KS - Patricia Kimmi, 58, Horton, 6 Nov 2009 - #7, New Arrest 3/12/13

The death of Roger likely has little impact on any prosecution of Rebecca due to spousal privilege. Just as Rebecca ultimately could not testify against Roger due to privilege, Roger would not be able to testify against Rebecca. Eugene Kimmi or any other parties would not be covered by this privilege, but it is likely a blow to prosecutors that he is dead since defense attorneys can't cross-examine a dead man.

Such class shown by the Kimmi family. I don't think I would be as gracious.

I don't think I would have it in me either, Shelby. This family never ceases to amaze me with their class, grace, and dignity. I can only hope that my everyday behavior is half as classy as theirs has been throughout this entire nightmare.

im local and just watched the news havent found a link yet ...WIBW tv just reported that a 3rd arrest was imminent...That cause of death was natural causes and REB H was informed right before court. MODS if I need a link for all this please delete im sure it wont be long beore 1 exists

I wonder if ReHo knows enough to sink EK.

I sure hope that she does and that she sings like a canary!!!

Too bad that RoHo didn't tell his story before he passed. He had said he would so many times, though, that it probably was never going to happen.

I sure hope that she does and that she sings like a canary!!!

Too bad that RoHo didn't tell his story before he passed. He had said he would so many times, though, that it probably was never going to happen.
Perhaps he left a little something in writing in case something was to happen to him, as a hedge, and that little something might now turn up. One can hope!

Thought maybe there would be more detail about RoHo's death today . . . .

I hope the bump in the road is only minor.

The leverage that Kuckelman had was ReHo to get RoHo to talk about EK. With him gone she might talk, but who knows, she lies.

With her arrested and facing charges there was an incentive for RoHo to tell more about Eugene's involvement and possibly get an arrest to stick.

ReHo's defense is asking for the charges to be dismissed. Apparently, Lippert gave her immunity to testify against RoHo.

Let me find a link.
http://cjonline.com/news/2013-03-31/rebecca-hollisters-attorneys-file-motion-dismiss

The motion to dismiss was filed Friday, said Kelly Trussell, of Kauffman and Eye, the firm representing Rebecca Hollister.
“On March 2, 2010, Nemaha County Attorney Brad Lippert granted Rebecca Hollister immunity by signing two different immunity agreements,” Trussell said.
“However, on March 12, 2013, Mr. Lippert filed his criminal case against her, which is based upon the testimony that she gave as part of her immunity agreement. Our motion provides the court with copies of Mrs. Hollister’s immunity agreements and requests that the criminal case be dismissed because the law does not allow a prosecutor to obtain testimony under the promise of immunity and then turn around and file charges against the witness.”

It looks like the prosecution has shot themselves in the foot, so to speak, IMO.

Anything newer than this??

ReHo's defense is asking for the charges to be dismissed. Apparently, Lippert gave her immunity to testify against RoHo.

Let me find a link.
http://cjonline.com/news/2013-03-31/rebecca-hollisters-attorneys-file-motion-dismiss

The motion to dismiss was filed Friday, said Kelly Trussell, of Kauffman and Eye, the firm representing Rebecca Hollister.
“On March 2, 2010, Nemaha County Attorney Brad Lippert granted Rebecca Hollister immunity by signing two different immunity agreements,” Trussell said.
“However, on March 12, 2013, Mr. Lippert filed his criminal case against her, which is based upon the testimony that she gave as part of her immunity agreement. Our motion provides the court with copies of Mrs. Hollister’s immunity agreements and requests that the criminal case be dismissed because the law does not allow a prosecutor to obtain testimony under the promise of immunity and then turn around and file charges against the witness.”

It looks like the prosecution has shot themselves in the foot, so to speak, IMO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrnkKrcher
Back