trial day 39: the defense continues its case in chief #117

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why she bought it at all. What did she need it for? Either she was planning to be invited to Cancun or getting lost in the desert after the heinous crime.

ETA... If Jodi really had the flat tires in the rental cars, the car company would have a record of it.

I think the invitation was the objective (add in dumping Mimi Hall). I went back and listened to Mimi Hall - it was early May when TA asked her to go and a couple of days later she agreed. Would be interesting to know if JA was originally listed on associated paperwork and if Mimi was inserted for sure. Gotta be something to show JA had reason to be upset about the pending trip.

BBM~ My opinions change on an hourly basis, so no. lol

BBM
In an ideal world maybe. In reality, they've all formed opinions already about guilt. They may not be fully formed opinions, but you'd have to be a robot not to have a feeling one way or the other at this point.

I'm not saying #5 was justified in whatever she did and we don't even know if forming an opinion was why she was dismissed.

But on that note....if you were a juror and you formed an opinion before deliberations, would you turn yourself in?

Any idea what the defense will make of those videos of her parents?
When Flores told Jodie that her parents knew and weren't surprised. She quickly responded with a story, that she told them her name was thrown out there.

BBM~ Most sociopaths do. Ted Bundy did. ;)

However, this is neat reading. (not sure how accurate it is but, does sound Jodi-esk)

Disorganized types (Sociopaths) are often of low intelligence, have a below average IQ (80-95), and commit their crimes impulsively. Whereas the organized killer will specifically set out to hunt a victim, the disorganized will murder someone when the opportunity arises, rarely bothering to dispose of the body but instead just leaving it at the same place in which they found the victim. They usually carry out “blitz” attacks, leaping out and attacking their victims without warning, and will typically perform whatever rituals they feel compelled to carry out (e.g., necrophilia, mutilation, cannibalism, etc.) once the victim is dead. They rarely bother to cover their tracks but may still evade capture for some time because of a level of cunning that compels them to keep on the move. They are often socially inadequate with few friends, and they may have a history of mental problems and be regarded by acquaintances as eccentric or even “a bit creepy.” They have little insight into their crimes and may even block out the memories of the killings. :what: Is this ringing Dr. $ ?

Block out the memories!?!? He!! no... I believe Arias loves reminiscing about her crime(s).

But we do know, this is not the first time the juror has been flagged in the court room.
In court records, we found a transcript of a phone call made to Judge Sherry Stephen’s division phone at 8:36 a.m. on February 23.
According to the transcript, the caller claims there are reports that the juror needs to be watched.
“The one with multi-colored hair is attempting to coach Arias from the jury box. She shakes her head no, no, no to tell Jodi not to answer a question,” the caller alleged in the message on Stephens' voicemail.
The caller then asks the judge if the alleged actions are permissible and if it should be looked into.
The caller continues on to say that “it’s the woman with pink and blue hair and she’s trying to coach Arias, trying to influence Arias’ answers from the jury…”
This complaint was not mentioned in the motion that was filed by Arias' team on Sunday, but involves the same juror.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...used-juror-already-in-hot-water#ixzz2PMuzg1vq

:newhere:
Howdy, TexMex! I've been hearing that juror #5 was pro-prosecution, and that's why the defense wanted her gone... But your comment makes her sound like she was pro-defense. If that's true, I don't understand why Jodi and her defense team were all smiles after the judge booted juror #5 out the door... Do you have any further insight into this? Thanks a bunch! :crosseyed:

However, this is neat reading. (not sure how accurate it is but, does sound Jodi-esk)

Disorganized types (Sociopaths) are often of low intelligence, have a below average IQ (80-95), and commit their crimes impulsively. Whereas the organized killer will specifically set out to hunt a victim, the disorganized will murder someone when the opportunity arises, rarely bothering to dispose of the body but instead just leaving it at the same place in which they found the victim. They usually carry out “blitz” attacks, leaping out and attacking their victims without warning, and will typically perform whatever rituals they feel compelled to carry out (e.g., necrophilia, mutilation, cannibalism, etc.) once the victim is dead. They rarely bother to cover their tracks but may still evade capture for some time because of a level of cunning that compels them to keep on the move. They are often socially inadequate with few friends, and they may have a history of mental problems and be regarded by acquaintances as eccentric or even “a bit creepy.” They have little insight into their crimes and may even block out the memories of the killings. :what: Is this ringing Dr. $ ?

Jodi and Ted are psychopathic and organized.

This trial has gone long enough and the jurors, Travis' family and even all us sleuthers are exhausted.

Might as well take out the rotten apple out now before it ruins the whole bunch. :moo:

I'm glad Juror #5 was dismissed - The Judge needed to nip this in the bud and not have anything come out later as a reason for appeal. She probably mouthed off and maybe even wanted to be the foreman. MOO

No ma'am if she wanted to commit suicide ..she already had a gun and knife she could use. Or if she had discarded them ..she could stop by wallyworld and get a big ol knife to do herself in.

That 9 mm was for more murder...imo

That SI is just cluster B posturing IMO. Used frequently as a manipulation tool probably.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I can't wait for tomorrow, when I will be in a special place I call "Alyce's World". Kinda like the land of make believe on Mr. Rogers.

We are sleeping in and then going out to shop for new shirts to wear for Auburn A-Day game.....If I remember correctly, the defense has only gotten into Oct 2007. I think nurmi is purposely trying to put all the jurors to sleep for his next act.....

I believe 5 of the 29 were defensive wounds on his hands. Which means there were 24 "stabs".

Beth Karas was discussing the knife stuff yesterday or today. I believe that's what she said. (These days are starting to run together lol)

I wonder if the ME got the number of stab wounds correct. No way Jodi would stab TA 29 times -- unless she lost count. It would have to be in multiples of 2.

Egads!

:what:

No ma'am if she wanted to commit suicide ..she already had a gun and knife she could use. Or if she had discarded them ..she could stop by wallyworld and get a big ol knife to do herself in.

She knew she could be connected to the crime scene. She also knew her name was popping up. She had 5 weeis to come up with something. It was probably at this time she thought of using INTRUDERS did it. Would she have killed her family in order to add credence to that theory? I would not draw a line in the sand.

I believe you are correct about this. I think she enjoyed all the power she had while murdering Travis (note in the interogation tapes she is always talking about being powerless). That little .25 calibre however made her realize she needed a more efficient weapon.

I thought Bundy's IQ was only in the 120 range (which is really not very high, about the same as a schoolteacher) and it's a bit of a myth that people with ASPD have a higher IQ, they're across the same range as everybody else, actually, John Douglas says they test lower, probably due to their 'issues' .. which is why they get caught.

I think the invitation was the objective (add in dumping Mimi Hall). I went back and listened to Mimi Hall - it was early May when TA asked her to go and a couple of days later she agreed. Would be interesting to know if JA was originally listed on associated paperwork and if Mimi was inserted for sure. Gotta be something to show JA had reason to be upset about the pending trip.

All rental cars should have spare tires and roadside assistance.

IIRC Bundy's aunt said he did something with knives around her when she was sleeping. He was only 3.

And then there's that whole mother/sister thing like with Bobby Darin.

So Bundy's strangeness goes back long before his first gf.

JMO.

Jodi's went back before Travis. She had a dog that "disappeared" after she kicked it.

I'm glad Juror #5 was dismissed - The Judge needed to nip this in the bud and not have anything come out later as a reason for appeal. She probably mouthed off and maybe even wanted to be the foreman. MOO

Constant writing could have been book deal, too. Who knows?

I've been a juror. Every case is important, but mine were small civil cases. Nothing of this magnitude.

I respect the jurors and their job. Whether they see it my way or not.

Wow. Did he really interview her mom?

Im going from memory, so not 100% certain, but I could have sworn that Dr. Samuelson was asked on the stand if he talked with the Mom, and he indicated something in the positive about it. It may have been what someone else indicated that he may have read the transcript of this exact police interview or saw that interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member