Regroup/Refocus for 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another interesting article. A civil war naval ship sank in 1862. Two victims were discovered. The first was discovered in 2002. They were able to succesfully obtain dna from both victims, despite their being in the ocean for well over 100 years.

Articles indicate dna was obtained from both a leg bone and the victims teeth.

Warning graphic images (skeletal remains) at link:

http://www.civilwarnews.com/archive/articles/2011/may/monitorcrew-051102.html

This is the first I have seen with regards to succesfully obtaining dna on remains which have been submerged in the ocean for many years. In this case well over 100 years.

In the event the speciman found on the beach in San Mateo county in 2006 had been submerged in water for any length of time, this article indicates dna can still be succesfully obtained.

Happy Birthday Dr. Doogie!

:bdscroll::bdsong::party:

Does anyone remember a site that had a forum or something regarding Zim's? Someone from here posted on it and got a reply from someone who knew GW.

I can no longer find that. Was it on FB?

I found the site info, but it was Dr. Doogie who made contact. I'll see if I can find it again.

Correction. It looks like there is different info found on Zims. Years ago I had found information from a photographer? That had a blog about memories of Zims. It was this person whom Dr. Doogie contacted and he didn't remember the two George's.

SideKick had found a FB page for Zims and made contact with someone who recalled GW.

Here is a direct link to the post where SideKick mentions that FB page for Zims.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Searching for Seka

HTH. If this is not what you were refering to let me know and I will see what else I can find.

I found the site info, but it was Dr. Doogie who made contact. I'll see if I can find it again.

Correction. It looks like there is different info found on Zims. Years ago I had found information from a photographer? That had a blog about memories of Zims. It was this person whom Dr. Doogie contacted and he didn't remember the two George's.

SideKick had found a FB page for Zims and made contact with someone who recalled GW.

Here is a direct link to the post where SideKick mentions that FB page for Zims.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Searching for Seka

HTH. If this is not what you were refering to let me know and I will see what else I can find.

Yes, the FB post by Sidekick was it... I searched Zim's on FB last night and nothing came up so I thought maybe I was confused. I wanted to see if it was still an active page, if maybe we should post again since it had been awhile. I think the page may be gone :(

Hope this doesnt post twice, I lost my reply post about Zim's. The FB group is still active, my posts are still there about G Waters. I can repost tomorrow, not a bad idea.

Hope this doesnt post twice, I lost my reply post about Zim's. The FB group is still active, my posts are still there about G Waters. I can repost tomorrow, not a bad idea.

Can you post the link to the Zims FB group here, SK? thanks!

Today's Sunday paper carried an article titled "Come and Get It - If It's Really Yours" about the millions of items being held by the State of California in unclaimed property.

I haven't been involved at all in the many, many threads about Anna, but read quite a bit of them. The first thing I thought of when reading the article this morning is Anna. The unclaimed property discussed in the article includes the contents of abandoned safe deposit boxes.

There are a few pictures included; the one in particular that struck me was the last one in the article's photo gallery. The contents of the box are laid out in a shadow box display. There is one very large panoramic photograph that appears to have been taken in the 30s or 40s of a school maybe, some very small photos of a man which can not really be seen well, some documents that appear to be stock certificates and in the bottom right hand corner is a key which, at a quick glance, looks a lot like the mystery key I read about on this thread some time ago.

Its worth one of you who are intimately familiar with this case to go look at. Maybe its another avenue to pursue in regards to the mystery safe deposit box as well? I know that Anna'sMom won't have a legal claim to the contents, but you never know until you try, right?

Link to article here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/12/30/5080900/come-and-get-it-if-its-really.html

Today's Sunday paper carried an article titled "Come and Get It - If It's Really Yours" about the millions of items being held by the State of California in unclaimed property.

I haven't been involved at all in the many, many threads about Anna, but read quite a bit of them. The first thing I thought of when reading the article this morning is Anna. The unclaimed property discussed in the article includes the contents of abandoned safe deposit boxes.

There are a few pictures included; the one in particular that struck me was the last one in the article's photo gallery. The contents of the box are laid out in a shadow box display. There is one very large panoramic photograph that appears to have been taken in the 30s or 40s of a school maybe, some very small photos of a man which can not really be seen well, some documents that appear to be stock certificates and in the bottom right hand corner is a key which, at a quick glance, looks a lot like the mystery key I read about on this thread some time ago.

Its worth one of you who are intimately familiar with this case to go look at. Maybe its another avenue to pursue in regards to the mystery safe deposit box as well? I know that Anna'sMom won't have a legal claim to the contents, but you never know until you try, right?

Link to article here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/12/30/5080900/come-and-get-it-if-its-really.html
Thanks for the link, Garv. I looked at the shadow box you mentioned, but the rounded keys are not really like the flat safe deposit box keys we assume belonged to Waters and Brody's boxes. Waters' was opened at the time of his death and contained only the newspaper story about Anna's disappearance and a letter from Joe Ford. Dr. Doogie was told that Brody's box in Oakland had nothing but money in it, or at least that was all the bank turned over to the state. If an heir of Brody's could be found, of course, that rather large sum could be claimed by them, but we have not found anybody related to him. Thanks for the thoughts and thanks for your interest because we need new thoughts and ideas at this point!

Thanks for the link, Garv. I looked at the shadow box you mentioned, but the rounded keys are not really like the flat safe deposit box keys we assume belonged to Waters and Brody's boxes. Waters' was opened at the time of his death and contained only the newspaper story about Anna's disappearance and a letter from Joe Ford. Dr. Doogie was told that Brody's box in Oakland had nothing but money in it, or at least that was all the bank turned over to the state. If an heir of Brody's could be found, of course, that rather large sum could be claimed by them, but we have not found anybody related to him. Thanks for the thoughts and thanks for your interest because we need new thoughts and ideas at this point!

Would it be of help at this point to run an add in a paper or Craig's list to inform someone that the money is unclaimed and they are looking for his heir's to come forward???? You don't have to say why you are looking for them, only that the money was in this safe deposit box and was turned over? Could the FBI or some other agency in charge of Anna's case do this to see if they get hits?

Would it be of help at this point to run an add in a paper or Craig's list to inform someone that the money is unclaimed and they are looking for his heir's to come forward???? You don't have to say why you are looking for them, only that the money was in this safe deposit box and was turned over? Could the FBI or some other agency in charge of Anna's case do this to see if they get hits?
I think that's a great idea. I doubt whether we could convince any authorities to help in this, however; we're very low on their priorities right now. Any volunteers to do the Craig's List ad?

will be away from the internet till the 12 i am leaving in a few hours to the airport to catch a flight to California will be in the bakersfield area for a few days then long beach for the day night leaving for a cruse on the 7th wish i was going to be near half moon bay i could have done some research but time will not permit me to make a trip up to hmb

Thinking of Anna this morning on the 40th anniversary of her disappearance.

I went to Mass this morning and prayed for resolution in this case.

Anna we're still looking for you and won't give up until we have those answers we seek.

:praying: :rose:

Thinking of Anna this morning on the 40th anniversary of her disappearance.

I went to Mass this morning and prayed for resolution in this case.

Anna we're still looking for you and won't give up until we have those answers we seek.

:praying: :rose:

:praying:

I too am thinking of Anna today, praying to find answers in the mysterious disappearance of a little girl with curly blonde hair, zip for life, and loved The Beatles. Perhaps, 'Here Comes The Sun' will bring her home.

x

No social media thread so I am putting it here..

Today I made a quick Anna Water's plaque for Facebook where everyone shares it to get the news out. This would be called a re focus on getting her information out? :)

See attached.
SK

Attachments

• AnnaFBPortrait.jpg
    AnnaFBPortrait.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 24
I suggested people share world wide and opened it up to 'Public' to see.

Finger's Crossed!!! x x

I realized I had the wrong age progression photo so I did it again. It's now on Facebook ready to share world wide.

SK

Attachments

• AnnaFBPortrait.JPG
    AnnaFBPortrait.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 32
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online