trial day 41: the defense continues its case in chief #120

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with a lot of what you are saying. But there is a jury there and they are not the Pinellas 12! Jodi isn't going anywhere. Nobody believes this crap from the defense and ALV is ruining her career. Didnt you see on the post yesterday where someone saw RS in a bar and he admitted Jodi is guilty? Jodi is a psychopath. Her judgment is coming.

BBM. Seriously????

Nurmi isn't bright. The media is in court. Filming the trial!
They know not to film jurors.
So what if they were getting their cameras ready?
Maybe they are filming to PROVE there is no tampering going on
as jurors arrive and depart???

That would be cool!

Ugh!!

If she doesn't sequester them... could this allow for an appeal?

Yes I know this is it DP case but I mean a whole shibang

Earlier, on HLN, Jason Lamm said that they would probably try to get an appeal on this issue, but the judge was ready this morning, cited cases from Arizona law and covered all the basis and he thinks an appeal would be denied.

LaViolette is a good witness for the defense. She is taking actual communications (perhaps out of context) and tying them directly to the characteristics of abusive relationships. However, the defense could have made her testimony much more impactful by hitting the high points and managing this testimony more efficiently.

I do think LaViolette actually believes most of what she is saying -- she has a long history of treating battered women, and that is the filter through which she views all relationships.

I am not concerned that this witness will change the outcome of the trial because I know Juan is prepared to cross examine her and he still has his rebuttal case.

This is what I believe too. And did you notice how snarky DB is to JM? Some have said he was quiet and truthful. I believe he was deceitful and will be recalled on rebuttal. As I have said, he should man up for the sake of his son. But I expect him to be a weenie for the rest of his life!

Awwww mannnnn,

Someone help those of us who can't see YouTube's today...give a brief summary of what the smoking gun may be??? Curious to know!

TIA

I'd say you must be kidding, but sadly, I know you are not. Will someone rid me of this meddlesome monkey on my back? This trial will be the end of me. I'm jonesin' from sunup to sundown. I'm thinking of starting a Rehab program.
Sign me up. I start a new project on Sat. Somebody will have to lock me in my office from the outside.

I don't see how Arizona doesn't sequester often do they?

I really don't know..
I don't usually follow criminal cases but this one got me hook line & sinker!
Honestly, I don't think at the beginning they had any clue how absolutely HUGE this trial was going to get in the media.. or I think they'd started with sequester..

Not to mention if you sequestered the jury now.. wouldn't they wonder what the heck went down or what's out there they aren't hearing that would be so damaging AFTER ALL THEY'VE ALREADY HEARD to make them camp out at the Motel 6.. Right?

JS just stated case State vs Shadd I think? maybe that would give reasoning..

But hey we AZ folk are lil different out here ;)

JMO

The whole point I get out of these texts where he's the only one "fighting" is that he's sick to death of her crap and he's done with her.

She doesn't react because she's a passive aggressive manipulator and getting just the reaction she wants.

I had forgotten they wanted to bring in Ms. Wong regarding last week's debacle. I wish the judge would grow a back bone and not allow the DT to dictate the court schedule. During the lunch break would have been the perfect time to get that out of the way.

Between JW finishing up with AVL and now Ms. Wong, I doubt JM will be able to start his cross until Monday.

My hat's off to the Jury for not falling asleep during this monotonous exchange. I don't know how they (or JM) do it..

Is the Judge even aware there is a felon on parole in the courtroom exchanging smiles/smirks with JA??? How is this allowed?

I would love to know the answer to that question also. JA supporters seem to think nothing of trying to get people kicked off the jury/out of the courtroom.

Is there any way the judge or someone, anyone, can be notified of this ridiculous behavior?? How is this person even being allowed in court if she was just released from prison??

If I were a juror on this trial, I would be afraid. I think these people will stop at nothing to get a mistrial. I am concerned for the jurors safety.

Yes. With all his apologies through text, there's not one that references one of these alleged domestic violence incidents. If he was such an "abuser" who apologized for little things like getting mad over the picture crap, we'd expect apologies for choking her out and especially breaking her finger to show up somewhere in these text messages. Quite telling that on the VERY DAY of the broken finger, the text messages reflect no such incident, but rather trivial issues like loaning money to Jodi. No, "I'm sorry babe, forgive me, I was out of line and lost my temper.".

His temper was restrained to verbal and text, did not escalate to physical except maybe to himself.
Most important, and AVL knows this, he would be promising it would never happen again. Has she testified to any of that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson