trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #131

Status
Not open for further replies.
The jury will wonder why her parents did not testify for her in this phase,when the DT says we rest your honor!

Could she go against the defense and start agreeing with the prosecution?

I don't like her at all.... But... I think she was somewhat duped.

Doesn't the military go through some sort of training if they are a POW they never give up information? JW may have put her through that.

Am I crazy or does goofy forensic guy on Dr Drew who KNEW Jodi and Travis have a theory that actually makes a lot of sense with the evidence?
I have always thought the "gun jammed" in the ninja account was born from a possibility that that is in fact why she had to stab Travis. .... Do I need to have a bath now and get to bed?

Because it's Jodi. I think the story was Jodi moved to Mesa and rented a room with a young Mormon woman in the ward, and something about Jodi telling her about Travis and sex and then the woman and her boyfriend eloped and then wanted a real wedding in another state. Jodi threw them under the bus for having sex before the ceremony. It's a very convoluted story but aren't all of Jodi's?

thanks for that,
Did she get a job in Mesa?

I think Travis had her figured out.She was going to use his circle of friends and he threatened to out her.Hence she couldn't get rid of him so she killed him.I really think she had help in planning this.
What was it about Travis that had Jodi so obsessed? She's not a bad looking girl and dating guys wasn't a problem for her. I just don't understand stand why she slaughtered him and why would she think that she'd get away with it. Travis seemed to be a nice guy...a cheater but nice. He wasn't worth throwing a life away in prison or death. I just don't understand people who think they can commit the perfect murder. It's ridiculous to believe you're smarter than everyone because at that point, you're so smart until you're STUPID!

Come on Pink, let's not start parsing sentences. ;)

You're right. If she would at least support her opinion rather than simply insist she's right (without actually saying it, but by her unwillingness to answer even the simplest question or acknowledge any possible alternative t her own conclusions we have no other choice but to assume it is the case) we could at least engage in some kind of meaningful debate involving differing points of view. This is just a silly exercise in "na-na-na-na-nah-na, I'm not gonna admit I'm wronnnng."

:cow:

EXCELLENT POST! She's hanging herself and has NO ONE to blame but herself.

Some have posted JA will find it different in prison.

What is the difference between prison and jail? They both have bars. Anyone?

Can you explain to me how Travis was cheating? Was it like Matt McCartney was cheating, blissfully unaware he was still in a relationship with Jodi?

The murder can be summed up as follows: Jodi can break up with you. You don't get to break up with Jodi.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I thought he was seeing and definitely flirting with other women while in an official relationship with Jodi. Aren't there texts messages between Travis and other women that would be deemed inappropriate if he was dating someone?

He looks like a turtle that can't get back into his shell, but definately wants to.

Let's remember Nurmi never wanted to take this case to begin with. I think he deserves some slack.
Yep. He tried to get out of it but no luck. He got stuck with her. Poor guy.

Everytime I think of domestic violent victims that the court sided with the female ...I think of little Sky Metawala ...he has been missing for a long time now ...he was in the custody of his mother. She was ..is trully evil as is ja.

Those of us who follow the abuse and murder of babies,and child we have seen evil woman over and over again.Abusiveness IMO is more balanced then what the stats show because they are based on male /female and do not include all the children who are abused and or murdered by either the mother s doing or the mother standing by while her partner does the abusing.Most men are just like Travis,they never call police because they feel they will not be taken seriously and for the most part that is very true.Men have started support groups and they are continually shot down and laughed at by the females who ridicule them for not being manly! If you include ex wives and ex girlfriends that routinely use the family court system to emotionally,mentally and intentionally abuse fathers I bet the numbers would be even or higher then male on female abuse.JMO But my son has gone thru it and still keeps fighting for his son.

What was it about Travis that had Jodi so obsessed? She's not a bad looking girl and dating guys wasn't a problem for her. I just don't understand stand why she slaughtered him and why would she think that she'd get away with it. Travis seemed to be a nice guy...a cheater but nice. He wasn't worth throwing a life away in prison or death. I just don't understand people who think they can commit the perfect murder. It's ridiculous to believe you're smarter than everyone because at that point, you're so smart until you're STUPID!

It wasn't anything about Travis. It has nothing to do with how good looking JA is (NOT my opinion btw) or how easy it was for her to get dates. JA didn't view Travis as a life to be thrown away or a crime to commit, she viewed him as an object to use and when he no longer served his purpose and when he enraged her and rejected her and she could no longer control him, she used sex as her weapon and she killed him. There is no more need to ponder why she (a 'good looking girl') would kill than we would question why any other killer would kill. She's a psychopath. She doesn't feel regret or remorse. She doesn't feel period. She probably realized she would get caught at some point and she probably banked on (and is still banking on) not being held accountable, because she has lawyers and witnesses and experts to work for her and she has jurors who will excuse her and pity her and let her walk free like she has done all of her pathetic life. She is no different or no better than any other predator, well - maybe worse. She just gets more attention. And she will rot in a hotter corner of hell for what she's doing to Travis' loved ones.

Actually, this is something that I have no problem believing. My husband got the wooden spoon from his mom and I got the back of a hairbrush from mine (on the back of the thighs). I don't believe she was hit often though.

Maybe it was actually a comb....we all know JA has a kernel of truth among all her lies. Good Grief I Despise Her.

Some have posted JA will find it different in prison.

What is the difference between prison and jail? They both have bars. Anyone?

From what I heard, prison is a lot better than jail because you get more privileges like a tv in your cell and some other perks.

Why didn't ALV ever tell JM that texts are nonverbal?

Hahaha...Tell the truth! You're just hoping we don't have to listen to the entire cross again with leading questions after each point!

:what:

I know what you mean!

moo

You've got that nailed! Exactly what she'll do. I'll be able to get something done because I'm sure not listening to that!

How is willful ignorance any sort of justification in an expert witness???? She never bothered to keep up with current research and understanding. Even when she wanted to do a bit more research she says the DT prevented her. She could have walked at any time.

She chose to remain ignorant in all sorts of ways. She chose to make the lives of countless couples out there miserable and worse, because of fanaticism co-opting outmoded thought. Geez. She and her outdated views are a danger to the trusting, damaged, vulnerable and gullible. She really knows how to work that old-fashioned lady persona, a very compelling facade that sucks people in.

She hasn't sucked me in though. I don't feel she is qualified to be an expert witness and I certainly don't believe she should be counseling others, giving seminars, etc.

I don't believe my post ever intimated otherwise. If it does, that certainly was not its implication. It's more a 'well, no wonder she can't, won't, or doesn't see what's clear as day for me'. My "Well duh, Kate!" moment for the day. ;)

Please pardon errors as posted via Tapatalk with a less than stellar user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993