trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #130

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dog...I gotta go watch that!! :great:

Ya, that was priceless, but only because the witness continues to look at the Defense table and the def atty keeps giving her cues. I am glad JM is aware of it.

I hate hate HATE the way ALV uses "Mr Martinez" in an antagonistic tone. She might do it to try and redress the balance of power, as she seems to do it whenever he's one-upping her or whenever he has her flustered (which is a lot). Its not only irritating and childish but incredibly unprofessional. If she spoke to a man with temper problems and a domestic violence problem in a psychotherapy situation with the attitude she is displaying today he'd likely go home enraged.

I say let her continue, hope she keeps it up, she is getting played like a fiddle and is too stubborn to realize it. Love, Love, Loved when she said how people were interpreting the convo between her and JM, we're interpreting it all right, but I don't think she understands that is different from her own perception,

JUAN was like a Pin-Ball Wizard this morning!

Yes..... A Juanderful day!

I don't necessarily agree. I don't think she's a sharp as someone with say...a master degree could be.

She struggles with words. She has no concept of technology (as simple as an email). She doesn't seem to be too effective with simple answers without going into lecture-mode. She constantly looks for approval once she thinks she answered a question spectacularly. She constantly looks for a lifeline when she's drowning in Juan's ocean. In fact, I think she comes off quite insecure and inept actually.

She's an expert witness on the side that's defending a cold blooded murderer. So I don't think it's a far stretch to assume, she's on the lowest rung in her profession and THIS...is the best she can do in her field.

So in summation, I don't think she's playing off as some garden variety granny. I think she's a washed up confused person who probably won't work again in her chosen field.

Great post.....couldn't have said it better myself....thank you. Oh. Haha....oooopsy... You want me to ad again..oh, what a surprise....let me just go get my reading glasses.....Aarrrggggg.

Someone buy this woman a chain to wear these glasses around her neck !

How did it go today? I couldn't watch. What were the best things that happened and the worst, if anyone has the time!!!!

ALV did some EPIC gymnastics when trying to avoid answering anything about secondary gain in a straightforward manner. It was beautiful. :rocker:

i'm very confused by her saying that because it happened after the murder, JA's flirtiness with men at work----manipulation, according to HER BOSS---wasn't surprising.

how is that not surprising?? why in the world would an abused woman who killed her abuser be flirting with men 11 days after??

And she was grinding and making out just a few hours afterwards---and the DV expert tried to say that was a 'normal' response.

How did it go today? I couldn't watch. What were the best things that happened and the worst, if anyone has the time!!!!

Some of the highlights for me:
Juan pointing out that ALV discounted evidence that someone described Jodi as manipulative and pretending to be abused/acting like a victim when she was a teenager.
Juan pointing out that ALV discounted evidence that someone described Jodi as manipulative with men after the murder.
Juan pointing out the fact that ALV herself had questions about the gas cans and her trip to Mesa.
Juan pointing out the fact that ALV should have been aware of the fact that Jodi was known for lying, and that she did not check this information with anyone, like her parents. (Even if the clip won't be aired, the jury heard that bit).
Juan demonstrating to the jury that ALV is being evasive on any question posed by him (some of those questions were extremely clear yes or no, and she was just refusing to answer), her bias in evaluating evidence.

My personal favorite statement by her clearly demonstrating her bias "in DV situations both parties minimize what happened" in response to Juan asking her whether she has even considered HIS side of the story.

Some big moments this morning, including:
  • ALV yesterday: "I saw no evidence of X."
  • ALV today: "The preponderance of the evidence points to Y."
  • JM paints a clear picture of how ALV ignored or discarded all evidence that didn't fit her narrative. Like with RS, this kills credibility as an expert witness who needs to at least APPEAR unbiased.
  • JM: "Do you even have any memory of your notes regarding ... ?" Who cares what the ... is, that's a major slam. JM proves he knows her notes better than she does, and her ploy to avoid discovery by not creating a report doesn't mean she won't get impeached.

It's crazy to me that ALV is so willing to fight tooth and nail to defend Jodi's honor. She doesn't seem to care in the least about her credibility at this point.
I really am having a Juanderful day!:great:
BBM I made a similar comment yesterday. ALV and RS have defended Jodi more than Jodi defended herself. Starts with B and ends in IAS

I can understand Jodi not wanting to answer direct questions from JM. She's on trial for an admitted murder and trying to keep the needle out of her arm. Didn't like it, but still understand.

What I DON'T understand is the supposedly professional witness fencing with JM. Either her data is correct or not. PERIOD! ALV is beginning to look like SHE is the one on trial.

Are you trying to trick me Mr. Martinez ? Because I am not sure where you are going with this. Really? Wth?

She appears to be utterly clueless about how this inconsistency goes against Jodi's credibility regarding the "incident" on Jan 22nd of 2008, where she alleges that Travis kicked and broke her finger. By giving multiple stories (three in fact), this indicates that she has a sinister reason to lie about the bandaged finger injury observed by several people after the murder. That reason of course is that of the stories can be used to explain away her "broken" finger and therefore destroy her credibility. When she was interrogated on July 15th, she gave the first known story of this "broken" finger, attributing its deformity to a CUT, incurred on June 4th during the murder. This story created for Jodi a serious problem. Two years later, she wanted to attribute it to a fabricated account of physical violence to give her new defense strategy some form of corroboration but her prior story given on July 15th presented her with a conflict.

So she thought up another story for the bandaged finger, switching the finger injury to the right hand and testifying that she received it while picking up glass at Travis's house (she did try to obfuscate it a bit with the healed finger cut on May 30th). But now we learn that she told ANOTHER story about this cut finger to ALV, one that is irreconcilable with the story she gave on the stand. She failed to be consistent with her lies and this further exposes the truth concerning that bandaged finger -- it was indeed the finger on her left hand as she originally implied on July 15th and that her finger deformity did come as the result of a cut that severed her tendon. Why else the lies?

right. she lays her left hand right on that table and SHOWS det. flores where her left ring finger was cut by the ninjas. points to the line where it's healed. explains how messed up the finger is now. the ninjas did it! that was her first story and the only one remotely related to the truth.

I don't necessarily agree. I don't think she's a sharp as someone with say...a master degree could be.

She struggles with words. She has no concept of technology (as simple as an email). She doesn't seem to be too effective with simple answers without going into lecture-mode. She constantly looks for approval once she thinks she answered a question spectacularly. She constantly looks for a lifeline when she's drowning in Juan's ocean. In fact, I think she comes off quite insecure and inept actually.

She's an expert witness on the side that's defending a cold blooded murderer. So I don't think it's a far stretch to assume, she's on the lowest rung in her profession and THIS...is the best she can do in her field.

So in summation, I don't think she's playing off as some garden variety granny. I think she's a washed up confused person who probably won't work again in her chosen field.

I find it so strange that she is so technically challenged.. someone who is apparently still in the work force. How is this possible that she doesn't know about email or texting?

My mom is 80, been retired for almost 20 years and emails, texts, has a facebook account... etc.

Very strange...

Yes.
So we have 6 versions now... ?? Correct me if I am wrong..

1. Metal rack at work
2. Broken glass at Margaritaville
3. Broken glass at Travis' in the kitchen
4. Broken glass in tub when bathing Napoleon
5. Ninja did it
6. Cutting apples

Then, last night, on the NG show,
I see a newly released shower photo,
it shows a glass laying at the bottom of the shower.
It was just a quick peek before of course going to commercial.
Couldn't tell if it was broken.. but even so, I guess it just shows again there is always one miniscule bit of truth in the defendants story.
Seems she DID make eye contact with a glass and may have touched one that day. Gah!

Are we on a break now? I have meatballs and spaghetti.

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member