trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #131

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's annoying me that ALV has an entourage with her in the courtroom. What expert witness brings their own cheering section to court?

One that's been a big fish in a little pond for decades.

Now she's out of her depth, with a shark chasing her, and she needs a safety net.

Old school domestic violence 101 used to preach that anger is the reason for abuse. And LaViolette is a strong proponent for court-ordered anger management as a solution, in part, to domestic violence.

I see abuse as entirely about control with anger being one of many manifestations utilized to establish and maintain control. I am against court-ordered anger management therapies because I believe they have the ability to teach an abuser to adapt and be more covert. Especially true with psychopathic abusers. (Research shows a moderate success rate looking purely at recidivism in arrests. Victims have a much different opinion according to a lot of the same research.)

It seems to me and my 'untrained brain' that LaViolette is using an antiquated notion of the causation of domestic violence itself. Travis expresses anger openly while Jodi is more subtly (raging) passive-aggressive among a whole list of other emotional manipulators very often used by abusers to control their victims. If I were only looking for anger...apart from the crime itself, and precluded any other manifestation as evidence of an abusive relationship, I'm not certain I'd see her as an abuser either.

I'm not defending LaViolette as I do honestly believe she's dangerous in her own way. I think it just hit me why I see black where she sees white and vice versa. The past few decades of research flies in the face of her testimony regardless.

MOO

If Travis, or any man for that matter, had been leaving stuff at JA's doorstep, or breaking into their home to sleep on their couch or in their bed, she would be screaming TERRORISM, but because it was a woman doing all of that to a man, it must be some of that "normal stalking" she talked about. I think she thinks that men can't be afraid of a woman doing stuff like that, but women can be and that makes it different.

The interesting thing to me was that, sometime last week or the week before, somebody had a quote from ALV about how "studies show" that most abusers are men and victims are women -- that there are no studies showing that men can be victims in anywhere near the numbers that women can.

Bet there will be studies after this case is finished!

Anyone have the final part of today's testimony (after the afternoon break)? I can't seem to locate it anywhere.

I wonder if ALV is found to be so biased or the bases of her opinions so unscientific if that could be grounds for Appeals for those convicted based on her testimony?

If I were a man who'd lost custody of my kids, I would already have been on the phone to my lawyer.

I also believe that JW is using the "fist under chin" gesture when ALV appears to be weakening--anyone else notice this? (It always reminds of the moms on Toddlers & Tiaras coaching their kids through the dance routines.)

-

Copied over. I noticed this today too. The camera shots were one after another of JW then ALV <modsnip>.

I am not a fan of ALV, but in her defense, why did the DT let her get on the stand without telling her the evidence?? It's almost like they set her up??
Are they not allowed to tell ALV JA's side of the story?? Shouldn't JA have told ALV what she planned on testifying to?

Although I agree that it seems this is what the defense did it also seems that she did not do an unbiased investigation or report. She did quite a few things that point to that and her further investigation after she spoke to Juan seemed to be directed at supporting her bias and opinion on this case. It is troubling to think that she may have had a say on father's losing custody or even visitation due to her seemingly bias in believing one side only. Here she is in this case standing up and fighting for a known fabricator and worse, murderer. What is the worse of all is in her making Travis an abuser and believing him a pedophile with no proof what so ever. She can blame all the other on not gaining access but she only has herself to blame for stating such things about Travis with no facts at ll.

ALV today in regards to the Sex Tape. She was acting all ewww about sex in general and when Juan asked her if TA and JA sounded like they were enjoying themselves she said, "Mr Martinez have you ever seen When Harry Met Sally?" WHAT?! Everyday I think I'm going to wake up but I don't. Help

I think JA changed her testimony too so DT couldn't make ALV aware of some stuff or should I say a lot of stuff.

ALV wants to cut the baby in half...she wants to say that she was ONLY hired to analyze DV, but then whenever she is given new information to include in analysis...she claims she would not change the diagnosis.

Also...just learned the police interviewed Bobby Juarez?? When, where...and were is he now?

Hard to explain...but the dynamic duo, in matching blue, looked like kissy faced 5th graders---like two bffs, all smiling and sharing secrets and smiling at whispering in each others ears and going on like that for 5 or 6 minutes it seems...

Jodi looked so happy and almost elated. She looked like she was greeting her best friend
at a party and they were gossiping about the other peeps there. She seemed to have no idea that her star expert witness just called her a murderer on the stand and admitted that she based her entire assessment on the lies she had been told.

She's in a constant FOG of DENIAL

ALV keeps answering her questions about jealousy/stalking based on how the OBJECTS of JA's jealousy/stalking reacted. It's as if Jodi's ACTIONS were not a pattern of jealousy/stalking, regardless of how her VICTIMS reacted. It isn't JODI'S fault if they did not fear for their lives and/or call police.

If the guy wasn't fearful for his life, then Jodi must not have been stalking them; she was just having trouble letting go. If there was not a violent confrontation between JA and Bianca, the new girlfriend of Jodi's EX-boyfriend, then Jodi dropping everything and driving up to Crater Lake to confront the new girlfriend in the middle of the night was not jealous behavior or stalking. It was not jealousy/stalking when Jodi moved 1,000 miles to live near Travis AFTER they broke up. It was not jealousy/stalking when Jodi showed up unexpectedly (over and over) at Travis's house, peered in through windows, crawled in through the doggy door, hacked into his email, social networks, and BANK ACCOUNTS, and possibly slashed tires is not stalking because Travis put up with it because she deflected all his protests with kinky sex and he fell for it.

I wonder if ALV will agree that Travis being brutally SLAUGHTERED because Jodi would not let go was part of a pattern of stalking or just an aberration. My guess is that Travis was pretty damn fearful in those last moments of his life.

It's pretty obvious that Jodi WAS easily able to let go of Travis once she murdered him. She drove straight to the next guy and immediately commenced to grinding. When questioned about it, she said: "Well, I WAS single." Yup, she IS able to let go if the circumstances are just right.

Since you all have watched this from the beginning, has anyone (JM) asked ALV is she has ever found the man to be the victim of abuse or if she has ever found a woman to be the instigator in abusing her male partner?

ALV wants to cut the baby in half...she wants to say that she was ONLY hired to analyze DV, but then whenever she is given new information to include in analysis...she claims she would not change the diagnosis.

Also...just learned the police interviewed Bobby Juarez?? When, where...and were is he now?

Wait! I thought bobby Juarez died?

ALV has, shall we say, been hoisted on her own petards. And, now we know where Dominick Dunne's eyeglasses went.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I kept trying to think where I had seen those glasses!
You are so right! They were Dominick's :floorlaugh:

Oh and....
:welcome::welcome6:

i know, the dt had to know how Juan would cross and they just let her hang..or they assumed they would be able to get judge to keep it all out..

They underestimate him on a daily basis. Lucky for us.:great:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member