trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #130

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm feeling some GA deja vu right now.

Whooooosh...and there goes Daddy under the bus.

Shame on you, Wilmott!! Repeating the lie about Travis being the only one who lied. And now JA's dad, too. For shame!!!

Back in courtroom to discuss now that ALV has watched entire video of JA's father interview.

Juan just said this expert ALV ... "did shoddy work".
(jury not present)

It's 87 today and I'm glad this trial forces me to do my gardening between 8 and 11. Central VA, here. Last weekend, we were wearing sweatshirts.

Now, JW is discussing the "CONTEXT" of the video in regards to her opinion. Nope, it doesn't change her mind!

OMG!

OMG!! JW wants to portray JA"s father as a liar:furious::furious::furious::furious:

I can understand Jodi not wanting to answer direct questions from JM. She's on trial for an admitted murder and trying to keep the needle out of her arm. Didn't like it, but still understand.

What I DON'T understand is the supposedly professional witness fencing with JM. Either her data is correct or not. PERIOD! ALV is beginning to look like SHE is the one on trial.

And that made her lose all credibility. She is a nightmare witness. Like able at first and now just looks combative, evasive and dishonest.

Someone asked for a nutshell:

Juan, dialed down from his 11 yesterday to about a 7, is getting at whether or not knowing that JA is a liar would influence her opinion of domestic violence and giving specific examples of it. ALV has decided she is incapable of saying the words "yes" or "no". Lots of sustained objections by Juan for non responsiveness and lots of over ruled objections by defense for.....not liking the questions,

Best bi for me was Juan telling the Judge he was trying to impeach LAV when Wilmott raised an objection due to LAV's notes not being in evidence.

Some of the highlights for me:
Juan pointing out that ALV discounted evidence that someone described Jodi as manipulative and pretending to be abused/acting like a victim when she was a teenager.
Juan pointing out that ALV discounted evidence that someone described Jodi as manipulative with men after the murder.
Juan pointing out the fact that ALV herself had questions about the gas cans and her trip to Mesa.
Juan pointing out the fact that ALV should have been aware of the fact that Jodi was known for lying, and that she did not check this information with anyone, like her parents. (Even if the clip won't be aired, the jury heard that bit).
Juan demonstrating to the jury that ALV is being evasive on any question posed by him (some of those questions were extremely clear yes or no, and she was just refusing to answer), her bias in evaluating evidence.

My personal favorite statement by her clearly demonstrating her bias "in DV situations both parties minimize what happened" in response to Juan asking her whether she has even considered HIS side of the story.

Thank you to all who answered!!!

Given what we've seen from ALV answering questions and some of the jury questions, wonder how ALV is going to handle questions from the jury? Might be our biggest opportunity to see JSS show if she has any mettle.

She will just lecture. No one will be able to keep her on track.

any new info on the juan picture/mistrial for throwing pens motions?

What the heck is that about and also, what about a murder manifesto?

Wow... Willmott looks so upset... like she's the one on trial.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sort of OT but i chuckled after tuning in on JW going on at the mouth with regarding the video while the camera panned over to JM......picking a little speck of lint off his suit! LOL! too funny!

why don't they just put Jodi's dad on the stand and ask HIM what the truth is. I know he is extremely ill, but couldn't he testify by phone?

Actually Wilma isn't being truthful the father of JA said she has not been truthful since she was 14.

Meaning she has been lying to them for 14 plus years.

Bad call by the judge.

Speaking of teenagers Ms.Willmott, your babbling comes across as a petulant teenager not getting what she wants. All that's missing is her stomping her feet!

so the father has the motive to not be truthful according to the defense

anigif_enhanced-buzz-19342-1355608696-6.gif

Objection sustained but state can inquire if the clip made a difference to ALV's opinion

Seriously, judge???!! You listened and agreed with Wilmott's complete pile of bs??? Another shame!!

Ok, at least she's letting Juan ask about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie