GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #3

Several members of the New Black Panther Party, who attended the hearing, were confronted by Brunswick minister Ken Adkins, who told them to leave town.

"Their message is hate, their message is divide. It is not accountability," said Adkins, who strongly feels the group creates problems wherever it goes.

Minister Mikhail Muhammad told reporters the New Black Panther party offers a voice that is not being heard in Brunswick.

Muhammad questioned the rapid speed to judgement in the case of DE, 17, and DL, 15, who are charged with murder.

"We believe again the quick indictment. Why not wait till all the evidence and facts are presented? Why the rush?" said Muhammad.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/topst...baby-killers-mother-and-sister-remain-in-jail

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation's Savannah crime lab has not completed its analysis of the gun believed to be the murder weapon found in a saltwater pond and a bullet retrieved from Santiago's body.

The saltwater damage to the gun appears to be minimal, Doering said. Police hope to have the results of the investigation within 30 days, though it may take longer since multiple examinations are being completed.

Doering also said he could not comment on whether relatives who have been charged with witness tampering were the ones who lead police to the gun.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/topst...eens-to-be-tried-as-adults-in-toddlers-murder

With the events if the last week, I am embarrassed to say this is my home.

There are good people & bad people everywhere. I am sorry for your community getting bad press. Brunswick is a pretty town.

Here is a video showing the New Black Panther Party at the courthouse. They are speaking out on behalf of the accused. I am still not sure why they are speaking out. There is also a local pastor who is very angry about them being there.

http://www.news4jax.com/Mom-sister-...lling/-/475982/19526724/-/520ott/-/index.html

Also, the video says they found a link between Dl and DE..apparently at one time they attended the same school.

I decided I should not post the link.

New Black Panthers??? Really??? This is just sick!!! So basically, because the accused are black, they are there to support them??? What about the poor little baby?? There is no rush to judgement against these boys! The boys' lawyers have requested a speedy trial! They will have their day in court.

I just hope people realize that this group is NOT there to "help" anyone, but rather to create a divide within the community. I would imagine that the black population in Brunswick are just as outraged as the rest of the community and don't want this group representing them.

This is not a racial issue. This is a horrific crime issue. An innocent baby was murdered in broad daylight in cold blood. LE feels they have their perps and have arrested those who will provide false alibis, obstruct justice and hide murder weapons.

I pray for this community. Whenever I see the NBPs enter the picture-it's NEVER good. I hope they are run out of town!!!

I am glad Minister Adkins told them they needed to leave and that they had no business inserting themselves into this mess. He pretty much told them what you said, Duchess, that they wanted their five minutes in front of the camera at the expense of the community of Brunswick.

Why are they even tolerated? They are a hate group like the KKK. Why treat them like they are anything different? And why were they allowed to intimidate people in front of a polling place and have the charges dismissed?

They will not be "run out of town." They are afforded special protection for their actions. Look away. Nothing to see here.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation's Savannah crime lab has not completed its analysis of the gun believed to be the murder weapon found in a saltwater pond and a bullet retrieved from Santiago's body.

The saltwater damage to the gun appears to be minimal, Doering said. Police hope to have the results of the investigation within 30 days, though it may take longer since multiple examinations are being completed.

Doering also said he could not comment on whether relatives who have been charged with witness tampering were the ones who lead police to the gun.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/topst...eens-to-be-tried-as-adults-in-toddlers-murder
Well, guess I was wrong - its going to take more time to analyze the ballistics. (I still think they have preliminary results back and are keeping those very close to the vest).

Lord I hope calmer heads prevail in this small town and no one else gets hurt.

As for the NBP's "inserting" themselves into this - all I have to say is :puke: They are not wanted nor needed. They will just serve to bat at the hornet's nest.

JMHO

What's the rush? Oh, I don't know, maybe the fact that the suspect is accused of shooting one man and then killing a baby less than 2 weeks later has something to do with the rush.
But by all means, lets leave him on the street.
:furious:

Good grief. I'd be interested in hearing the ME explain how and why someone would tie his hands together prior to picking up a gun and shooting himself in the head. Seems like a lot of unnecessary bother, wouldn't you think?

I'd say. That's extremely bizarre to say the least. Tying hands is going to make it very hard to kill oneself with a gun. Add to that they did not find a gun. What kind of suicide is that?

I'd say. That's extremely bizarre to say the least. Tying hands is going to make it very hard to kill oneself with a gun. Add to that they did not find a gun. What kind of suicide is that?

It's weirder than that, even. His official cause of death was drowning apparently.

Sounds like a suicide that could not have happened as a suicide, but was rather a murder. The gun would've dropped onto the pier or into the water along with him after he shot himself.

Somebody's not on the up and up, here.

Notice how the news caster refers to the Black Panthers as an "activist group".

<modsnip>

I think the newscaster calling the New Black Panthers an "activist group" is being too kind. Like the pastor said, they show up looking for trouble and/or attention.

There is no reason to believe that the perps were taken into custody without enough evidence to do so. The NBP are concerned that the police have acted too quickly? Really? How much more do they need to act? If the police hadn't acted on what they have now, I'd consider it negligent.

Hard to say what news will get most of the attention, Antonio's senseless murder or the cheating scandal in atlanta, 35 educators about to hit the unemployment line.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back