CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if Dylan is in the lake or not myself. La Plata county sheriff spokesman Dan Bender has minimized HRD dog alerts at the lake by saying that they could be caused by deer or elk.

His reasoning for saying this has me baffled because it just doesn't make sense.

And we have this report saying that there giving up on searching the lake.

And in February a group called K9 Forensics said that they also got HRD dog alerts at Lake Vallecito.

I'm guessing that these dog alerts are valid and they are alerting to human remains in the lake. Is it Dylan? I don't know.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_22063185/sunday-search-launched-missing-boy-laplata-county

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...-suspended-as-lake-sweep-yields-no-clues?lite

http://kdvr.com/2013/02/27/dylan-redwines-family-appears-on-dr-phil-dogs-find-scent-on-lake/

Thank you Ranch.

Funny thing about that "probable cause" warrant. It obviously wasn't served on anyone else in this case when/if they were merely "collecting evidence" to find out what happened to Dylan.
When LE serves a warrant on someone, we really need to pay close attention. No judge is going to sign off on a warrant just for the fun of it. That alone speaks volumes.

True. But since that's where Dylan was last known to be, it makes sense that they would get a warrant to search Mark's home. They would have been remiss if they had not executed a search warrant. They may also have wanted to rule out his house as a crime scene.

Was there a search warrant served when they searched ER's home? I wish someone from the press would try to get details of the search warrants.

I'm a diver. If you guys really believe there is still a chance he is in that lake, I might poooooossibly consider diving there as soon as it warms up, maaaaaayyyybe. No promises.

Can someone please link me everything about this lake as related to Dylan? That would be great bc there are so many posts and threads here to sift through. Thank you....And why hasn't he been found yet if he's there? If someone can pls give me a lowdown on the lake situation (synopsis of the lake searches conducted so far, etc.) that would be great. Thanks.

margarita25

how very nice to offer of yourself!

just as an fyi, the family has a dive team coming in, with boats
'might be the best in the world'

see note on official family page

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...555396767820264.144727.555378941155380&type=1

True. But since that's where Dylan was last known to be, it makes sense that they would get a warrant to search Mark's home. They would have been remiss if they had not executed a search warrant. They may also have wanted to rule out his house as a crime scene.

I think that if we ever get to see the affidavit for the search warrant, we would see something along those lines in it. LE would say that they have determined that Dylan was not a runaway and that they believe that a crime has been committed causing his disappearance. They therefore need to search the last place he was known to be. Mark's house and all vehicles that are there on the his property would need to be searched. MOO.

Unless they're keeping something a big secret, I don't think they will arrest anybody till they figure out what the crime is. To my knowledge, there is no evidence of murder, no proof that he was kidnapped, no proof that he ran away. And if they had found enough forensic evidence in the house or the truck to indicate foul play, then I think they would have done so by now.

I guess they could arrest him on suspicion, but they could only hold him for a few days and then unless they have probable cause to charge him with a crime, they would have to turn him loose. It's 72 hours here in Tx, don't know what the law in CO is, but it could be the same.

Custodial interference or murder IMO would be charges, there are two very good cases for each right here in AZ. One in which the mother is now in prison for custodial interference, they haven't found the boy and aren't sure if he is alive or dead. The other, the mother is going to trial for murder, no body, no evidence, just a statement from one of the kids that they last saw their sister in the closet & that mom used bleach to clean the house. A friend said she drove the mom to throw a suitcase in a dumpster 30 miles away.
IMO, an arrest will come when there is enough evidence to convict. Why start the clock ticking with an arrest when right now LE has the luxury of time?

I think that if we ever get to see the affidavit for the search warrant, we would see something along those lines in it. LE would say that they have determined that Dylan was not a runaway and that they believe that a crime has been committed causing his disappearance. They therefore need to search the last place he was known to be. Mark's house and all vehicles that are there on the his property would need to be searched. MOO.

IMO and from experience, the affidavit would say more than that. Probable cause is needed and detail on the locations to be searched and what the object(s) of the search are. What they find during the search while searching for their specific items is a different matter altogether. i.e. LE can't say they are looking for a gun, then find a knife and say - hey this might be important, let's take it.

Was there a search warrant served when they searched ER's home? I wish someone from the press would try to get details of the search warrants.

IMO we would have heard about it in the press. Just as we heard about the search warrant served on MR. A person can open their home to a search and no warrant is required. Which is exactly what I would do if my child were missing.

IMO we would have heard about it in the press. Just as we heard about the search warrant served on MR. A person can open their home to a search and no warrant is required. Which is exactly what I would do if my child were missing.

I agree. I thought MR opened his home to a search as well but it was said they would need a search warrant to take anything. Didn't they take computers from ERs? I really don't know how all that stuff works.

Would some type of special warrant be needed to take the vehicles? IF LE was just ruling out the possibility of a crime happening by stranger abduction I highly doubt they would have seized the vehicles. Just MOO

IMO and from experience, the affidavit would say more than that. Probable cause is needed and detail on the locations to be searched and what the object(s) of the search are. What they find during the search while searching for their specific items is a different matter altogether. i.e. LE can't say they are looking for a gun, then find a knife and say - hey this might be important, let's take it.

I wasn't trying to put everything that I thought may be in the search warrant affidavit in my post.

But what they could do is say that they want to seize "Any evidence deemed to be of evidentiary value to the relevant case of a missing child, to include, but not limited to DNA, fingerprints, cell phones and evidence of human decomposition." I got that quote from the application for search warrant in the Lisa Irwin case.

http://media2.nbcactionnews.com/NWT/pdf/20111021_irwinwarrant.pdf

Regarding Mark Redwine's home having the warrant served..

Per LE statement after the initial search was done they said this warranted further search which led to their receiving and serving the search warrant on his home..

this IMO stood out to me and I linked the statement questioning what it was that led to it "warranting" a search warrant to be issued and served.. i don't have the link handy, but if its not easily found AND linked I'll search thru my posts AND find and post it when i get home..

Per LE statement after the initial search was done they said this warranted further search which led to their receiving and serving the search warrant on his home..

this IMO stood out to me and I linked the statement questioning what it was that led to it "warranting" a search warrant to be issued and served.. i don't have the link handy, but if its not easily found AND linked I'll search thru my posts AND find and post it when i get home..

Every time I see your posts, I sing in my head: "Smooth Operator....Smoooth...Operator...." :)

Same with Summer Breeze "Summer Breeze, makes me feel fine..." :)

I should've named myself "Margaritaville" haha :)

Phone records...his phone records

separate search warrant ?

All I took that to mean is that LE wanted to collect items to be tested and they would need a warrant in order to do that. I don't take it as meaning that they found incriminating evidence in Mark's home and days later got the search warrant to seize that evidence. MOO.

I agree. I thought MR opened his home to a search as well but it was said they would need a search warrant to take anything. Didn't they take computers from ERs? I really don't know how all that stuff works.

They don't need a search warrent if you give them permission. ER let them take what they needed. I'm in no way saying that MR did not let them do an in-depth search nor did he deny them (LE) the ability to take items, IMO the search at ER's was investigative and the second search at MR's was evidentiary and the need for the warrant was necessary to avoid items being tossed.

I wasn't trying to put everything that I thought may be in the search warrant affidavit in my post.

But what they could do is say that they want to seize "Any evidence deemed to be of evidentiary value to the relevant case of a missing child, to include, but not limited to DNA, fingerprints, cell phones and evidence of human decomposition." I got that quote from the application for search warrant in the Lisa Irwin case.

http://media2.nbcactionnews.com/NWT/pdf/20111021_irwinwarrant.pdf

:floorlaugh: I am sooooo sorry, I thought that what you said was what you thought they would actually put in the warrant (as you wrote it) :floorlaugh: Thanks for the clarification!

They don't need a search warrent if you give them permission. ER let them take what they needed. I'm in no way saying that MR did not let them do an in-depth search nor did he deny them (LE) the ability to take items, IMO the search at ER's was investigative and the second search at MR's was evidentiary and the need for the warrant was necessary to avoid items being tossed.

EXACTLY. With the search in MR's home they had to look ahead to the trial and be very careful about any evidence they took from his home. At ER's home that was not a problem, imo

Does anyone (TIA) have a link for:

Date MR's house was searched?

Earliest date LE determined it "officially" became a criminal investigation?

If MR's house was searched lst & then it was deemed a criminal investigation, what if anything could that mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff