trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #130

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given what we've seen from ALV answering questions and some of the jury questions, wonder how ALV is going to handle questions from the jury? Might be our biggest opportunity to see JSS show if she has any mettle.

I asked my husband this but he's no help.

Here's my dilemma. I am able to watch trial at work via live stream but I have to minimize the screen when someone walks by and risk being interrupted by coworkers. Also, I can't always hear the best because I can't have the sound on too loud. But this is how I watch day-to-day. On my way home, I listen on my phone and then I race to my ipad when I get home. I also record HLN all day in case I miss something, but I only use that as a backup because of the ANNOYING commercials and other interruptions.

So today I have the opportunity to leave work early for a function that will take maybe 15 minutes to half an hour. But during that time, I won't be able to watch or listen on my phone. However, this would mean I would get home about half an hour earlier and be able to watch on my ipad with no interruptions.

What should I do? Stay at work to miss less or leave early, miss some, but get home early to be able to watch more without work interruptions?

These are the issues I face and no one else seems to understand!

I would say try and watch as much JM as you can (stay at work) because Willmott will do re-direct and it may even be later this afternoon. :)

hours, and then I had problems getting online for the last hour. Can anyone tell me if the Manifesto or Einstein's IQ were discussed this morning? The timeline thread isn't updated yet and I prefer the written summaries over having to watch all the videos to catch up. Thanks in advance.

No neither yet today.

any new info on the juan picture/mistrial for throwing pens motions?

Can I ask a stupid question? ALV is there to show that JA was a victim of domestic violence, just like RS was there to show that JA had PTSD. Do either of these things have anything to do with whether or not JA killed Travis with premeditation or not? Does it give her an excuse for killing him or wanting him dead? I can see it going both ways. JA was a victim of Travis's abuse and that gave her motivation to want to kill him.
Wouldn't those conditions be more applicable to mitigation after the guilt phase instead of using them to determine guilt? Even if we give the witnesses a pass and say they are 100% correct, how does that change whether or not JA planned the murder in advance or not? Or does it just affect how she should be punished?

To all the WSs saying ALV is playing up the granny type card, I agree 100%. I am sure that's why she keeps "forgetting" her glasses too. I bet a few of the jurors will have noted her support crew though!

I don't necessarily agree. I don't think she's a sharp as someone with say...a master degree could be.

She struggles with words. She has no concept of technology (as simple as an email). She doesn't seem to be too effective with simple answers without going into lecture-mode. She constantly looks for approval once she thinks she answered a question spectacularly. She constantly looks for a lifeline when she's drowning in Juan's ocean. In fact, I think she comes off quite insecure and inept actually.

She's an expert witness on the side that's defending a cold blooded murderer. So I don't think it's a far stretch to assume, she's on the lowest rung in her profession and THIS...is the best she can do in her field.

So in summation, I don't think she's playing off as some garden variety granny. I think she's a washed up confused person who probably won't work again in her chosen field.

BBM. I didn't say she was smart - did I ask you that? ;)

I'm not saying she's intelligent. All I'm saying is that she is/was playing at being thicker about computers and technology than she is as part of her granny mode. Also, though I appreciate ALV would have been coached, I don't recall her having one single problem answering any of JW's questions.

She's certainly lost some credibility today but I'm sure her network is strong enough with others still stuck in her era who do email ;) to support her. In the DV circle though, I think her keynote vs keynote breakout stuff up will be a popular joke for awhile.

What's happened to the manifesto? Will it come back?

I'm thinking the manifesto was written in prison.

Everything is always about Jodi.

Therefore, the manifesto is about Jodi in prison.

She sees herself as an Einsteinette capable of pulling off the perfect murder so why not reform the prison system while they are graced with her presence.

In her mind, she will be released and become a world renown artist while writing best selling books in her spare time.

I have to go lay down. I might not be able to watch this afternoon, and I am so mad at myself!

Well you all hold down the fort and more importantly...

GO JUAN! Justice for Travis and his family and friends.
I hear you. I think I watched so much coverage yesterday, online and on TV, that I gave myself migraines...

She can rely on hearsay, as an expert. But that doesn't mean the jury gets to see it.

It is hearsay because the dad is not in court making the statement.

Willmott wanted ALV to view the whole tape with the defendant's dad and Detective Flores, so the comment wasn't taken out of context.

I kinda think that is what is happening right now b/c the judge told the bailiffs that the defendant needed to be back at 1pm.

she even said something like 'i'd do that myself'!!!!! WOW.

Well, she may do what others may do, but I don't think too many people will be following in Alyce's footsteps after this trial is over.

Killing time. So I guess we are not going to see the 1pm hearing...

Cupcake_dog_gif.gif

Radar, I love your pics. Also, can you bring back the guy that was eating popcorn???? It always makes me laugh!!!

I sure would like one of those cupcakes.

Here's my dilemma. I am able to watch trial at work via live stream but I have to minimize the screen when someone walks by and risk being interrupted by coworkers. Also, I can't always hear the best because I can't have the sound on too loud. But this is how I watch day-to-day. On my way home, I listen on my phone and then I race to my ipad when I get home. I also record HLN all day in case I miss something, but I only use that as a backup because of the ANNOYING commercials and other interruptions.

So today I have the opportunity to leave work early for a function that will take maybe 15 minutes to half an hour. But during that time, I won't be able to watch or listen on my phone. However, this would mean I would get home about half an hour earlier and be able to watch on my ipad with no interruptions.

What should I do? Stay at work to miss less or leave early, miss some, but get home early to be able to watch more without work interruptions?

I understand - I can only read here at work during the day. We are not allowed earphones or earbuds. So my WS window is always minimized and I miss the actual live trial. So, at home after dinner I head to Youtube on my Kindle and watch the days events that way. It's actually better in some ways for me because I can pause and talk about it, and whiz past the sidebars. I would rather watch live but since I can't I make due.

Just do what you have to do and catch up later at home. It's not the end of the world if you can't watch it live. Juan is just as great in re-runs!

you should just go. every time i have freaked out about missing part of this trial - suddenly court was cancelled for the rest of the day.

Definitely don't worry about missing 1/2 hr - it will probably be mostly sidebar.

I hate hate HATE the way ALV uses "Mr Martinez" in an antagonistic tone. She might do it to try and redress the balance of power, as she seems to do it whenever he's one-upping her or whenever he has her flustered (which is a lot). Its not only irritating and childish but incredibly unprofessional. If she spoke to a man with temper problems and a domestic violence problem in a psychotherapy situation with the attitude she is displaying today he'd likely go home enraged.

Initially I didn't find anything wrong with her saying "Mr. Martinez", but now I realize it's a stand-in for "you azzhole".

I broiled a steak, and made mash potato's, and green peas for dinner..

My darling husband has been eating cold sammies, crock pot meals since the start of this trial..Thought I would surprise him tonight lol

ready for court...bring on JM!

o/t for a second:

I learned last week you can make awesome baked potatoes in a crockpot - instead of the oven or microwave.

Wash the taters, poke holes in them with a fork, wrap them in foil, place them in a crockpot on low for 7-8 hours depending how many you put in and how big the potatoes are.

DH can cook the steaks in 10 minutes on the grill or broiler while I'm busy watching the trial.

I think such a lovely dinner will have you covered for yet another week of cold sammies! :floorlaugh:

ya know, I got to thinking..I was wondering just how many of our husbands/life partners, b/friends, g/friends have been eating cold meals since the trial started? lol

its all Jodies fault...:furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member