trial day 39: the defense continues its case in chief #117

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing that caused her to be discharged came from the defense. They challenged the prosecutor and the cane signing, etc. and in the course of questioning the jurors themselves about that, the information leading to the dismissal of juror 5 came out from herself, or possibly from another juror I guess. I haven't re-read the motion. The information was elicited by the judge (because that's who would have been questioning them) not the defense. The defense merely put what happened during that questioning in writing in the form of a motion. jmo

The record has been sealed. We do not know what transpired, yet! :seeya:

Listen again...the dog was on a leash or teather according to JA. So doggie boy couldn't run away after being kicked. Something's hinky.

I'm pretty sure she said he was off his tether at the time, which was unusual and gave him access to the trash in the first place. Haven't gone back to listen to it again, but I did listen to it once and that was my impression.

Time to take our the furkids out, carry on! Maybe tomorrow will bring some justice for Travis.

The person who made this comment was an FBI Profiler. I would trust their words over any other "experts" we've seen thus far.

I really don't see too much in common with Jodi and Bundy, other than killers.

You have to realize with the media, they will get an "expert" to say what they want. For bigger ratings and/or for other reasons.

In the Pistorius case recently, a BBC interviewee said they kept pestering him to say OP is suicidal, so he finally addressed that, and later said he is not.

With expert witnesses, they have many to pick from. Easy to get one to say what they want aired/ JMO

Watching the reruns of ALV from earlier today. Just dawns on me how absurd it is that this "expert" witness is sitting in judgement of TA. She states that TA lived a deceptive life - that he lied about being a virgin, was a hypocrite to his faith, tat he dated several women at one time....SO WHAT?! Truthfully it's nobody's business but TA's. I so resent this testimony. It's absurd. Throughout all of her testimony she has proved over and over that Jodi should have gotten the message from TA many times, to go away. She kept coming back and set herself to be used by TA, and orchestrated all the events that lead to her murdering him. she made the whole thing happen. May the jury cut through this hocus-pocus to see the truth. I don't know how TA's family has the strength to sit there everyday and listen to this garbage. Breaks my heart.

Yes, the 25 mm she stole did not cut it. She needed a more powerful gun to make sure all it would take would be one shot to kill again.

Going back to gunshot first theory...:rocker:

...Staying with the no blood/bleeding-thus-gunshot-last theory... :rocker: :)

So Jodi's mother received phone calls from her friends that her daughter needed help, she knew she was freaking out at night, and her father knew that she was 'sweet' one minute and 'raging' the next. Did anyone seek to get Jodi into any kind of treatment?

Nope - It's called Dysfunctional. The parents evidently ignored and actually allowed her to move out of their house and drop out of high school as a sophmore (one year after she kicked the family dog to death) and move in with Bobby Juarez.....:what: And here we are.

I thought Bundy's IQ was only in the 120 range (which is really not very high, about the same as a schoolteacher) and it's a bit of a myth that people with ASPD have a higher IQ, they're across the same range as everybody else, actually, John Douglas says they test lower, probably due to their 'issues' .. which is why they get caught.

124...but some folks say 136....
either would be considered "exceptional"....or "high"...depending on which 'school' of psybabble you follow.
I'm behind in posts again, so y'all have prolly already hashed this out....

I'm pretty sure she said he was off his tether at the time, which was unusual and gave him access to the trash in the first place. Haven't gone back to listen to it again, but I did listen to it once and that was my impression.

If he was off the leash, Im sure it was not the first time. The dog is gone because she killed him.IMO.

First trial you ever followed? Mind if I ask how old you are? You say you "were" a Mormon. Then you say Travis is a hypocrite. Why do you say that?

Yes, this is the first trial I have followed. I am 54 years old, raised Mormon, sealed in the St. George, UT temple and am now ex-Mormon. A lot of posters think it is no big deal that TA played around but in my day, we did not do that. There were no *advertiser censored**buddies or friends with benefits. TA did not seem to show any respect to JA (from his emails to her) I suppose it is a generational thing. Looks like things have changed. I happen to like Ms LV..I think she is trying to relate to the old fashioned Momon/Christian way of dating.

I CAN"T BELIEVE Dr. Drew had that Jodi's Mormon missionary on and let him blather TWICE about the process of becoming a Mormon, how many lessons, etc. instead of asking him the one we all want to know:

Did you teach Jodi Arias the Law of Chastity?

I have to say that Travis Alexander's behavior toward women is not the least bit unusual in the Mormon culture. Because they are celibate, they date LOTS and LOTS of women, comparing them. This is encouraged, as some posters have pointed out but it doesn't last long because they are directly advised by their bishops to marry, if possible, within six months of returning from their missions. And most of them do.

In case you are forgotten, Mormons believe in polygamy. They do not practice it because it is against the law in America. Polygamy is still a requirement for those who want to "seal" their families together for eternity in the temple. This is spelled out in Mormon scripture written by Joseph Smith, "Doctrine and Covenants, Section 132."

If a woman dies without being married, she can only go to the Celestial Kingdom as a servant instead of a goddess. This belief in polygamy creates a musical chairs situation as women compete for the smaller number of returned missionary priesthood holders.

Polygamist cultures are found to create an imbalance of power which produces conditions favorable to emotional and physical abuse. Travis Alexander's behavior was typical for a bachelor his age. I was dating men in his age group and a lot of them dated widely and kept it secret because the women didn't like it.

A funny story- I was dating one fellow and I met a woman at a dance who was also dating him. She and I ended up best friends and the man faded into the background. She told me she learned that our mutual friend had been dating two other women while discussing marriage with her.

I know it sounds odd, but it is just not that uncommon for people to marry because the time is right rather than because they are in love. In fact, the Mormon prophet, Spencer W. Kimball said that any righteous man and woman who are both faithful to the gospel can have a happy marriage.

Young Mormon women are taught that marrying in the right place (temple) at the right time (after the male's mission) is what is emphasized. And they should never settle for anything less than a returned missionary.

You will hear Jodi Arias parrot all these things while continuing to function like a blow up sex doll. Poor Travis had no idea who he was dealing with. I find it upsetting that they are trying to portray Travis in such a bad light when he was just a regular guy with one girlfriend he screws and others that he sees but is not intimate with. Sorry, but that describes most of my longterm relationships when I was a young energetic woman! I slept with one person, my boyfriend, but also have lots of men friends I would do things with.

Take Travis out of the Mormon bubble and he's just a regular guy, less sexual than most imo.

Justice for Travis!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I'm not yelling at you. Travis is not on trial here, nor is his religion, contrary to what is happening in court and sometime here. This post should be on the front page, required reading. JMO.

Yet, it could be nothing more than made up non-sense from the DT and family/friends of JA. We do not know what this juror did wrong, if anything. Certainly, we don't know whether she "mouthed off or wanted to the be foreman". I am going to give her some credit until we know otherwise. She gave 4 months of her life to this trial, she didn't do that for the heck of it. The DT is looking for anything and everything to cause a mistrial. IMO - they "won" in their eyes, and now have their eyes on someone/something else to cause a mistrial. Who is next? What is next? :furious:

This is why I sure hope the Judge had a real reason to kick off that juror. If it turns out that the person was just having an innocent involuntary reaction, then the judge could have used another remedy like just warn her.

I am really worried the defense is trying to pick them off one by one until there is less than 12 and thus too few to conintue.

I hope the judge is not caving to BS from the defense.

Nurmis following someone on twitter
shelli @iheartCourtRms
Missed my calling to be a lawyer so I follow courtroom dramas & do the...
Followed by Kirk Nurmi and 4 others.
Following: 58 · Followers: 100

Just an FYI, that Kirk Nurmi Twitter account is a parody. It's not him.

[quote=AuburnSchnauzer

Deleted my post
its not worth it.

The person who made this comment was an FBI Profiler. I would trust their words over any other "experts" we've seen thus far.

Well we differ on that. As have numerous juries...

And I have studied Bundy a bit--read Rule's book. But do not claim to be a Bundyologist or Jodiologist.

And someone saying something on air may not be what he might say if he were in court under oath.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member