Identified! OR - Cave Junction, 'Annie Doe' WhtFem UP10929, 16-20, Redwood Hwy, Aug'71 - Annie Lehman

yes but if you go to google maps and put in mp 35 redwood highway, cave junction, or - it will get you closer

Does it say anywhere how long she was by the side of the road for? I've noticed the longer after their time of death they are found that their models of face can be less accurate. Just wondering...

This is according to the Doe Network:

•The victim was discovered on August 19, 1971 in Josephine County, Oregon
•Estimated Date of Death: July 1, 1971

I've been wondering why they think she died on July 1st? Something that was found with her?

As said, we are not certain on that time line

says it has a blue stone with the letters AL etched on it

On NAMUS it has pics and the ring is a Mother Of Pearl and is white?
Which is correct?
And on DOE it needs to be adding jewelry pictures as well also the shoes need to be on there..
also:
her hair looks red so anyone seeing the picture is mislead by the auburn look of the facsimilie hair..can they tone the hair down to reflect brown with blonde streaks?
Like may WEBSLEUTHERS, this case caught my attention years ago..but the DOE representation needs updated..thanks!:seeya:

I'll entertain thoughts from anyone about Annie. I currently have a "short list" of 103 young ladies from the US and Canada. Of those, 23 have DNA on file and data bases have not gotten a hit. Another 56 have been tentatively excluded for a variety of reasons. If Annie has sibilings, they want to know what happened! I'm reading every post so, bring your thoughts on!

It would help.
If a NO HIT list was here as well.

Cut and paste?
thanks!
I am researching today..listened to TRICIA'S radio show thanks Tricia!
Great show!:rocker::great:

I could be wrong, but she doesn't look like a ran-a-way to me. Her cloths look like a girl that took care of herself, worked, went to school, you know. I check all the missing in CA from 1969 to 1971 but really didn't come up with anything. No purse or ID of any kind means they possibly robbed her too. But then ditch a knife, which could have had DNA or prints on it. That is strange. So I will keep checking the missing persons, but the clothing probably isn't what she had on if she was a run away or left months before this happened to her. The A & L on that ring has to be someone close to her, why else is this scratched into it.? It is also kind of juvenile to do that to a ring, like a kid did it. Adults don't usually deface there pearl ring in this manner, they get stuff engraved. I wonder if she could have wondered away from a home of some kind? Just a thought, back to checking missing persons. This is JMO.

Which is correct?
And on DOE it needs to be adding jewelry pictures as well also the shoes need to be on there..
also:
her hair looks red so anyone seeing the picture is mislead by the auburn look of the facsimilie hair..can they tone the hair down to reflect brown with blonde streaks?
Like may WEBSLEUTHERS, this case caught my attention years ago..but the DOE representation needs updated..thanks!:seeya:

I haven't started my drawing yet, just wanted to get a feel of more details and the photo shop in black and white, did that. I am going to do her hair more natural and with the streaks. I want to soften the face too, maybe that would help.

I was wondering if perhaps the AL[ scratched very sloppy on ring face]
could be the killers initials or first name rather than the victim's?

Ok, sorry all that "stuff" to do yesterday. I will be going back and reading and respond after I get stuff done. Quickly - the MOP is a MOP, not blue. It is not a real stone, fake. Ring like you would by at a trade show.

Not perfect but it gives her some softness and what she could have looked like with make-up.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 106
It would help.
If a NO HIT list was here as well.

Cut and paste?
thanks!
I am researching today..listened to TRICIA'S radio show thanks Tricia!
Great show!:rocker::great:

I will try and get some names out today but I have to do further "hand-on" research with her clothing today. NamUs will be adding 4 (I think) DNA exclusions soon.

Which is correct?
also:

I will be sending update to DOE this afternoon. The NamUs site will be the most current usually.

Found this trademark/logo info. re: the silver ring

Not sure how much it helps?

http://www.antique-jewelry-investor.com/crime-scene-investigation.html

http://www.illusionjewels.com/costumejewelrymarksm.html

I found this page of Researching Costume Jewely site. If you go to M you will find the marking on the silver ring (M H) and it tells you the date they were in business and yr bought out. Thomas McGrath and Hamlin 1907 to 1980. Good page for other sleuthing references.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back