CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that Mark is his own worst enemy but I do feel that the whole polygraph drama did make some good entertainment for the Dr Phil viewers. MOO.

Of course it made drama for tv. But I doubt if Phil could have anticipated how much drama MR would make for himself and Phil's viewers. Asking MR to take a poly was like a gift from the ratings heavens.

I agree that Mark is his own worst enemy but I do feel that the whole polygraph drama did make some good entertainment for the Dr Phil viewers. MOO.

It's interesting how it played out. Was it coincidence that his actions that morning could exclude him from a polygraph or did he know it would?

Seems like he studied a little bit.....could be a record of it on his computers.

Just my opinion.

I would think they could track MR location every minute since DR got off the plane due to his cell phone. If MR had shut off his phone on Monday for any length of time, it would be a big red flag. What parent would shut their phone off when they have a missing child? Of course what kind of a father would send a text to the mother that their son is missing instead of talking to her?

Just thinking tonight. I think if Dylan was taken and perhaps harmed by a predator, that there's a chance that person might keep something as a trophy.
<snip by me>

It took 5 days for the police to get an arrest warrant for Evan Ebel even knowing that he had something wrong with his ankle bracelet, and during that time he killed 2 men. I still have days where I wonder about the guy in New Mexico that cut off his bracelet and then killed himself - what could he have been capable of doing in his days of freedom? Is there any chance that misfortune could have had him in Vallecito that morning? And that remorse made him take suicide as the only way out?

Sorry for the downer tone tonight. I'm going to go light a candle for Dylan.

I agree- the ankle bracelet stories gave me pause at the time. Byron Boyd. At the time of his death (12/24?) the New Mexico media had a few stories which weren't noteworthy but the comments from locals were. Boyd's victim profile was women. I know that recently in the news (Northridge) there have been first time SO or offenders who branched out but I just don't see it with Boyd. He had been living with a friend, supposedly working with him and was dodging check fraud. I do not doubt he may have gotten himself in trouble with other laws but the more I read about Boyd, the less likely he looks as a suspect here IMO. I encourage those of you who are still thinking of Boyd to research him if, for nothing else, to feel better about him as a suspect or to cross that ghost off your list.

Just thinking tonight. I think if Dylan was taken and perhaps harmed by a predator, that there's a chance that person might keep something as a trophy.

And in kind of a silly effect of that, every news article I see about criminals of any type getting arrested I think, maybe it was that guy and maybe the police will find something of Dylan's in his possession and resolve this. I feel like something serendipitous like that or a confession or a confidant turning him in is going to be the only way this gets solved.

And then there's this flooding our Colorado news right now:

http://www.doc.state.co.us/sites/default/files/Information Packet Ebel Parole.pdf

It took 5 days for the police to get an arrest warrant for Evan Ebel even knowing that he had something wrong with his ankle bracelet, and during that time he killed 2 men. I still have days where I wonder about the guy in New Mexico that cut off his bracelet and then killed himself - what could he have been capable of doing in his days of freedom? Is there any chance that misfortune could have had him in Vallecito that morning? And that remorse made him take suicide as the only way out?

Sorry for the downer tone tonight. I'm going to go light a candle for Dylan.

O/T but this Evan Ebel is flooding our news as well. There were 2 prosecutor/DA murdered within months and they are looking into this situation in CO as a possible connection. This guy was killed not far from me. :what:

Snipped by me to focus on this part

Did the show say if they were only able to track because he used his cell phone? Or were they able to track pings also?

Not sure. They were looking to see if he had been in that specific area and conveniently he had used his phone during the timeframe in question, so they really only had to see where those calls registered.

Not sure. They were looking to see if he had been in that specific area and conveniently he had used his phone during the timeframe in question, so they really only had to see where those calls registered.

Was it an urban area where they actually had multiple towers to ping off of? Sadly, I don't think any precision is possible in the Vallecito area. MOO

ETA: Well, if MR has a smartphone or something with GPS tracking turned on...maybe then they've got good data, but that wouldn't be based on pings/triangulation. MOO again

Dylan visited his dad on Labor Day weekend and the next two holidays are Thanksgiving and Christmas.
If Dylan was to spend every second holiday with his father, why did Dylan go to his dad&#8217;s for Thanksgiving?
Elaine was granted primary custody of Dylan in late September and the Judge knew Dylan spent Labor Day weekend with Mark so why wasn&#8217;t Dylan spending Christmas with his dad? TIA

Dylan visited his dad on Labor Day weekend and the next two holidays are Thanksgiving and Christmas.
If Dylan was to spend every second holiday with his father, why did Dylan go to his dad’s for Thanksgiving?
Elaine was granted primary custody of Dylan in late September and the Judge knew Dylan spent Labor Day weekend with Mark so why wasn’t Dylan spending Christmas with his dad? TIA

good question IIRC wasn't ERs family all getting together for thanksgiving since her mother is ill, for family photos?

I can see it a couple of ways

MR insisting on thanksgiving for a planned reason or work reason

ER giving up thanksgiving to placate MR who had just had custody and child support go against him

I also wonder why he fought the move considering he works away a lot of the time.

At the time of the custody arrangements in September, and looking forward 2-3 months for the next 2 holidays ......
just speculating, but as a mom my preference of the 2 would've been Christmas.

Just:twocents:

At the time of the custody arrangements in September, and looking forward 2-3 months for the next 2 holidays ......
just speculating, but as a mom my preference of the 2 would've been Christmas.

Just:twocents:

good point, christmas would be most Moms preference.

If Dylan was to spend every second holiday with his father, why did Dylan go to his dad&#8217;s for Thanksgiving?
Elaine was granted primary custody of Dylan in late September and the Judge knew Dylan spent Labor Day weekend with Mark so why wasn&#8217;t Dylan spending Christmas with his dad? TIA
I remember reading, but don't have a link, that because his Grandmother had cancer, Elaine asked to switch holidays so that Dylan would be there for Christmas (probably just in case the cancer did not get better over the coming year). Being a member of a family where cancer kills most of us, that makes complete sense (being as treatment can go either way).

ETA:This is my opinion...

Still thinking beyond the lake. This is a map of the Weimunuche Wilderness area with roads (paved and dirt) conveniently noted.
http://www.coloradoswildareas.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Weminuche.png

Also noted that fishing season began April 1st, hunting seasons usually runs August-mid November and the area around Mark's house includes four or five separate hunting regions. My point is that with many outdoorsy types coming out of hibernation as the snow melts and weather improves, there is a better chance that someone might find something out there in the vast wilderness. Better chance than there has been the past three months with everything buried in snow. IMO.

Checking in to see if there was anything new about Dylan. I hope he is found and brought home soon. My thoughts and prayers are with Dylan. I pray we all get answers.

Checking in to see if there was anything new about Dylan. I hope he is found and brought home soon. My thoughts and prayers are with Dylan. I pray we all get answers.

Nothing new. :( It seems as though the media has lost interest.

Nothing new. :( It seems as though the media has lost interest.

I know; it's so sad. I want Dylan to come home (one way or another).

It would be nice if LE would release a little more information that we could "discuss".

And it's heartbreaking that we are the only two on Dylan's thread....:seeya:

I know; it's so sad. I want Dylan to come home (one way or another).

It would be nice if LE would release a little more information that we could "discuss".

And it's heartbreaking that we are the only two on Dylan's thread....:seeya:

Oh how I wish to have something new to discuss. I wish we were discussing the miraculous return of a live Dylan.

Oh how I wish to have something new to discuss. I wish we were discussing the miraculous return of a live Dylan.

I would love to discuss th miraculous return of a live Dylan. That is what I've been hoping and praying for all along.

My little girl and I check in several times a day to see if there is any news on Dyl.

You're always on my mind Dylan! Never forgotten :heartbeat:

I pray for this beautiful boy every day, his Mom and brothers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni