Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looked it up twice...once some days prior to the crime, and once a few minutes before calling the police. We differ on what we think is a reasonable explanation.

He gave a reasonable explanation for looking it up a second time as well. With an iphone you close the web browser by pressing the home button but the next time you open the browser the last page you looked at automatically refreshes and loads again. Therefore it is completely plausible that he opened the web browser that morning, the self incrimination page reloaded (looking like he purposely visited it again), and then he accessed the QLD police site.

He has no reasonable explanation for anything else, but this explanation sounds completely legitimate. I hardly think he bothered to think that one thing through and nothing else. IMO it can be discounted as "evidence". Doesn't mean he didn't do it.

I would say his explanation is reasonable - from what I understand, web pages can reload when the internet is accessed - the last visited site can show up. I guess it will depend on if and what he accessed between the two occasions. If it all looks legit, I don't think this is going to help the prosecution's case.

I am not sure the defence should open with that argument.

He has no reasonable explanation for anything else, but this explanation sounds completely legitimate.

It reloads minutes before he calls the police to report his wife missing? He is one unlucky guy.

It reloads minutes before he calls the police to report his wife missing? He is one unlucky guy.
Not spontaneously, he used his phone web browser to look up the QLD police website, presumably to get a phone number.

I would say his explanation is reasonable - from what I understand, web pages can reload when the internet is accessed - the last visited site can show up. I guess it will depend on if and what he accessed between the two occasions. If it all looks legit, I don't think this is going to help the prosecution's case.

Agreed. I hate to say it though :/

I currently have 5 tabs open on safari in my phone. Most of them crime sites, they refresh as soon as I open them. Imagine what the police would make of mine!!! :what:

One tab has been open for a couple of weeks because I keep meaning to go back and read it.

It would be pretty easy to evaluate. I'm sure they would know how long he was on the page. If only a second or two I'd be inclined to believe it was a very unlucky coincidence. A minute or longer...well... That's a different story.

Not spontaneously, he used his phone web browser to look up the QLD police website, presumably to get a phone number.

He needed to look up 000?

I think you will find he looked up the QPS website to look up his rights, not for a number.

Not to mention, which grown adult does not know what "taking the fifth" means, at least in a general sense? How stupid can one real estate agent be? Seriously, if you feel that is a reasonable explanation (along with the poorly timed unintentional reload minutes before reporting his wife missing), and not something that he later managed to manipulate a scenario to suit the facts, then perhaps its best you excuse yourself from the jury.

I think you will find he looked up the QPS website to look up his rights, not for a number.

According to the 000 transcript he tried the non-emergency number first, didn't he? Plausible that he would look up that number on his phone website browser

In the transcript of his 000 phone call GBC stated that he originally tried the "131 number". He may well have been looking this up as a lot of people don't know it off by heart, especially if they have never had to use it.

Thanks for the invite Aunty. I've been lurking from the beginning and whilst I have only just joined, I have enjoyed all of the sleuthing from the outset. As someone who grew up in the western suburbs of Brisbane (now live interstate) I have been following the case from the beginning with immense interest.

Please excuse my rant, but I am passionate about this case because, justice must prevail over ego, money, power , position and acting. If GBC gets away with M....r , then , we have no Justice. It's just a money making , ego driven, lying, machine.
I'm a divorced B'field wife and mother,(who was raised there and was my stomping ground :( .... who had to remove herself and children from the area , permanently) to get away from a wannabe millonaire, wannabe church owner through tax deductible contributions, a member of same mens club, screwed everyone he did business with, spent lots of money & went on expensive overseas business trips, family ignored what he did to them and me, even managed to get $ 1000,s of gov funding for a business that no one could work out its use or meaning, and he is a walking , functioning, mirror image of GBC .

My ex, when I escaped from him, ($?) employed a barrister, who was not yet sworn in , but soon to be , a newly appointed family court Judge. ( oh yes folks, and guess what happened to me? I ended up with a judgement that was a copy and paste of another judgement and I was given nothing. I suspect someone was desperate to make sure his last case showed and proved how good he was.
I would hate to think how low this person stooped behind chambers to get what he wanted, for ego sake. ( This same person, I have heard, has taken children off their mothers to reside with their fathers, where no proof was required)
I appealed,3 Judges heard it, and I was successful, and was awarded $5,000 compensation . This was money to help me have it reheard again. Meanwhile my ex owned the house, cars, businesses, rental properties etc. i needed $30,000 plus to have it reheard, and $ 25,000 to pay for my appeal fees. I had to walk away with nothing, and an ex who believed he was awarded it all because I was worthless.
Power, money and lies prevailed. A mother and her 2 children had nothing. I fought to keep my children, and that is a whole other story. Heartbreaking, but in the end, a female Magistrate had heard about my case, and helped my child get heard and get help.

Justice? No , but he told me he would make sure I had nothing, and he got what he wanted.
He still owns the 1mill family home on the park, best block there, but rents it out whilst he screws another woman who he lives with, who has new money , house, small kids sadly, from her dead husbands estate . Oh yes, he did his homework on this one.
But lucky for my children, and me, his plan to murder me, didnt work. He tried to have my friend charged with assult, when he stood in front of me and took the manic punches and blows one late dark night in Brookfield, and he went to the doctors to have his bruised hands documented as wounds of the assult.
The doctor didnt buy it, but he still used it as his evidence,to have my friend charged, because he said it was proof.... Eventually the police did nothing.

They lie, and Lie, and believe people will always believe them. so long as they have said it. Their words are uttered from God and they are 1 step from god, closer than You or I , or their children or any church or any other man.
It doesn't matter if its true, they have said it, so it is True.

Very disturbing stuff.

I am still a defendant to his dillusional court applications, 10 yrs now , and the youngest is 16. He loves the power to have me appear before him to defend his Applications.
I now just say,when I appear , now via phone link, as never in the B'bane court, that he is just here to annoy me and waste the courts time, and the magistrate always agrees , and dismisses his application. The magistrate never, does anything to stop him from doing it again. His secret is to go to different cities to lodge his applications. He is black listed here in B'bane.
So... being a defendant is my job. People have no idea what I mean when I say, Im a professional defendant.
Anyway, what I am saying is, " if GBC gets away with murder, then, what hope in hell have we got, if these types have also got away with taking our homes, pushing us out of our communities, away from our friends, our clubs, affecting our health, our dignity, our truth , our word, and also slapping our childrens faces, when they ask to be heard, beg for a say, and are ignored as hearsay, till they are 16, and then ignored again , as adults, because its all over.

I hate the way the mother victim is silenced by either murder or a system who supports the man with the money and big time lawyers, who god help you, are rubbing shoulders with the Judges.

Whatever GBC says or does, always look at it in a mirror, because it will be the exact opposite to the truth. His left is our right. his up is our down. his in is our out.
And don't be fooled by his lovers acting. She loves him because she is just like him. He is all that she wants to be and more. She wants to show him how good she is, and will do anything to keep him. I'm not convinced by her crocodile tears and acting. Too many lies there already. 2 narcissists in action.

Again, sorry for my rant..... Justice must be done ... The truth must be found... Just this once... just for Allison and her babies. :blushing:

Not to mention, which grown adult does not know what "taking the fifth" means, at least in a general sense? How stupid can one real estate agent be? Seriously, if you feel that is a reasonable explanation (along with the poorly timed unintentional reload minutes before reporting his wife missing), and not something that he later managed to manipulate a scenario to suit the facts, then perhaps its best you excuse yourself from the jury.

Quite the opposite in fact. Whether or not I personally think he did it, as a juror you would need to look at the facts without bias, not go in with your judgement clouded by what has been reported in the media or gossip you have heard in the street. Whether we like it or not everyone is entitled to a fair trial.

If there is a fair and reasonable explanation for an aspect of GBC's behaviour it has to be accepted on its merits. Posts like the ones you are making play right into the defence's favour in proving that a fair trial is impossible due to "biased" media coverage. As a prosecutor I would not be focusing on something that there is a plausible explanation for, it seems like an unnecessary risk (in terms of avoiding reasonable doubt) when there are so many other things that there are no plausible explanation for e.g. fingernail scratches.

Your assessment of a fair and reasonable explanation differs from mine it would seem. I personally dont know any grown adult who does not know what "taking the fifth" means. Perhaps you do know such people, or are one yourself. Regardless, my judgement certainly is not clouded by media reports or gossip I have heard in the street. On the contrary, I discount those things because I have the luxury to do so.

It is not a crucial piece of evidence but part of the whole.

Quite the opposite in fact. Whether or not I personally think he did it, as a juror you would need to look at the facts without bias, not go in with your judgement clouded by what has been reported in the media or gossip you have heard in the street. Whether we like it or not everyone is entitled to a fair trial.

If there is a fair and reasonable explanation for an aspect of GBC's behaviour it has to be accepted on its merits. Posts like the ones you are making play right into the defence's favour in proving that a fair trial is impossible due to "biased" media coverage. As a prosecutor I would not be focusing on something that there is a plausible explanation for, it seems like an unnecessary risk (in terms of avoiding reasonable doubt) when there are so many other things that there are no plausible explanation for e.g. fingernail scratches.

Thanks Aunty, not a rant but a well earned vent, hang in there.x

modsnip>
I was there and I did witness with my own eyes.

1st day, 1st break,
OW runs into court room after all legals leave room.
OW standing at glass GBC standing at glass. She talking non stop, head dipping up and down.yes yes yes.
She lots to say. Very serious and didn't draw breath.
GBC taking nonstop, back at her, his head swaying left and right. No no no.
The prison guards watching, whispering to each other , and watching them. They did not move or do anything to stop them.
Conversation was for a good 10 mins, and a lot discussed. She had a lot to tell him. I was amazed that she got away with it and I have read that she did it again and again.
Great system we are under ... NOT:(

Wish it was a window,not a vent.
Actually No. A vent is good. Thanks.
time has passed , a story told,
and ..... I got to keep my babies by my side.
Nothing compares:) My heart breaks for Allison :( .
And I'll sing a song that I bet she sang too..... It school holidays and I am still able to sing that song hoorrah hoorrah, we are on our way, our summer holidays start today. Giggle giggle
And my daughter smiles at me, cause she loves holidays too.
Happy happy days ahead. :blushing:

Agreed! My heart goes out to you Aunty. Your plight appears so central to this entire matter. The outcome also so very relevant.
Am recently learning about Karma. May not put bread on the table right now. But it seems karma does happen. Even if it takes 20 or 30 years. Try and be strong, and have faith in yourself. And know that Motherhood is a momentous and magical matter. It's tough if you are alone though. But not as tough as living under the same roof as the one you describe. Sounds like a GBC. But unless you have unfortunately experienced that, no-one would understand the true depths of depravities to which one such as this will stoop. And the measures that one such as yourself (and Allison ) have had to resort to in order to survive. I am glad that you are alive to tell your tale.
Sometimes I wish that lawyers such as P Davis would read this site.
And sometimes I wish that I could reach out to you and help in one manner or another. Hang in there sister!

Agreed! My heart goes out to you Aunty. Your plight appears so central to this entire matter. The outcome also so very relevant.
Am recently learning about Karma. May not put bread on the table right now. But it seems karma does happen. Even if it takes 20 or 30 years. Try and be strong, and have faith in yourself. And know that Motherhood is a momentous and magical matter. It's tough if you are alone though. But not as tough as living under the same roof as the one you describe. Sounds like a GBC. But unless you have unfortunately experienced that, no-one would understand the true depths of depravities to which one such as this will stoop. And the measures that one such as yourself (and Allison ) have had to resort to in order to survive. I am glad that you are alive to tell your tale.
Sometimes I wish that lawyers such as P Davis would read this site.
And sometimes I wish that I could reach out to you and help in one manner or another. Hang in there sister!

Sister, that means a lot to me. Tears...
I lost contact with everyone of my friends, and I had many, and was involved in everything, just everything, but because I couldn't bear to share this journey with them. I left and have remained silent. I loved every one of them so much .

He pushed ( physically) me away from everything I was involved in, and took my position. He knew I was leaving him and took over everything that i loved.
It's hard to explain, so much happened. He made a scene and joined all my clubs, pushed me out. Ridiculed me , any way he could. Hid my keys, locked me out , so much and very very bazaar for a normal person to comprehend.
You try to understand it. They are not Normal!!!!

<modsnip>
<modsnip>.
I dreamt about Allison, met her, and in my dream she was healing and in so much pain, but her friends were helping her. She needed her friends by her side. Thats all she wanted.
I had to explain who I was and she said it was OK for me to stay. Though she was puzzled by my need to be with her.
Heart wrenching dream .
<modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members