IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Patience is a virtue :) reading the entire article is quiet interesting.

Patience is a virtue and it seems that in this case, the volunteers assisting with the memorial are urging patience ... patience in planning, it's too late for trees, ecosystems, wildlife habitats and nesting areas, but patience is needed at this point ... patience and adhering to City Council Regulations.

Fantastic post Boots! :). How sad for that young man and his family. Breaks my heart. I wonder how long after his death that plans were made for a memorial? Or how the money was raised? He has a peaceful and stately memorial...so simple, yet beautiful and tasteful.:moo:

IMO, angels park seems like a three ring circus in comparison. :moo:

It was very sad. I believe it was about a year before they actually planted the tree and put the bench in. The family is well off. They paid for the tree and memorial bench themselves, but not before taking it before the school board and city council and getting permission and ideas on where to put the memorial. They also established a scholarship in their son's name which I thought was outstanding. Our community is not rich and there are many kids a scholarship could help with college expenses. A well thought out plan in my mind. It really could have been an event that divided the community. The adults in charge could have been accused of not having the players safety in mind when they saw the storm clouds rolling in and getting everyone off the field in time, but really it happened so quickly, a freak of nature and the family of the son that was killed was very dignified. There may have been lawsuits filed by other family members, but I believe the players were covered by school insurance and so medical bills were paid. Just very sad for a young man with a bright future ahead. I still see stickers on the back of vehicles with his jersey # in memory of him.

It was very sad. I believe it was about a year before they actually planted the tree and put the bench in. The family is well off. They paid for the tree and memorial bench themselves. It really could have been an event that divided the community. The adults in charge could have been accused of not having the players safety in mind when they saw the storm clouds rolling in and getting everyone off the field in time, but really it happened so quickly, a freak of nature and the family of the son that was killed was very dignified. There may have been lawsuits filed by other family members, but I believe the players were covered by school insurance and so medical bills were paid. Just very sad for a young man with a bright future ahead. I still see stickers on the back of vehicles with his jersey # in memory of him.

Are you saying that there is another memorial park in Evansdale? A tree planting memorial area where people put granite benches?

What event could have divided the Evansdale community? Player's safety?

I'm lost.

Originally posted by Otto:
Angels Park reminds me of a conversation I had with my daughter when she was eight years old. I pulled the car into an angle parking only spot and she said "You can't park here. It says angel parking only." I had no idea that she still believed in angels.

'Otto, some of us are considerably older than eight years old and will always believe in Angels'...

Quote by Retired FBI BAU Roger L Depue; My work has given me a profound respect for what humans suffer at the hands of evil, and a particular sensitivity for what its victims endure.

During every investigation that I participate in, there is always an invisible observer at my shoulder, whose presence I never forget. Regardless of the circumstances of a case, I am always giving voice to its silent victim...

What must this young girl’s final minutes have been like? Did she cry out while he was repeatedly stabbing her, or keep silent, breathing like a wounded animal, watching for the next glint of a blade?

Did her thoughts turn to her parents in those final seconds, when she was overwhelmed by the deepest loneliness she had ever known? Did she experience a dissociative response, the sense of drifting upward and watching her own death as if from above?

Or did she sink mercifully into unconsciousness, and feel nothing as her life ebbed away?
http://abusesanctuary.blogspot.com/2007/01/between-good-and-evil-by-roger-l.html

I'm Your Angel - R.Kelly and Celine Dion (With Lyrics) - YouTube

Maybe someone can shed some light on the park design and overall plan for the five gazeibos, three benches, brick wall, pedestrian overpass, rose gardens, oak trees and blue spruces. 3D renderings are only a click away.

Pencil sketch works ...

EvansdaleMeyerLakeIsland2b_zps446f96bf.jpg

'Otto, some of us are considerably older than eight years old and will always believe in Angels'...

Quote by Retired FBI BAU Roger L Depue; My work has given me a profound respect for what humans suffer at the hands of evil, and a particular sensitivity for what its victims endure.

During every investigation that I participate in, there is always an invisible observer at my shoulder, whose presence I never forget. Regardless of the circumstances of a case, I am always giving voice to its silent victim...

What must this young girl’s final minutes have been like? Did she cry out while he was repeatedly stabbing her, or keep silent, breathing like a wounded animal, watching for the next glint of a blade?

Did her thoughts turn to her parents in those final seconds, when she was overwhelmed by the deepest loneliness she had ever known? Did she experience a dissociative response, the sense of drifting upward and watching her own death as if from above?

Or did she sink mercifully into unconsciousness, and feel nothing as her life ebbed away?

I'm Your Angel - R.Kelly and Celine Dion (With Lyrics) - YouTube

Left or right shoulder?

Yes, it is beautiful, Bootsctr..
(TN)Heather Cohen wrote and sang it at the recent national CUE conference for missing/murdered persons candle light vigil held on the Cape Fear river.
There wasn't a dry eye on the riverfront..

"Bring Her Home" (Holly Bobo)
Heather Cohen
"Bring Her Home" (Holly Bobo) - YouTube

Thank you again Foxfire for a beautiful, but so, so, so sad video and song! The Bobo family is going through pure hell every day. As sad as Lyric and Elizabeth's case is, the families do have the girls' bodies and they will have a final resting place. The Bobos. . . I have no words only tears and a saddened heart for them. God, please bring Holly home. :please:

"Discussion: John Peverill asked if there are plans to move the army tank at Meyers Lake. Mayor Deutsch
responded, no and that the tank had been there so long that it had become a landmark. Councilman
Dewater stated that he believed there might be military restrictions from the Department of Defense on
moving it. Peverill asked about the preservation of goose’s nests along the island at Meyer’s Lake during
the renovations. The Mayor responded that the DNR has been involved with doing an egg and goose
roundup in the past and as a result, are aware of the nests. Private funds are being used for the
renovations; however the Park Board is supervising the project. Loraine Atkins stated that there are cars
parked on Jones Road just north of Central Ave despite the no parking zone. The Mayor explained that
the Council had re-opened a 90 feet portion of the no parking zone temporarily at the request of the owner
of the apartments."

minutes from March 19
http://www.evansdale.govoffice.com/...DF50-C53B-473E-85FE-B991D36E1268&Type=B_BASIC

more minutes here:

http://www.evansdale.govoffice.com/index.asp?Type=B_BASIC&SEC={F8E3E19A-9C0F-438F-BC1E-913391667072}

Maybe someone can shed some light on the park design and overall plan for the five gazeibos, three benches, brick wall, pedestrian overpass, rose gardens, oak trees and blue spruces. 3D renderings are only a click away.

Pencil sketch works ...

EvansdaleMeyerLakeIsland2b_zps446f96bf.jpg

Your maps are always great Otto! I believe there is to be a shelter, like a picnic shelter and four gazebos.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Volunteers-Get-to-Work-on-Creating-Angels-Park-201173521.html

"We hope to have a shelter in the middle and the gazebos on the four corners,” said park project organizer Dona Frickson."

Parks and Rec minutes:

Discussion:
Jeff Stickfort said a 60 day window to complete the walkway to island for
construction use. After construction the walkway will be a footpath to the island.
Memorial Bricks will be sold to be placed on the footpath to those who wish to
memorialze loved ones. Bricks will be sold at a later date.
Concerns by residents regarding the project as expressed to various Park Board
Members: using tax payers funds, police and fire protection, vandalism, removal of the
ribbons with comment from Donna Frickson that the purple ribbons signify justice.
Jeff Dawson stated that there will not be any tax payer funds used for the project or the
maintenance of it. Relayed the opinion of Fire and Police Chief regarding protection.
Undergrowth and a minimum number of trees will be removed from the island. Drew
Collins will mark the trees that will be removed.

http://www.evansdale.govoffice.com/...728}/uploads/02-23-13_SPECIAL_MTG_MINUTES.pdf

http://www.evansdale.govoffice.com/...8082-03A4-4BBE-A391-4B6E6C0D6628&Type=B_BASIC

Are you hinting about a hidden agenda by someone hoping to run for election?
Reminds me of that series, The Killing. Complicated characters/ plot...shocking finale. People covering for bad people. Ugh.

You know, with the way things are going down and so quickly, sometimes I think there may have been a hidden agenda. I can't put my finger on it, but it's very disturbing.

You know, with the way things are going down and so quickly, sometimes I think there may have been a hidden agenda. I can't put my finger on it, but it's very disturbing.

My gut feelings about the memorial, especially Drew working on it during a blizzard, is that it is his therapy right now....he needed to have a focus and busy hands to keep his mind off of the nightmares in his head. IMHO!

Who in the areas of Seven Bridges County Park deserves a second look? ... and why?

Anyone who owns the land surrounding the Seven Bridges County Park, the RSOs in the area and the unregistered ones. I think LE needs to go door to door AGAIN and re-question people about anything odd they might have seen, but dismissed it perhaps thinking it was probably nothing and not wantingto bother LE. People need to be reminded that they are not bothering the police with any information that could be related to the girls' murder. Bother the police and tell them ANYTHING they thought was out of the ordinary.

Also watch Seven bridges to see who uses it frequently. Boating, camping, fishing, drinking parties, etc.

Patience is a virtue and it seems that in this case, the volunteers assisting with the memorial are urging patience ... patience in planning, it's too late for trees, ecosystems, wildlife habitats and nesting areas, but patience is needed at this point ... patience and adhering to City Council Regulations.

" Measure twice, cut once"!

Our one property has 60 plus year old trees on it. No one is going to touch that except Mother Nature.

As for the homeowners surrounding the lake, I'd be po'd too. Older growth, blocking of sound & sight of I380, just torn down/gone, would just sadden me then get me po'd.

I understand the homeowners, the taxpayers and the plans for the memorial. So I'm torn. Sucks anyway you look at it. I think it was a great plan but it was for those grieving over the girl's deaths. They need a place to grieve, I only hope I should be afforded that honor if in the same situation. I know in our business taking away old construction and building new sometimes affects someone but we try to minimize it due to good weather 3/4 of the year to do so. Takes a while sometimes. I imagine in Iowa, you get started when the ground is almost thawed and keep working until the next freeze or snow comes in the winter. It's been years since I lived in OH. brrrrr

To change the subject some, there's someone(s) who did murder Elizabeth & Lyric & they need to be arrested, charged and sentenced.

I had forgotten that DM's mom lived on University. That JJB posted on meetme that he liked hanging out on Universerty Ave., that I remember reading. Now I can't remember how I got into it to read it or else his account has been deleted. oy vey, now I have to go thru my old info bookmarked....Besides being a RSO now since Jan. and his victim was a 12 year old and JJB saying he was a cousin to the girls, he wanted to go search for them at one time & was friends with R Lynch, his friend, who was missing a few days before the girls were reported missing (no word on when he returned) Interesting comments on JJB's old fb that is gone since his release as a RSO.

Don't know what I'd do as I feel for them all.

Dan facing all of the charges will be telling and since they have reinforced his charges, it will be interesting what he and Jason get. Jason's trial is 4/29. Dan's is in May for drugs & also 4/29 for Misty DV assault only in two different counties. Hopefully, these cases aren't continued again...get them over with. jmo

Sorry for the babble. I finished my taxes this afternoon. I'm relieved...

Is there a grand jury conviened?

:goodpost: First, I have no idea who JJB is and believe me I have a notebook page full of names associated with this case and can't find a match. He sounds very intriguing.

Two, Yes, get Dan's case over with and let's see what he ends up receiving as punishment. Personally, I think if LE is under the impression that DM is gonna talk while he's awaiting trial, they are dead wrong. Just don't believe he's going to blab to a jailhouse informant or spill the beans about ANYTHING! I think they are barking up the wrong tree. Could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time or last.

I don't think you are babbing by the way, and I still haven't done my taxes. . . I'm a great procrastinator. :guitar: :juggle: :skip:

About the grand jury convening, good question! Do they have enough information related to the girls' murders to even convene? I know we are still waiting on DNA evidence, but is there anything else? :truce:

Thanks very much for your post. A lot of people support your community.

I think you might have misunderstood georger, TLCYA isn't part of the Evansdale community, but I very much appreciate TLCYA's posts and I sure miss GrainneDhu's presence and valued input here at WebSleuths.

Patience is a virtue and it seems that in this case, the volunteers assisting with the memorial
are urging patience ... patience in planning, it's too late for trees, ecosystems, wildlife habitats and
nesting areas, but patience is needed at this point ... patience and adhering to City Council Regulations.

I am almost at a loss for words... they ruined an ecosystem for a bunch of gazebos??
Oh holy lord what are they thinking?

I was really loving the idea until they wrecked the island. Cart before horse,
oh yeah. Maybe someone should have thought to evaluate the conditions on the island.

Here is a comparison.

032413-Before-and-AfterCuttingDownTrees.jpg:original

I think you might have misunderstood georger, TLCYA isn't part of the Evansdale community, but I very much appreciate TLCYA's posts and I sure miss GrainneDhu's presence and valued input here at WebSleuths.

Hope GD is A-okay, did I miss something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClaraJune2288