SC - Toddler abandoned on stranger’s porch, Anderson County, April 2013

laura08

Reaction score
Not sure if I'm posting this in th correct place.

http://www.wptz.com/news/Identity-o...ina/-/8870252/19621034/-/nww560z/-/index.html

Toddler Abandoned on stranger’s porch

ANDERSON COUNTY, S.C. —The identity of a toddler who was abandoned on the front porch of a home in an Anderson County subdivision is still unknown.

The child appears to be 2 to 3 years old, according to investigators.

Anderson County sheriff's spokesman Chad McBride said there is a "high probability she's not from this area."

Read more: http://www.wptz.com/news/Identity-o...19621034/-/nww560z/-/index.html#ixzz2Pc7p5kwc

So sad that someone just dropped her off and left. I hope she will be placed in a home where someone can show her lots of love and affection. At least no-one killed her like we are seeing so much of these days.

The medical staff said the toddler has a scar on the right side of her neck and the center of her chest that is consistent with heart surgery

She was clad in a white shirt with yellow sleeves (size 24 months) that bears the lettering “Auntie Loves Me” on the front and gray pants with a floral design and a pink jacket. She was also wearing a pink stocking cap and brown boots

Seems like the mother has family, but regardless...I am thankful that she made sure her baby was safe and found right away, and did not kill her and toss her in the trash like so many have.

So to mom out there...THANK YOU for caring enough to keep her safe and I pray for you also.

I am sure they printed the doorbell.

She is beautiful!!!! Thank you to whomever dropped her off....it took courage.

I wonder if they've checked with the hospitals?
If she had heart surgery, that'd probably be the way to go.

I wonder if a nurse at the hospital recognized her, would they even be allowed to tell the police that?
Or be allowed to say "she needs this heart medication or she'll die."
I wonder how HIPPA would limit them in this case?

The child appears to be well cared for and they said she reached up to someone for a hug. I wonder if her family couldn't afford her medical care anymore or if the mom was trying to keep her safe from someone. They said it appeared that she'd had heart surgery in the past. There must be medical people and others familiar with her, especially when she's not even that old, so they should be able to remember. And since she is friendly to people and not upset or crying, she probably wasn't abused. One of her extra diapers said to call Department of Family and Children's Services. Somebody must have loved this little girl. I hope she does well in the foster care home she was sent to, and I hope they find out her identity soon.

Aw, she is so adorable - just absolutely precious. My heart skipped a beat at how darling she is and I said to myself that I wish I could take her in and give her lots of love, provide for her and give wonderful future full of love, a great education, and everything a little child needs to thrive. So sad though....what must be going through her little toddler mind. I know she must miss her mommy - or whoever was taking care of her. I saw on HLN that she isn't saying much, but she did reach up and hug one of the investigative deputies. Somebody loved her and has shown her love in the past for her to be comfortable enough to hug a stranger. That's my take any way. I don't know what to think of the person who dropped her off. Part of me is thankful that they didn't abandon her totally to fend for herself, but then the other part of me is mad that they just dropped her off at a home where they don't even know what kind of people live there. Anything could have happened to her! I wonder why they didn't go through the proper channels to adopt her out? I wonder if the person who dropped her off was in a desperate situation? My heart goes out to this little one.

I may be going out on a limb here but has anyone stopped to think this might be Bianca Jones? She bears resemblance to her.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I may be going out on a limb here but has anyone stopped to think this might be Bianca Jones? She bears resemblance to her.

She really does, however this child appears to have lighter skin and thinner and lighter hair. Her hair is very distinctively brown, and her eyebrows are much thinner than Bianca's. I suppose if she was malnourished in this time, she could have these changes. Did Bianca have surgical scars?

She really does, however this child appears to have lighter skin and thinner and lighter hair. Her hair is very distinctively brown, and her eyebrows are much thinner than Bianca's. I suppose if she was malnourished in this time, she could have these changes. Did Bianca have surgical scars?

I'm not sure. Maybe LE would know.

I just read her poster and there is no mention of surgical scars. Birthmark, small scar under toe, and one slightly bowed leg. I don't think it's her.

Another possibility would be Lauryn Dickens. Both are presumed dead and parents convicted but no bodies have ever been found.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/9317/0/

Both little girls have been missing a long time. Whoever had her may have gotten her medical care under a different name. I feel this little girl could be either. Black children's skin tone and hair can change over time. I grew up in a black neighborhood. Just being in the sun can change both skin and hair color.

I just got off the phone with the Anderson County Sheriffs Office and spoke to the desk Sgt. I told him about the two girls and he told me that they believe they have identified her and it may come out in the news shortly. Regardless of who she is I hope they have correctly identified her and she gets the love and care she needs.

I just got off the phone with the Anderson County Sheriffs Office and spoke to the desk Sgt. I told him about the two girls and he told me that they believe they have identified her and it may come out in the news shortly. Regardless of who she is I hope they have correctly identified her and she gets the love and care she needs.

Thank goodness. I was racking my brain trying to find babies that went missing. (assuming she was kidnapped initially then dropped off). I hope they get her where she belongs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back