trial day 39: the defense continues its case in chief #117

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adding to your post katiedid !

Aha ... Miss Arias has NOT been the "model" :jail: that everyone thinks she is ... Surprise Surprise :floorlaugh:

She was HIDING PENS in shampoo bottles !

OMG ... she really has a thing for "pens" -- I think that since she can't have a "knife" in prison, this is her "substitute" for knives !

She had in her possession:

2 bottles of "unauthorized" anti-fungal cream

2 bottles of "unauthorized" acne cream

2 bottles of something else unauthorized ...

Not surprised at all by her behavior !

:seeya:

BBM

She loves pens, the letter 'I', and a combination of the two.:floorlaugh:

It's very telling that the defense has not had Jodi examined by a top notch psychiatrist. Or at least if they have they haven't called one to testify in the case in chief. Perhaps in the penalty phase when jurors might see severe mental illness as a mitigating factor and spare her life?

The only thing that JA and Ted Bundy had in common was that they were converted (god knows why) into the Mormon church. JA was no Ted Bundy, no way, now how. Read The Stranger Beside Me by Ann Rule.

Disagree. The difference is she was caught after killing her first victim. I've no doubt if she is diagnosed as a socio/psychopath and released that she'll kill again as there is no cure for that disorder.

Ok... let's agree to disagree. :)

What mental diagnosis does Jodi not have? We have dissected Jodi as a microbiologist would dissect a cell.

I just had that feeling awhile back and today I threw in the bipolar because of the sweet-rage as her father said. I have a very good friend who is bipolar and that is one of the ways they are. Nice one nanosecond, then flips to rage.

And, no, Jodi can never ever let out, she will kill again. Next time, maybe she wouldn't be so sloppy.

I'm not so sure she hasn't done it already, to tell you the truth.

Ok... let's agree to disagree. :)

What mental diagnosis does Jodi not have? We have dissected Jodi as a microbiologist would dissect a cell.

Well, Alyce says she's not an abuser, so there's that.

Right - how did she describe it? She'd be locked up in a padded cell.......................lol

"....naked...." or "stripped"...?
iirc...she actually said that! Thank you--I forgot about that. The tone of voice she used when she said it creeped me out too...

Dagnabbit...where the heck is that footage/verbiage....??!

I wonder if Jean Casarez is worried about juror 5 - Afterall, JC is responsible for getting her kicked off the jury...MOO

Maybe she's too crazy to think she's crazy?She thinks everyone else is the crazy one!

I don't think so. She is so arrogant that she feels superior to everyone. She is confident that she can manipulate anyone and everyone because she has gotten away with it for so long. It happens all the time with personality disordered folks. It happens in the workplace all the time.

I read an awesome study on a main difference between psychopathic corporate execs were separated by criminal psychopaths by circumstances only. In other words, some get lucky enough to make it legitimately, and others....notsomuch.

The only thing that JA and Ted Bundy had in common was that they were converted (god knows why) into the Mormon church. JA was no Ted Bundy, no way, now how. Read The Stranger Beside Me by Ann Rule.

Yes. He was also a Methodist Youth Minister and near the end of his life he converted to Hinduism.

He joined the Mormons for the same reason Jodi did. Lots and lots of naive, trusting victims.

Sorry if already posted, but Dads is up as well...on the right side...same link...

I watched them both. I checked out David Lohr to see if he had posted the complete videos, but he had not. I would like to see the complete uncut versions to get a better flavor of Ma and Pa Arias.

No, that was Jeffrey Dahmer.

Ted Bundy was a charmer and wanted to defend himself for his charges (like Jodi).

He was a serial killer. He even had a "fanclub" of women drooling over him and female jurors flirting with him.

I just repeated what they said. I actually do not have much info on Ted Bundy. I did not follow that case at all. Is he the guy that ate his victims?

Remember Flores' report, regarding how LE had the defendant under surveillance and spotted a woman believed to be the defendant's mom visiting and giving her a big hug.

Remember Flores' report, how .25 caliber ammo was found at the home of the defendant's.

Remember how Travis told the defendant she was just like her mom.

And didn't her mom rent the last rental car for her? IMO she wasn't going camping, she was looking for her next victim. She tasted blood once and she liked it. I agree with the poster who felt that MM may have been next because he knew too much.

It's very telling that the defense has not had Jodi examined by a top notch psychiatrist. Or at least if they have they haven't called one to testify in the case in chief. Perhaps in the penalty phase when jurors might see severe mental illness as a mitigating factor and spare her life?

You might be right on mitigation, but even these two "experts" know very well that she has got flashing red lights all over the place for serious disorders. I think JA has obstructed and will continue to obstruct any attempt to diagnose her. She doesn't believe there's anything wrong with her. I think she really imagines she can will us all into accepting her reality.
:cow:

Both parents tapes are on the HLN website but the mom's is a little over a minute and the dad's is short and has been edited. I have no clue how long they actually were. First words from dad, "She's a strange person." What parent would say that?

A parent who tried their hardest but knows in their heart of heart that their eldest child is strange as opposed to normal and highly functioning. A parent who is honest enough to look at and see their child as others do rather than to hide in the denial place. I also think a parent who isn't completely surprised that they're at the police station speaking with a homicide detective about the daughter they've lived in fear of for the past decade.

What is her "schtick" everyone steels knives and brings drugs in and hides pot in the prison mattress..

Jodi smuggles little pencils and pens?

Then she stabs you 29 times and shoots you in the face. That's her "schtick".

JA is just evil. Not insane, not mental, just plain evil. Very scary "unusual person".

I might be a little jaded*, but when I watched the clip released of her Mom's interview tonight, I didn't buy what she was selling. It didn't seem like real, raw, emotion. It looked fake to me.

*Disclaimer...another trial and another mother may have made me a little (lot) skeptical. I bought that act on the stand...hook..line..and sinker. :furious:

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members