trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #131

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any sane, decent person -- regardless of gender -- would give an "Aw! He'll naw!" to this hideous little bit of AVL batshit crazy.

I agree, and I turned off her ridiculous rAnt at that point about the rope. Batshitcrazytalk!

I don't think ALV is hurting for money. Her business has two locations in the LA area. She gets paid for speeches on the weekends, expert witnessing, and also, according to her website, being a script consultant re dv issues.
Everything you mentioned may soon be in past tense. I don't think this mistake will be ignored by the community she has worked so hard for. Peeps are fickle like that.

I was more disappointed by the judge today than I was by anything else. Geez, the "expert witness" berated and taunted and failed to respond the ENTIRE DAY?

Okkkayy.

Been here. Done this. I will not be surprised here. I will now attempt to back out slowly.

I am not a "Juanette". I respect JM because he fights for the right of the victim. He fought against all odds today. The judge was not there to ensure a level playing field.

moo

Thanks, Pink! I for one think that the "Juanette" thing is a little overdone, myself. No offense to "Juanettes", as I know some of you are simply fans of his zeal. Others, however, seem to be more crush-oriented. Just my observation, and nobody should care what I think about that anyway.

:cow:

Yes, and when Travis didn't marry her (or want to and called her out on her sociapathic tendencies)-- she snapped. :twocents:

She def used sex as a weapon.

For sure. I also believe one of the main reasons Jodi felt she "had" Travis hooked was the sex. If he married her it was something that would forever stay between them. In other words in her mind Travis had to marry her to make it right. IMO

I don't think ALV is hurting for money. Her business has two locations in the LA area. She gets paid for speeches on the weekends, expert witnessing, and also, according to her website, being a script consultant re dv issues.

After this trial I doubt ALV will be able to find work in her field of domestic violence. Maybe she can do seminars for "expert witnesses" talking about "how you can sabotage your career as an expert witness".

Listen to Tricia's show from Sunday. Wendy Murphy says there's no way ALV will ever have credibility in a courtroom again.

Goodnight All!

l_332f90a0-f881-11e1-ba4c-7de9e9000007.jpg

I've never seen KN more disinterested in being there than today. I would love to have a drink with him off the record about all this.

"You were still old fashioned. You were EVEN OLDER when you went to talk to her, right?"

LOL

That had to be the best line of today.

I've really tried to give her the benefit of the doubt -- a habit, I think, of extending professional courtesy to other professionals and assuming they are competent and giving it their all unless proven otherwise -- but I after what I've heard about today it just seems impossible to do that any longer. There was definitely a line crossed, and that should have been the end of it the first time she was blatantly disrepectful to JM. It's one thing to have heated exchanges, but professionals need to act professionally. The more I see of her, the less I am able to extend that adjective to her behavior.

Others may still find her corpus of work exemplary and find within that a reason to excuse her, but I simply can't get myself to that place. I know how I'd act in a similar situation, and no matter how angry I was, I would never conduct myself like a truculent child. Shame on you, Alyce. You should know better and those who've believed in you deserved better. You are not one-upping JM; you are simply coming off as a stubborn, unpolished boor with a chip on your shoulder the size of Arizona. This spectacle is a disgrace to your profession and to any professional worthy of the name.

:cow:

I've always wondered... what is the perfect response to "Are you still beating your wife? Yes or No."

(not that that's what's going on here, but just what would an experienced witness say, or be allowed to say?)

My margins hurt.....what happened?

This is EXACTLY why she didn't write a report, and it was like pulling teeth to geteven the frickin the notes. The DT fought and fought it.
I'm wondering now if DeMarte wrote a report, because Alyce seemed to know DeMarte's opinion in some of her testimony.

If DeMarte didn't write a report, the DT would have been screaming that it was a prosecution stunt designed to violate the rules of discovery and that she should be barred from testifying.

Wait a minute, most of today was done out of the presence of the jury? I'm watching the youtube videos with no sidebars.

If we get a good, all day court with no delays or intrusions, does anyone think Juan could finish tomorrow?
If there really ARE a lot of jury questions that make it through, I'm guessing ALV has at least all week next week, too. First we have to get through Jenny's re-direct.
I don't think ALV thought this would take so long. Bet it's messing up her speaking schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie