trial day 39: the defense continues its case in chief #117

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have said that in a past post ; Jodi the female version of Ted Bundy. ;)

Jim Clementi, an FBI profiler is on a show on HLN. He says JA is the same as Ted Bundy.

Jodi is a thief, imho, and she's been doing it for a long time. (ever have extended family members that have to be watched closely if they are around?) ....I'm willing to bet she steals cash and medicine...grandparents?, dad's? ....the eyes look straight ahead, one hand distracting while the other hand is stealing. (The moment they walk in the house, they are scoping it out.) Yep, I have seen that before and Jodi looks/acts just like 'em.

I think there was a very good reason her parents didn't want her in their house when she came back from Arizona. Well, probably a lot of good reasons. Her poor grandparents probably didn't think their baby grand daughter would steal from them.

But Ted Bundy used an insanity defense when on trial for the murder of Kimberly Leach?? He wasn't insane.

During the 48 Hours interview Maureen Mahar said that her attorneys were going to have her tested for insanity.
Obviously, it didn't pass the sniff test, since the defense is not trying to claim it.

What is her "schtick" everyone steels knives and brings drugs in and hides pot in the prison mattress..

Jodi smuggles little pencils and pens?

Jim Clementi, an FBI profiler is on a show on HLN. He says JA is the same as Ted Bundy.

YES! right down to driving thousands and thousands of miles - same as Bundy did!!

I'm sure she thought about it, but realized that she would carry the title of "Certified Crazy Person" with her for the rest of her life. That would just be too damaging to her ego. In her delusional reasoning, self-defense gave her righteousness and justification and even sympathy.

The title she carries now, and most likely will carry forever is not any better, though...
Right - how did she describe it? She'd be locked up in a padded cell.......................lol

:floorlaugh:
I was thinking about "That Girl"

coloringbook1.jpg

Oh, now that's running in my head. :floorlaugh: I will not get that out tonight. Thanks bunches!

Diamonds, Daisies, Snowflakes,
That Girl
Chestnuts, Rainbows, Springtime...
Is That Girl
She's tinsel on a tree...
She's everything that every girl should be!

Oh my lord, I'm losin' it. Thanks, Alyce! I guess my power differential has been neutralized by early 70's feminism!

Anyone listening to HLN? All the disciplinary actions against JA over the years? She definitely as an issue about things in twos.

MOO

That explains why she went loaded with a knife and a gun...got have two murder weapons as well to satisfy that OCD thing.

During the 48 Hours interview Maureen Mahar said that her attorneys were going to have her tested for insanity.
Obviously, it didn't pass the sniff test, since the defense is not trying to claim it.
She even fought them taking the IQ test!!

I think there was a very good reason her parents didn't want her in their house when she came back from Arizona. Well, probably a lot of good reasons. Her poor grandparents probably didn't think their baby grand daughter would steal from them.

Yep, just like there are lots of reasons why she left the house so young. I think Mom's meltdown on the latest video is just the tip of the iceberg.

The only thing that JA and Ted Bundy had in common was that they were converted (god knows why) into the Mormon church. JA was no Ted Bundy, no way, now how. Read The Stranger Beside Me by Ann Rule.

was working but watching replay now. Did yall see jodi cracking up when it was mentioned someone was (Deanna) on "crack". She could not contain herself. She is highly amused!!!

I am disgusted at how jovial she is!

This one almost was the cause of me choking on my sweet tea. My boyfriend,
who is quite sick of the whole thing was sitting there and:floorlaugh: I didn't even realize he was watching until he said...."look at her sitting there smirking... I'd like to smack that smirk off of her smug little face" lol

JW needs to stop laughing in court.

She comes off as so unprofessional with all the smirking. I'm sure the jury notices the difference between her demeanor and Juan's. He is so serious and professional and she is the complete opposite.

Ted Bundy diagnosis:

ASPD, especially factor 1 psychopathy, is that it is very difficult to treat. Treatment has shown to be effective in the average criminal, however not with psychopaths, such as Bundy. There is actually a chance that psychopaths who are high factor 1 may get worse with treatment because instead of learning about themselves, they learn more about others and use that information.

As with treating any personality disorder, getting the person into therapy and keeping them involved is very difficult. Most individuals, including Bundy, have no interest in changing their behavior. It is also difficult because high factor 1s are so deceitful and manipulative it is hard to believe anything they say.

It is very unlikely that cognitive therapy will be effective, especially with someone like Ted Bundy. The most effective tool possible is prevention. It is very important to prevent children misbehaving and intervene any behavioral problems at an early age.

Jodi seems to be experienced in the art of looting and stealing. Now, the cameras catch it.

After reading her prison disciplinary record, I have to admit bring a little giddy at the prospect of her being kept under lock and key closely scrutinized 24/7 for a VERY long time. It is, after all, not a group of gossipy nice ladies who sip tea and lunch. Jodi's not the bad-*advertiser censored* she pretends, but the prison is bursting at the seams with bad asses.

I dunno... I wouldn't want to run into her in a confined space. She strikes me as singularly dangerous. There may be more dangerous folk in the big house, but she is hardly a wilting violet.

I have a question regarding Darryl. JA started dating him in 2002. If she's so wackodoodled how was she able to seem normal from 2002 to 2006? Did he just not notice? I don't get it.

It certainly seems like these psychopaths are able to adapt themselves to the environment that they are in. Look at Casey Anthony... most of her boyfriends thought she was great too. They tell you what they know you want to hear. That's what makes them so scary. They are wolves in sheeps clothing. However, I'm sure if you spend enough time with them, eventually they start to show their true colors.

Let's also not forget that we don't know Darryl. No offense to him, I have no clue what he's like. But he could be a little weird too. Maybe he likes weird chics. He did say he noticed changes in her in 2006... maybe the rose colored glasses from all the sex and fun was wearing off and he was starting to see the real Jodi.

JW needs to stop laughing in court.

I agree, I was completely disgusted after a sidebar objection about some journal entry or email or something, JW is literally giggling out as she begins to ask the question she must have been allowed to ask. The giggles are apparently contagious because ALV also begins to giggle. Of all horrid things, its a question about TA threatening suicide.

I just don't get how JW can be so ridiculously unprofessional in that manner. She makes Nurmi look good in some regards. JW's demeanor does not create a connection or an emotional response in the jurors to sympathize with JA, IMO, because JW has levity in her tone at almost all times (when she is not snarkin back in frustration to an objection by JM).

I can tell if JW was allowed to continue her line of questioning or not after a sidebar based on her inappropriate attitude when she returns to the questioning. She is either so elated she "won" and can't contain herself and smiles and giggles or she has a sore-loser face on when she "loses". I guess perhaps to be a defense attorney you must thrive on "winning" and being the "winner" or getting your client off because I'm just guessing but it seems like a lot of the people they are defending are likely guilty so I can't see the joy in keeping a guilty person on the street. It must, often, be about "winning" or "beating" the prosecution. I can see prosecutors also having this competitive drive but I also see how getting maximum penalties for the offenders in your city and justice for families and victims would be rewarding too. I dunno, I don't have any attorney experience I am just going by what I think, could be completely incorrect. But I do know that JW's giggling and tone are incredibly off-putting to me, and I hope they are off-putting to the jurors. I have seen good defense attorneys that make you feel something or at least make you feel like they understand the severity of the charges and the crime.

Moo :moo::moo:

She comes off as so unprofessional with all the smirking. I'm sure the jury notices the difference between her demeanor and Juan's. He is so serious and professional and she is the complete opposite.

Seconded, thirded fourthded, fifthded. I try to restrain myself but blow a gasket every time she does it now. Of course, now I can insulate myself by thinking of Marlo Thomas or Mary Tyler Moore, at which time a nice perky little tune from my youth will distract me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks