long weekend break: discuss the latest here #114

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that water dripping down his face and not the shower door? It follows the contours of his face almost exactly. If it were the door, it would run straight down due to gravity. Imo. But agree with much of what you say, such as being done with the shower pics and eager to hear "The jury finds the defendant Guilty." :)

I am sorry but on my computer I can see water spots on the shower door as well as water running down the door. We each see what we see. Best to
leave it at that, I will never know for sure and just have to leave it alone.

In case peeps are interested:

Survey: Results Suggest Neither Acquittal Nor Death Likely in Jodi Arias Murder Trial (Tanya Young Williams)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tanya-young-williams/post_4575_b_2979512.html

or

The complete survey results can be seen at: www.TanyaYoungWilliams.com

"My goal was to attract 1000 respondents to establish a credible level of confidence in the accuracy of the results. However, after one day of people sharing the links via social media and the Huffpost article, the numbers began to swell at a rate of 100 respondents per hour. The survey was available online for 3 ½ days and over 3500 people responded. The data is not scientific per se, but the results are nonetheless compelling and interesting.

At least 89% of survey respondents actually watch the trial, and 86% of respondents are very familiar with the facts of the case. The answers suggest that 95% of respondents believe that the killing was premeditated, yet, interestingly, 21% of respondents think that the killing was a "crime of passion". The 21% percent is telling because a "crime of passion" defense could have led to a voluntary manslaughter conviction which carries far less time than first degree or second degree murder."

If only Jodi Arias was a 300 lb black guy, then justice would be served.

What I'm super curious about is how Nurmi got whatever info he did. Did he use the whole photo business as a set up to be able to talk to jurors individually and ask leading questions in order to do a little weeding?

JA does not like DD's Katy because Katy is everything that JA is not. She is pretty, smart, has a future, and had the nerve to have her pic taken with her arch enemy, Juan. Is tricolor attractive and seems personable, thus gaining attention from other jurors and court watchers?

Yes trial teams are told to AVOID jurors at all costs. You can't communicate with them at all. One trial I went to we waited for another elevator because we saw one juror get on. Our whole team just stood in the hall and let the elevator go.

Yep, I knew we were not suppose to communicate with the accused or any of the defense or prosecutor or witnesses. I didn't notice who was in the elevator until I jumped in and hit the close door button.

Ok coming out of the fognesia of last thurs and watching Laviolette again I'm convinced that she too, like Samuels, has been watching the trial. Her memory of details of the extenuating circumstances brought up in trial is too keen. Like that she knew Jodi wore Sky Hughes dress. Why would she remember this specific fact independently...vs just she borrowed someone's dress. But that came out in trial. I think she's been watching all the testimony.

Hi, friends!
I missed all of last week! (I had a work deadline, dang it.) I'm trying to get caught up on youtube.
What's this prosecutorial misconduct nonsense? The DT must've had a bad week if they're attempting this desperate move again.
Looking forward to jumping back in with you wonderful WS'ers!

JA does not like DD's Katy because Katy is everything that JA is not. She is pretty, smart, has a future, and had the nerve to have her pic taken with her arch enemy, Juan. Is tricolor attractive and seems personable, thus gaining attention from other jurors and court watchers?

I was just thinking that. Tri color is probably the youngest female juror. The most attractive I'd say and definitely stands out. I think they want her off cuz of her copious notes though. Jodi's motives would be more superficial as you say.

I would think JA would want to park as close as possible to house/appartment/townhouse. Just further to carry clean up stuff no?

Good point, however I don't think things played out they way that she had imagined. The crime and the scene were messier than she thought it would be and there was a lot for her to clean up. She may have parked away from the house initially and then moved the rental car into the driveway.

That time period from the shower forward is just beyond my comprehension I have a hard time trying to comprehend everything that had to happen because it is too gruesome. For the rental car to be missing all floor mats and have "kool aid" stains on the seats means that the car was a mess too from all of the blood. One can only imagine that JA had to be covered in blood at one point.

Horrible, just horrible in the true sense of the word.

RIP, Travis. May your family find peace some day.

In the interrogation tapes JA says she arrived at 3 am, changes it to 4 am in testimony. I wonder why?
IMO

To match the computer forensics?

To cover for spying on Travis outside the window for an hour before entering?

Just spit balling . . .

I swear I read somewhere that one of the roommates was driving a white car as well - so if she did park in the driveway maybe no one would have noticed?
IIRC - the other roommate's girlfriend had a white car, but he was housesitting for her parents while they were on a cruise.

Ok coming out of the fognesia of last thurs and watching Laviolette again I'm convinced that she too, like Samuels, has been watching the trial. Her memory of details of the extenuating circumstances brought up in trial is too keen. Like that she knew Jodi wore Sky Hughes dress. Why would she remember this specific fact independently...vs just she borrowed someone's dress. But that came out in trial. I think she's been watching all the testimony.
Katiecoo,
Did you get a chance to read the twett?? IT'S SUCH GOOD NEWS!!
It got overlooked yesterday because of the mistrial circus.

http://www./show/n_1rjf5h9

In part:

Defendant contends some of Ms. LaViolette’s notes should not be disclosed because they
constitute work product. See Rule 15.4(b)(1), Ariz.R.Crim.P. The work product doctrine is not
absolute and is waived if the party elects to present the expert as a witness. State ex rel. Corbin v.
Ybarra, 161 Ariz. 188, 193, 777 P.2d 686, 691 (1989). As noted, the defendant has noticed her
intention to call Ms. LaViolette as an expert witness in the guilt phase. She has therefore waived
the work product privilege and her right against self-incrimination with respect to work prepared
by Ms. LaViolette. See State v. Sucharew, 205 Ariz. 16, 22, 66 P.3d 59, 65 (App. 2003).
The court finds the defendant failed to establish providing Ms. LaViolette’s notes violate
her rights under the 5th, 6th, 8th and 14th Amendments of the United States Constitution or Art.
2 §§ 4, 15, 23 and 24 of the Arizona Constitution.

If only Jodi Arias was a 300 lb black guy, then justice would be served.

:truce: Since you seem to be an expert on guns I would like to hear your thoughts about Jodi's version of the gun shot. According to her the shot was fired as Travis was lunging(cough) toward her which she claims happened near the shower and Travis was coming out of the closet. Does the scene, blood or lack of blood in that area and location that the bullet was found support her claim?

Katiecoo,
Did you get a chance to read the twett?? IT'S SUCH GOOD NEWS!!
It got overlooked yesterday because of the mistrial circus.

http://www./show/n_1rjf5h9

In part:

Defendant contends some of Ms. LaViolette’s notes should not be disclosed because they
constitute work product. See Rule 15.4(b)(1), Ariz.R.Crim.P. The work product doctrine is not
absolute and is waived if the party elects to present the expert as a witness. State ex rel. Corbin v.
Ybarra, 161 Ariz. 188, 193, 777 P.2d 686, 691 (1989). As noted, the defendant has noticed her
intention to call Ms. LaViolette as an expert witness in the guilt phase. She has therefore waived
the work product privilege and her right against self-incrimination with respect to work prepared
by Ms. LaViolette. See State v. Sucharew, 205 Ariz. 16, 22, 66 P.3d 59, 65 (App. 2003).
The court finds the defendant failed to establish providing Ms. LaViolette’s notes violate
her rights under the 5th, 6th, 8th and 14th Amendments of the United States Constitution or Art.
2 §§ 4, 15, 23 and 24 of the Arizona Constitution.

No coffee yet so something in her notes they were trying to protect and now it's fair game?

Provided the time stamp was correct. The camera was new out of the box. The time stamp could have been wrong or Jodi could have set it wrong. This would lead to further premeditation. That way if she was spotted, she could say there is no way it was me, I was there earlier in the day. She would claim she left way before the roommate got there. If the time stamp was wrong, she would have had more time to clean up.

That makes sense. And would indicate further premeditation. But I'm curious about a statement I saw claiming a camera's internal time stamp is set at the factory and not changeable by the user. I don't how that's possible since we can obviously set a date and time. Will try to check it out and see which applies to the Sony DSC-H9.

She is so toast, though. Detective Flores told her he's never had a case with so much evidence, that he's convicted people on far less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.