IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
E & L Memorial firepit. Wood pre-stocked.
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: OMG Amanda... thank you for this much needed comic relief... rendered even funnier because I don't associate you w/gallows humor... you almost caused me to fall off my chair...

I'm concerned with the perpitrators of this crime being caught. I wish there was a progress update on the investigation.

in 30 years

IIRC, I heard the trees will be donated. My neighbor just within the last 5Spring/Summers got 5-10 new trees. They were half grown, if not full grown. Maybe some of the trees will at least be half grown. FYI-this was due to extreme tornado damage. The flood video brought back alot of bad memories from Summer of 2008.

Yep, but wouldn't that mean that people and businesses would be more likely to donate to Jessica Ridgeway Park? That's one reason why I would be shocked if they are able to raise more $$ than JR Park raised. Also, I believe that most of the 100k in personal donations for JR Park were donated when Jessica was missing. So I think the amount of money that came in that was specifically donated to fund the park is not all that high. Consider that Jessica's case is solved, the park has not received any bad publicity so far, and the people behind it are much more organized...I would be shocked if Angels Park is able to raise more money.

bbm - valid point imo.

Unless, of course, Evansdale happens to be more blessed with deep-pocketed-citizens who are concerned abt this case and whose generous donations in the past have amounted to big bucks.

For example, in the first couple of days of the girls' disappearance, per msm, there was a private plane (or helicopter) which searched along w/LE aircraft.

Then there was that "concerned Cedar ?Valley citizen" who went to the media to report on the abt $100K donation he/she was making to the reward fund, but who wished to remain anonymous. (???)

Well lots of rain and yes even snow in this weeks forecast. Hope the soft silt holds up while they wait for shipment of trees and what not.

bbm - valid point imo.

Unless, of course, Evansdale happens to be more blessed with deep-pocketed-citizens who are concerned abt this case and whose generous donations in the past have amounted to big bucks.

For example, in the first couple of days of the girls' disappearance, per msm, there was a private plane (or helicopter) which searched along w/LE aircraft.

Then there was that "concerned Cedar ?Valley citizen" who went to the media to report on the abt $100K donation he/she was making to the reward fund, but who wished to remain anonymous. (???)

BBM

IIRC that was the mayor's private plane.

I don't know how much money the Concert for the Angels is supposed to raise. It's being held at McElroy Auditorium in Waterloo, which has 5,155 seats. The tickets are $20 in advance and $25 at the door. Even if every seat is filled this won't be an enormous fund-raiser, considering the amount of money needed to complete this memorial. JMO

BBM

I don't know how much money the Concert for the Angels is supposed to raise. It's being held at McElroy Auditorium in Waterloo, which has 5,155 seats. The tickets are $20 in advance and $25 at the door. Even if every seat is filled this won't be an enormous fund-raiser, considering the amount of money needed to complete this memorial. JMO

you better believe they will have Tee-shirts, bracelets, jeans, head wear, life jackets, etc etc. available for purchase :fence:

Or....."Cut to size, chop to fit, and paint to match..." ? [Old construction saying :) ]

bbm - At first, Tucarra, I thought you were describing what we want to do when jig-saw puzzle pieces refuse to fit together as we think they should! :)

Several yrs ago, somebody likened the solving of a murder case to trying to put together a jig-saw puzzle w/out the benefit of the picture on the box top as a guide. (Great analogy imo.)

Then, in the last couple of months, a ws poster (wish I could remember who) compared the lack of info we have to work with in this case to trying to put together a jig-saw puzzle with a bunch of the pieces missing. (Perfect analogy imo.)

We need more pieces to the puzzle...

Really, I understand a memorial of some sort.... But I DO NOT get this park thing. Next thing they will rename the town Cousinville.
ok Biting tongue.

WHO took these girls and killed them?????

BBM
I misread that at first and thought it said Collinsville. :doh:

BBM

bbm - Ty. And knowing you as I do, I expect you're right! :)

As of a month ago, I only happened to see, or remember, early articles which referred to "a private plane" w/out (in my memory at least) IDing the owner.

Then in the last month, for the first time, I ran across an article (I don't remember date of article) which described the subj aircraft as being "the mayor's helicopter." [If anyone wants a link to that, I'll be happy to provide it tomorrow. Fox]

Jumping off M.PA's post: does anyone happen to know if the private plane is a perk of being the Evansdale's mayor, or does the current mayor just happen to own a private plane?

I keep going back to the witness who said Liz was seen often in the neighborhood. I wonder if she had friends there, or friends of friends.
That just keeps nagging at me.

Now with this project it seems strange, like a distraction or something.

bbm - I feel confident that she would have had friends in that area, whether kin to her or simply pals from school, church, or other activities.

bbm - Ty. And knowing you as I do, I expect you're right! :)

As of a month ago, I only happened to see, or remember, early articles which referred to "a private plane" w/out (in my memory at least) IDing the owner.

Then in the last month, for the first time, I ran across an article (I don't remember date of article) which described the subj aircraft as being "the mayor's helicopter." [If anyone wants a link to that, I'll be happy to provide it tomorrow. Fox]

Jumping off M.PA's post: does anyone happen to know if the private plane is a perk of being the Evansdale's mayor, or does the current mayor just happen to own a private plane?

Just happens to own

bbm - valid point imo.

The median income for a family in Jefferson County, Colorado is 67k with a population of 500k. The median income for a family in Black Hawk County, Iowa is 42k with a population of about 130k. I don't think there are that many people in Black Hawk County with deep pockets. Or whether the ones that do exist would even donate a significant amount to the park.

Also, big difference in using your plane to help search for two missing girls and donating lots of $$ to fund a park.

The 100k from the anonymous donor for the reward seems to be the biggest amount given for this case so far. I'm skeptical that there is some rich person out there who didn't donate when the girls were missing, but would donate to build the park, but who knows. Anyway, the fact that they don't even have a cost for this whole project (or they haven't released it) shows how unprepared and unorganized they are. JR's Park is estimated to cost $530k...I think Liz and Lyric's park would cost just as much, if not more. Raising 500k+ in donations is not going to be easy. I doubt they raised even close to that amount when the girls were missing and getting people to donate to "help find a missing child" has to be way easier than getting people to donate to fund a park.

well, maybe Angel's Park will seem less important if more children vanish, are killed, never found, etc .... especially if it is another child from this same social organization that is volunteering with time/donations to put it together (church group?).

Please don't get me wrong, I am all for healing, faith, love, peace ... support for ECs parents and all they want Angels Park to represent. I hope this group is also reaching out to other family members too. The video "CD" posted in response to "MG" on the facebook page did not even show the other child's parents/caregivers ... bad taste IMHO. :twocents:

Very good points, Otto!
Here's something I just thought of after reading your post...what about insurance? Won't there have to be some type of insurance for the buildings, gazebos, etc? What about insurance to protect against vandalism? For security, is the Evansdale Police Department going to volunteer man-hours to monitor the island and the lake? Is it going to be open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week?

you better believe they will have Tee-shirts, bracelets, jeans, head wear, life jackets, etc etc. available for purchase :fence:

And possibly a book deal with sales, book signings, speaking engagements, MSM interviews, royalties. :blushing: :moo:

And possibly a book deal with sales, book signings, speaking engagements, MSM interviews, royalties. :blushing: :moo:

IDK I've read that publishers are reluctant to give book deals for unsolved cases. There is some exceptions, however. I don't think the case is that high-profile (outside of Iowa) anymore for anyone to make a significant amount on a book.

What about restrooms out on the island? Or will they need to walk back and forth from island to use the current restroom facilities at Meyers Lake? Maybe they know someone and/or one of the volunteers is in the Port-A-Pot business that may be going to donate use of some Port-A-Pots for the island?

wait a MINUTE: This group has promoted Saving Able as their lead band performance from the very beginning but it wasn't until YESTERDAY that they actually committed to it. SMH
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Concert-for-the-Angels/134193863421953?fref=ts

SAVING ABEL WILL BE AT THE CONCERT FOR THE ANGELS!!!!!
Their Sturgis Falls performance was canceled. Jared(Singer) and his wife are "expecting" around the time of that show and so they cannot commit at this time. BUT THEY WILL BE PERFORMING AT THE CONCERT FOR THE ANGELS!!!!!

The median income for a family in Jefferson County, Colorado is 67k with a population of 500k. The median income for a family in Black Hawk County, Iowa is 42k with a population of about 130k. I don't think there are that many people in Black Hawk County with deep pockets. Or whether the ones that do exist would even donate a significant amount to the park.

Also, big difference in using your plane to help search for two missing girls and donating lots of $$ to fund a park.

The 100k from the anonymous donor for the reward seems to be the biggest amount given for this case so far. I'm skeptical that there is some rich person out there who didn't donate when the girls were missing, but would donate to build the park, but who knows. Anyway, the fact that they don't even have a cost for this whole project (or they haven't released it) shows how unprepared and unorganized they are. JR's Park is estimated to cost $530k...I think Liz and Lyric's park would cost just as much, if not more. Raising 500k+ in donations is not going to be easy. I doubt they raised even close to that amount when the girls were missing and getting people to donate to "help find a missing child" has to be way easier than getting people to donate to fund a park.

TY for researching exactly what I was wondering about! :seeya: Isn't it POSSIBLE that a wealthy drug kingpin in Iowa might donate for reasons unknown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe