trial day 39: the defense continues its case in chief #117

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I went and grabbed my "The Stranger Beside Me" book. I should be packing for a trip in the morning haha but I had to grab it..im going to study and see if they share alot of traits. On a weird note my neighbor who lives down the street was engaged to one of Bundys victims. He is married and has 4 kids but, he will discuss the case. It was so traumatic for him!! He was in college then. very sad!!

Sounds like you have a beef with the Mormon religion. JA is on trial for killing Travis Alexander 29 times over. Travis is the victim of a brutal, vicious crime. Religion has nothing to do with it.

JMO

Religion has alot to do with this crime.

Imo we dont know if this came from a juror or the defense team. They may have seen something they could convince the judge was misconduct and she would be removed for that as well.

We know for a fact that it came from a juror because the motion referred to the fact that it came up during the sealed hearing and referred back to it. The defense isn't going to flat out lie about what happened right in front of the judge no matter what else anyone might think they are capable of.

Yes, this is the first trial I have followed. I am 54 years old, raised Mormon, sealed in the St. George, UT temple and am now ex-Mormon. A lot of posters think it is no big deal that TA played around but in my day, we did not do that. There were no *advertiser censored**buddies or friends with benefits. TA did not seem to show any respect to JA (from his emails to her) I suppose it is a generational thing. Looks like things have changed. I happen to like Ms LV..I think she is trying to relate to the old fashioned Momon/Christian way of dating.

54 is like only 11 years older than me...!!!! Sweetie- you have half your life ahead of you.

Omg...I totally respect your way of life/point of view....but--you make us 40-50 year youngins sound like grandma Walton.....

The video when she talks about the dog is video #4 at the 26:08 mark. She says the dog was un-tied. I do believe she killed the dog.

Animal cobtrol should check on any animals they own now. Once indifferent to an animal, always indifferent.

So I went and grabbed my "The Stranger Beside Me" book. I should be packing for a trip in the morning haha but I had to grab it..im going to study and see if they share alot of traits. On a weird note my neighbor who lives down the street was engaged to one of Bundys victims. He is married and has 4 kids but, he will discuss the case. It was so traumatic for him!! He was in college then. very sad!!

Please return and report after you have read the book. I have read it and see no similarities between JA and Bundy at all. Looking forward to your opinions.

This is why I sure hope the Judge had a real reason to kick off that juror. If it turns out that the person was just having an innocent involuntary reaction, then the judge could have used another remedy like just warn her.

I am really worried the defense is trying to pick them off one by one until there is less than 12 and thus too few to conintue.

I hope the judge is not caving to BS from the defense.

This judge, in my opinion, is very careful. She does not want a mistrial or to have this turned over on appeal. No matter what people think of her, I think she is doing an ok job. I don't like the short hours, the antics by the DT, and I didn't like the hearsay admitted today!! She may be over accommodating to the DT, but at the end of the day, I hope justice is served for the Alexander family and there is NO room for an appeal. I have faith in Mr. Martinez! He is a wonderful prosecutor. Going to trust the system and not lose faith.

Praying for Justice for Travis.

Here's my take.

I think Nurmi and Co. concocted a ruse to have a reason to have to interrogate, errr question jurors. They KNEW no juror saw the "photo op" of Martinez on the steps. They KNEW this was a one time occurance. How did they know this, because like TODAY, they exit and enter that door daily themselves. And JM never uses that door. And they are savvy enough to know the low likelihood of any juror claiming they'd be unable to render an impartial verdict by seeing Juan Martinez having his photo taken by some random people on the courthouse steps.

I think they wanted a reason to investigate those jurors, ask them questions and seek reasons to bounce ones that concern them.

I also think that if Juror 5 was one they thought favored their side, they'd not have made an issue of it, whatever it was.

That's my take and I'm stickin to it.

I have complete faith that all of the flooding in their hippocampus that may have cause jurors to go into a fog will be removed when Mr Martinez floods the room with logic and removes the hocus pocus.

Yeah..what you said!! :floorlaugh:

Some people will never get it. The emotion does not justify that action or crime.

The video when she talks about the dog is video #4 at the 26:08 mark. She says the dog was un-tied. I do believe she killed the dog.

One thing dogs are known for is loyalty. You can kick a dog and it will still come back tail wagging. IF this dog ran away over abuse, it was severe or more likely, she killed that dog.

Please just agree to disagree.

I believe the DT/JA and her courtroom groupies have something to do with this, and the phone call made to the judge about said juror. You can believe whatever you want. I believe this falls on the DT and was probably blown WAY out proportion. You can put me on ignore or skip my posts. WS is kind of cool that way. Now, carry on.

Will do, no problem. I didn't realize that disagreement was a problem in this specific situation. I'm just going by the court papers. Carry on :)

The fact that Jodi's mom was initially horrified and disgusted to the point of physical sickness when first discovering information that suggested Jodi committed this hideous crime, and now seems a stalwart supporter of Jodi's is actually pretty common with the parents of those accused of crimes. Her initial gut reaction is, "Jodi's sick, she's mentally ill, her friends have been warning me, oh gosh how could she have done this and then seemed so NORMAL right after!". Because this realization is so painful, so abhorrent the parents then back away from those initial honest reactions and start to consider and cling to alternate reasons for this behavior to explain or minimize or justify the crimes of their children. It is a defense mechanism to protect themselves from the pain of the truth-that their child is capable of evil sick behavior. It is easier and less traumatic to believe that your child accidentally hurt someone, or killed only to protect their own life etc. if you recall Cindy Anthony's 911 call where she hysterically urges the police to come because her granddaughters missing and her daughters car smelled like a dead body!!! That statement was the truth and exposed Cindy's fear and understanding that her granddaughters dead little sweet body had been rotting in that car. She knew the truth in that moment. But then she backed away from that truth. Because Cindy is bad? No, because that truth was simply too awful and impossible to live with. It is human nature to do that. I have seen this time and time again in cases.

For the record, I do not condone these behaviors or think it is ok to trash victims because your reality is too horrible and you can't deal with it. I'm just saying this is a very common reaction for parents. I think it's better to hold the truth right in front of your face and confront it, so you can actually learn something and grow from it, and then do something positive for the world from your pain.

BBM

Cindy Anthony did all she could to pervert justice in her granddaughter's murder.

Cindy Anthony committed perjury to aid in the defense of her granddaughter's murderess.

Bad is an understatement.

Please return and report after you have read the book. I have read it and see no similarities between JA and Bundy at all. Looking forward to your opinions.

Do you see any similarities between Dianne Downs and Jody?

I was never into "sleeping around, friends with benefits, one night stands". Not MY thing.

I'm around Travis's age. But I have friends that did. They were sometimes just looking for fun, other times Mr Right was Mr Wrong soon into a relationship. It happens. It's not shocking to me at all. Many have gone on to be happily married.

I guess what IRKS me is them going on and on about it being abusive.
Maybe not "moral" in everyone's eyes, but far from abusive.

This wasn't JA's first rodeo. She could have easily kept her panties on too!!!

Yes please do.

And for those who can't get hold of a copy, may be easier to see the old TV movie [same title as I recall] with Mark Harmon--probably his finest hour.

IIRC the events depicted were "fairly truthful," but obviously far less than in the book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong