While we are searching.. OT thread.

I just wanted to say what a great asset to Websleuths I think Cubby is.

There are lots of people here who read, and plenty who post theories, but not so many who are willing to make the repeated calls to LE, etc.

I was just reading a post of hers in a thread where she'd been a regular for months - putting a lot of time and effort into trying to solve it - got a computer-killing virus while trying to research this case, a case that later turned out to be a hoax...:banghead:

That would be enough to make many get frustrated and give up on sleuthing, even though it wasn't WS's fault... but she is still here every day, searching and calling and chasing whatever trails might lead to Anna ... true dedication!

I think I speak for the whole Anna crew when I say "Thank you, Cubby!" :clap:

Annasmom, I should know this answer but if you could refresh my memory, have you signed up with ISRR? International Search Reunion Registry.
The fact this is international is pretty cool. Anna could sign up living anywhere.
Www.isrr.com

Annasmom, I should know this answer but if you could refresh my memory, have you signed up with ISRR? International Search Reunion Registry.
The fact this is international is pretty cool. Anna could sign up living anywhere.
Www.isrr.com

Yes, I did, some time ago. Good reminder, however, SideKick.

Just today I received a very long, involved and troubling e-mail from a person who claimed to be the reincarnation of George Waters. I don't know if there's any point in posting the letter here, but I am concerned that I have recently had two telephone calls at home and now this e-mail to my personal account from strangers. I know that people can probably get my contact information if they scour the various search engines, but both these contacts seems to have read the Websleuth forums (but didn't necessarily get the known facts right.) If anybody has advice for me, I'd like to hear it. I absolutely do not want strangers contacting me at home with their various theories and no new information, and I don't want to be inconvenienced by having to change my phone number or internet address. (I am, however, in personal contact with a few of you. You know who you are.)

Annasmom, I'm sorry you are going through this. I don't know what the :censored: is wrong with people that think they can just impose on someone like they have you.

My suggestion would be caller id for the phone, and screen your calls. If you don't recognize the number, do not answer it. Your phone company might also offer call block, where you can block up to 10 individual telephone numbers. It comes in handy as I've had to use it myself. When you get these calls, add the telephone number to call block.

I think, but don't recall 100%, at one time you may have added your email address to one of the threads here at WS. I will look for it, and have the mods delete it if it exists within Anna's subforum.

You also have the option of pressing charges, if you wish, for the unwelcome harrasment.

hth

Just today I received a very long, involved and troubling e-mail from a person who claimed to be the reincarnation of George Waters. I don't know if there's any point in posting the letter here, but I am concerned that I have recently had two telephone calls at home and now this e-mail to my personal account from strangers. I know that people can probably get my contact information if they scour the various search engines, but both these contacts seems to have read the Websleuth forums (but didn't necessarily get the known facts right.) If anybody has advice for me, I'd like to hear it. I absolutely do not want strangers contacting me at home with their various theories and no new information, and I don't want to be inconvenienced by having to change my phone number or internet address. (I am, however, in personal contact with a few of you. You know who you are.)

I'm so sorry you're having to go through that.

I think the person who called may have meant well but just used poor judgement... but this sounds like a weirdo. I'm curious if they said anything about having been "to heaven and back", since the owner of Charley Project just blogged that she received an email like that... someone telling her an MP talked to him or her in heaven or some nonsense... just wondered if it might be the same person...

http://charleyross.wordpress.com/2013/04/01/i-wish-this-as-an-april-fools-joke/

Ok, I looked. The email address is not posted within a post at WS, anywhere in the entire forum. (Not just Anna's forum.)

If it was posted here in the past, it has since been removed, or I am mixing it up with a different persons email and different case.

hth

Last week I received an email from someone stating they were a patient of Evelyn Wanek and how they were upset that she was not alive to defend herself! Silly me, I wrote back just to surprise them stating no one ever thought bad of Evelyn at all, that she is mentioned on the internet in possibly knowing Anna. No response!

I couldn't believe it, I googled the name... A Dr. Sh....... sounds Hindu to me.

Happy Birthday, Annasmom! I hope you have a wonderful birthday and wish I was there to celebrate with you. Enjoy your special day.

:bdscroll:

happy bd annasmom hope you had a good relaxing day and some cake!:bdscroll:

I don't post very often, but I alway follow Annas thread. from the moment I looked at her picture it occurred to me that this child could probably teach me, she has the look of a very old soul and very little could throw her off stride...I can understand why so many people are devoted to her, and I'm in awe of the tireless work and determination they have shown. But how can anyone not be protective of Annasmom. She has opened herself up to question after question, not for months but for years, many of which I'm sure, opened up areas of her life she would have preferred to let rest. Her devotion I find inspirational and fulfills every conceivable notion i have of a tenacious and determined mother in search of her beloved child.

Happy Birthday Annasmom, I hope you have an enjoyable day. and you are surrounded by peace.

I don't post very often, but I alway follow Annas thread. from the moment I looked at her picture it occurred to me that this child could probably teach me, she has the look of a very old soul and very little could throw her off stride...I can understand why so many people are devoted to her, and I'm in awe of the tireless work and determination they have shown. But how can anyone not be protective of Annasmom. She has opened herself up to question after question, not for months but for years, many of which I'm sure, opened up areas of her life she would have preferred to let rest. Her devotion I find inspirational and fulfills every conceivable notion i have of a tenacious and determined mother in search of her beloved child.

Happy Birthday Annasmom, I hope you have an enjoyable day. and you are surrounded by peace.
Thank you so much, Moggie. Yes, you are right about her being an old soul. What a privilege to spend those five years with her.

And a privilege that you are so kind to share her with us, Annasmom. I agree with Moggie, Anna is still teaching us from where ever she is. I've learned so much following this case. While it was not Anna's case which brought me to WS, it is Anna's case which kept me here and taught me of an interest I didn't know I had.

Anna will always have a special place in my heart. While I may not post daily in this forum, a day doesn't go by that I don't think of Anna and all she has taught us...and continue to pray for answers.

I'm honored to be able to participate in knowing Anna and her family here in the WWW.

Happy Birthday, Dr. Doogie!

:bdsurprise:

Thinking of Anna today, wondering what's she's doing? Is she listening to music? Is she riding a horse in the field? Someone took her, how do they live this long without breaking?
I pray that we find answers and hope one day Anna appears. We have covered so many topics and I wonder if we've missed one. Maybe a close to home topic? Maybe she's not far from HMB afterall?
xx

i have a crazy theory what if the person that took her knew nothing about anna being taken from her family what if this person was given anna by the georges they told this women they could no longer care for her and that one of them was dying, and the other one was going overseas and could no longer give her the life she wanted. this family takes in anna and raises her as their own. maybe they are so old school and poor that they dont have access to a tv or news and have no idea after all these years anna was really kidnaped.

this family could be from another country and came to the us and are still living in the dark ages.

or maybe this family knew she was taken but they refuse to tell her.
maybe anna has had recuring memories of her life with her mom stepfather and brothers and this new family has told her time and time again they are just dreams. maybe anna is searching for her family but has nothing solid to go on such as dates or where to look.

what about a while back it was posted about a guy who was breaking in places and a witness contacted someone saying the girl she saw looked like anna whatever happened to that lead was it fully looked at should we look at it again?

so many unanswered questions. could we post something on an adoption website like female born in this year lived in hmb born into a family with a mom and 2 brothers grew up near a farm with her family and step father took vacation on a school bus was taken from her family at the age of 5 loved the song hear comes the sun mention the rooster and other things.

are you a female searching for who you are? are you around this age the age anna would have been are you seeking answers as to who you are do any of do you recognize any of those things that you may have had dreams of but only associated them with dreams then contact *advertiser censored* so we can talk more

i have a crazy theory what if the person that took her knew nothing about anna being taken from her family what if this person was given anna by the georges they told this women they could no longer care for her and that one of them was dying, and the other one was going overseas and could no longer give her the life she wanted. this family takes in anna and raises her as their own. maybe they are so old school and poor that they dont have access to a tv or news and have no idea after all these years anna was really kidnaped.

this family could be from another country and came to the us and are still living in the dark ages.

or maybe this family knew she was taken but they refuse to tell her.
maybe anna has had recuring memories of her life with her mom stepfather and brothers and this new family has told her time and time again they are just dreams. maybe anna is searching for her family but has nothing solid to go on such as dates or where to look.

what about a while back it was posted about a guy who was breaking in places and a witness contacted someone saying the girl she saw looked like anna whatever happened to that lead was it fully looked at should we look at it again?

so many unanswered questions. could we post something on an adoption website like female born in this year lived in hmb born into a family with a mom and 2 brothers grew up near a farm with her family and step father took vacation on a school bus was taken from her family at the age of 5 loved the song hear comes the sun mention the rooster and other things.

are you a female searching for who you are? are you around this age the age anna would have been are you seeking answers as to who you are do any of do you recognize any of those things that you may have had dreams of but only associated them with dreams then contact *advertiser censored* so we can talk more

~ I know they spoke with the girl who thinks she met Anna and was thought there wasn't enough evidence this was Anna and I think the girl may have had some of her own issues at the time, not sure tho... I often think it would be great to speak with her again to see if she still thinks in retrospect it was Anna she saw.

Davis was eliminated by detectives because he was in local jail on the day Anna disappeared.

~ I know they spoke with the girl who thinks she met Anna and was thought there wasn't enough evidence this was Anna and I think the girl may have had some of her own issues at the time, not sure tho... I often think it would be great to speak with her again to see if she still thinks in retrospect it was Anna she saw.

SideKick, SherlockJr and I investigated this very carefully and spoke to her on the telephone a number of times. We were not able to substantiate her story though Sherlock spent a great deal of time in the effort. I can give you details by PM if you like. I don't think we'd learn anything new by talking to her again. I sure wish Sherlock would get back on the forum.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back