you.

ATV's are very noisy, trust me at the lake I can hear my husband leave a friend's place almost 2 miles away. It takes a bit to get one on the back of a pick-up truck as well. I would suspect if there was an ATV in the garage and if there was any evidence of recent use it would have been taken during the big search. But if Mark does have one, it begs the question if he was familiar with the trails? That would not surprise me in the least. In rural areas they are very common.

I found the video that shows Elaine's complaint about Mark letting Dylan ride an ATV alone. It doesn't say who the ATV belongs to. It may belong to Mark or it could belong to a friend.

ETA. This incident allegedly occurred in 2008. Who knows if Mark still had access to the ATV in 2012.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/303598/339/Missing-boys-family-had-violent-history

In fact " AN atv" sounds very much like it does not belong to MR or it might have been said " his atv'' .

Skylar's Law passed the House and now it's off to the Senate!!!!

his nearest friend (T) lives 6 miles away, his friend (R) that he had made plans to meet with at 6.30am lived 20 miles away.

And if he indeed waited for mr to leave and make a plan he would have answered (r) text at 6:45 asking where he was or At least make conTact wih the friends he had plans with

I cannot speak for MG, but I can speak for myself. IMO it is possible that Mark had nothing to do with Dylan's disappearance for the lack of evidence we have thus far been presented. Being the last person to see someone does not necessarily a murderer make. There have been many instances where the last person to see a missing child were not the ones involved in their disappearance. Rather than cite every single case throughout history, I prefer to look at history as a whole. I have spent a lot of time just reading about the cases of many children who have been missing over history. In many cases kids just go 'poof' without a trace. Being a history major in college, it was always taught that the biggest importance history served was that it's suppose to be studied to analyze where the mistakes were made to see what caused the tragedies in life. Only then could we understand what went wrong and how to change those things for our future. When I look at things I also look at what has occurred not only now, but also in the past, and from there I can see all the possibilities that exist.

If anyone is interested in viewing other missing kids cases as far back as anyone can remember, here is a link for site that is a database of all the details of each case they have on file. It's pretty extensive, but IMO it's taught me so much about missing children cases as far as possible and probable.

http://www.charleyproject.org/

Again, I can only speak for myself, but I hope that helps for those who are asking some of us what do we have to substantiate our opinions. This is how I substantiate mine.

FWIW...I went through all 93 missing individuals for Alaska listed on the project. Only 7-8 were kids between birth and 17; 4-5 were young adults 18-21. As a data base, the Charley Project lists many more adults than kids.

It is always prudent, IMO, to look at those closest to the the missing child first. Individuals have given excellent information about cases where this is true. I believe that only about 1 -2% of all missing children are from stranger abductions.

BUT, you're right, one always needs to keep an open mind. Remembering those like Elizabeth Smart and Jaycee Dugard reminds us to keeping looking at all possibilities.

JMO...MOO...and all that...

Hello everyone! Mark Redwine said in an interview that his son went to sleep early Sunday evening because he was up late on Saturday and he travelled all day Sunday so is it true that Dylan’s flight was originally scheduled to leave on Saturday but it left on Sunday instead and Mark found out about the scheduling change when he/we went to the airport on Saturday to pick up Dylan? TIA

Hello everyone! Mark Redwine said in an interview that his son went to sleep early Sunday evening because he was up late on Saturday and he travelled all day Sunday so is it true that Dylan’s flight was originally scheduled to leave on Saturday but it left on Sunday instead and Mark found out about the scheduling change when he/we went to the airport on Saturday to pick up Dylan? TIA

I'm not sure what your question is.

Looks like what I described is actually 3 different types. I guess the air scent one is what I was thinking of, even if it isn't used in natural disasters. :blushing: Thank you much.

I was definitely under the impression that there were basically only two types of dogs, too. I was thinking of the tracking/trailing ones and the HRD ones!

As my grandmother used to tell me - if it's a day in which you haven't learned at least one thing new, then you haven't really lived. So, I'm happy when I learn something new - or fix a misconception I have! lol

I ditto your thanks to everyone who has posted more information about SAR dogs! They are so amazing! :great:

I'm not sure what your question is.
below is her question from her post..
Originally Posted by Bluesky#1
is it true that Dylan’s flight was originally scheduled to leave on Saturday but it left on Sunday instead and Mark found out about the scheduling change when he/we went to the airport on Saturday to pick up Dylan? TIA

below is her question from her post..

Are you sure about that? Maybe the question is "Did Mark say in an interview" and then the rest of the post. I can't tell myself so I asked.

There were mechanical issues with the plane on Saturday. I don't know where MR was when he learned that Dylan's flight was rescheduled. I don't believe that has been reported in MSM. :moo:

Given that it's about an hour drive from his home to the Airport in Durango, it's entirely possible that he'd already left home or was in Durango. I know I used to get to the airport well in advance of my son's arrival, but I'm a nervous parent. :moo:

There is a PI by the name of Charlie Parker. I saw him on the documentary "The Imposter" (Wow, that documentary was intense! An unbelieeeevable story. For those of you that haven't seen it, you HAVE to check it out. It's on netflix. It's about the disappearance of Nicholas Barclay). His work on Nicholas' case makes me think he could possibly be helpful in Dylan's case.

There is a PI by the name of Charlie Parker. I saw him on the documentary "The Imposter" (Wow, that documentary was intense! An unbelieeeevable story. For those of you that haven't seen it, you HAVE to check it out. It's on netflix. It's about the disappearance of Nicholas Barclay). His work on Nicholas' case makes me think he could possibly be helpful in Dylan's case.

I was about to ask it it's on Netflix! Always happy to have something new to watch. I will definitely take your advice and watch this. Thanks.

I was about to ask it it's on Netflix! Always happy to have something new to watch. I will definitely take your advice and watch this. Thanks.

You're welcome. It has got to be the craziest thing I've ever seen in missing persons investigations. No spoilers!!!

Here's what I have about the 9:37 text information:

1-24-13
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...3-year-old-dylan-redwine-in-durango-vallecito

Deputies have released an update timeline about Dylan’s activities on Sunday, November 18:
9:37 p.m. Dylan’s last electronic device communication (texting)

1-24-13
http://www.koaa.com/news/reward-for-information-on-missing-dylan-redwine-increased/

Deputies have released an update timeline about Dylan’s activities on Sunday, November 18:
9:37 p.m. Dylan’s last electronic device communication (texting)

1-24-13
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...-details-dylan-redwines-last-known-activities

… and his last text message was sent at 9:37 p.m. on Nov. 18.

1-31-13
http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=313914

… and his last text message was sent at 9:37 p.m. on Nov. 18.

1-31-13
http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=313914

Dylan sent text messages throughout the evening. Investigators say the last text went out at 9:37 p.m.

1-31-13
http://www.9news.com/video/2133148201001/1/What-happened-to-Dylan-Redwine
(Video)

Dylan made plans by text message with friends to meet in nearby Bayfield in the morning. The last message was sent at 9:37 p.m., which leaves everyone else wondering what happened after that.

Melissa Blasius Twitter
2-1-13
https://twitter.com/MelissaBlasius

@SherryGrondin Dylan Redwine used cell until 9:37 the night prior to disappearing, and not at all after that. Dad's story = Detective's

2-1-13

@SherryGrondin 8pm came from a teen friend whom Dylan was texting. Investigators recently confirmed the real last text time- 9:37

2-5-13

@lynseypug I was told the last text sent from his cellphone was at 9:37 pm. It's the only electronic device investigators are talking about

I believe this is the information/date you are looking for re: MR stating they stayed up and watched the movie, etc.

Date: 2/4/13
Melissa Blasius Interview

Mark Redwine:
Well, there’s not a lot of cell phone service between Durango and the lake up here, and it’s not until you come up past the dam that you actually can get your cell phone service as a Verizon customer.

But, I specifically remember him texting about that time, and he was texting on the couch after we were here and watching the movie he was over there texting or playing a video or something. I just assumed he was texting, ‘cos it’s not like he can’t ever get service up here, it’s just very sporadic. You know, in one place he might be he can’t get service and then he could take a step to the left or a step to the right and voila all of a sudden he has service, and the two places he told me he could get service was from the corner of the couch where he was sitting, which has been changed, but right by the TV there, and my room.
Well, he didn’t go into my room. He went upstairs for a few things – brought the DVD player down so we could watch that movie that he wanted to watch.

Mark Redwine:
Well, we were watching the movie together. I remember the movie being finished. I at some point was pacing the floor and got up and was taking care of a few little things you know over here at the kitchen table while we were doing that but, you know, it was – Shortly after the ending of that movie, which my guess, and I don’t recall because I don’t keep track of the clock… you know…it must have been… I thought it was earlier in the beginning…’cos I was fairly tired anyway, and I know Dylan was tired because he indicated to me that because he had been up ‘till 4:00 the night before and that he had spent most of the day in the airport traveling to get here that he was tired, and, you know, it seems to me it had to been about 10:30’ish maybe by the time the movie got done… somewhere in there and, you know, shortly after that I ran up and went to bed and he finished up doin’ whatever he was doin’ watching Nickelodeon or whatever he was watching.
Melissa Blasius Interview

Thank you as always.

So, 01/24/13 was first mention of 9:37pm by LE, and 02/04/13 was the date that Mark states for the first time publicly that Dylan was up texting (or something) to approximately 10:30ish.

Second Question - Am I correct in the assumption that there were no statements from Mark between 01/25/13 and 02/04/13?

Thank you as always.

So, 01/24/13 was first mention of 9:37pm by LE, and 02/04/13 was the date that Mark states for the first time publicly that Dylan was up texting (or something) to approximately 10:30ish.

Second Question - Am I correct in the assumption that there were no statements from Mark between 01/25/13 and 02/04/13?

I believe there were "statements" by MR between 1/25/13 and 2/4/13; however, what specific statement should I be looking for? (Brain fried after a long day daddy-sitting) :blushing:

I believe there were "statements" by MR between 1/25/13 and 2/4/13; however, what specific statement should I be looking for? (Brain fried after a long day daddy-sitting) :blushing:

You are so sweet to do all the legwork :) .

I was just wondering whether the first statement made by MR after 01/24/13 made mention of a change in timeline. But, it sounds as if that is not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10