trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #131

Status
Not open for further replies.
who is the 3rd?

Mitigation lady. One of the ones that 'cracked up' when ALV asked if JM was mad at her the other day. She likes to whisper to JA almost as much as JW and loves to text/type on her phone all day.

She insinuated herself alright. She was on the path to entrenching herself. Think about it... got her self baptized, glommed onto to HIS friends, she packed all of her belongings, turned up in Mesa with what appeared to be no plan at all .. no job, no place to live etc.... and then began to unravel (according to her parents) when it all didn't come together.

She also further insinuates herself, by borrowing his car 24/7, making financial obligations to him regarding buying his car and they would need to stay in contact for that, and working IN HIS HOME when she couldn't keep her waitress jobs. By the way, there are hundreds of restaurants in Mesa, but she couldn't keep employment at any of them? I think she didn't WANT to be employed in Mesa so Travis would feel pressured to be her white knight and just let her live with him.

They just have to "Answer the question". :floorlaugh:

Really, every question is like listening to a game dodgeball being played and i'd be annoyed if I were Juan too. She's trolling this along and really trying to play him. :twocents:

I've always wondered... what is the perfect response to "Are you still beating your wife? Yes or No."

(not that that's what's going on here, but just what would an experienced witness say, or be allowed to say?)

Mitigation lady. One of the ones that 'cracked up' when ALV asked if JM was mad at her the other day. She likes to whisper to JA almost as much as JW and loves to text/type on her phone all day.

Thanks a lot.
Do you know where she sits?

From what I heard, prison is a lot better than jail because you get more privileges like a tv in your cell and some other perks.

But...but...but I don't want her to get TV.

I want her to get the well deserved needle.

I keep thinking about ALV and her professed lack of knowledge about email, texting, etc. I don't believe she is as ignorant as she says she is on the subject, but if she IS, then she is just plain STUPID not to educate herself if she chooses to continue to work in her chosen field.

Just communicating with the defense team, let alone anyone else she comes in contact with, makes it REQUIRED to, at the very least, have email. Have you ever tried to reach a lawyer on the phone and/or have them get back to you? Yeah, good luck with THAT. At least with email you send a message the way YOU want to word it (not misinterpreted by a go-between), at any TIME you want to word it, even if it is 3:30am, and boom! Off it goes. Texting might not work as well businesswise, due to the interruption factor, but it is STILL nearly essential when people need to communicate short and to the point, depending upon the situation. Letters and phone calls have their places, but keeping up with a fast-moving case in the 21st century isn't one of them. I suspect the defense team have many email addresses and some of them are used SOLELY for this case, with others solely for certain people or aspects of the case.

Unless she has a budget throwaway cellphone or a really old one or no data plan, there's no excuse for her not to have texting available. She probably wants to force people to communicate face-to-face or by telephone with her so that they keep up their own social skills and she can read verbal and non-verbal cues from them, but that's VERY outdated thinking, AND she would, once again, trying to force her own way of doing things on others. There is a whole 'nother world of stalking, domestic violence, intimidation, and even tenderness contained within the world of email, texting and social networking. GPS is another aspect of 21st century stalking that she should keep up on. The concept of Skype might make her head explode.

And then there are all the uses for non-email/texting aspects of the on-line world that she may not know how to do. Googling, for one. There is on-line banking, on-line news, domestic violence forums, appointment scheduling, on-line account access for everything from public utility acounts to Readers' Digest accounts and everything in between. Unless you've already put yourself out to pasture or don't have the means, physical ability, and/or overall access to these things, there's no excuse NOT to be using at least the basics to get things done in the modern world. It doesn't mean most basic things can't still be done, but more and more places REQUIRE internet access if you want to deal with them. One ironic example of that is Amazon.com. You KNOW she has to have an Amazon account! In fact, I think she mentioned that during her testimony regarding sending books to JA. You have to have an email account to use THAT, too. Of course, she could have directed someone else to do it for her, but that's kind of pathetic, and it doesn't exactly make me think of her as a strong, capable woman.

I keep thinking of my elderly Mom (she turns 80 this year) who has only gotten to the point over the last year or so where she'll at least make herself a cup of tea with her microwave, rather than using a kettle on the stove. ALV is about 65; not THAT old. Being set in one's ways is understandable to a degree, but if you can't keep up with something that the average person has taken for granted for 15-20 years (longer for those of us who started using email in the 1980s, or even earlier for some techhies), then you shouldn't be playing in the grown-up pool, plain and simple.

I can't even believe the argument that JW made for that "sound bite" not getting into evidence.

I haven't heard one thing in this case that corroborates the fact that Jodi was abused in the past.

I've always wondered... what is the perfect response to "Are you still beating your wife? Yes or No."

(not that that's what's going on here, but just what would an experienced witness say, or be allowed to say?)

the answer is 'no' (unless you ARE still beating your wife.)

if you've NEVER beat your wife that will have to be cleared up on redirect.

If we get a good, all day court with no delays or intrusions, does anyone think Juan could finish tomorrow?
If there really ARE a lot of jury questions that make it through, I'm guessing ALV has at least all week next week, too. First we have to get through Jenny's re-direct.
I don't think ALV thought this would take so long. Bet it's messing up her speaking schedule.

If the jury has questions, then each answer will consist of a speach. This trial will be over in July.

What we need is lip readers around here for like that and the courtroom. Is there not one Verified Lip Reader at WS? :please:

I heard Dr Drew mention he'll have on lip readers on his show tomorrow night to find out what JA and Willmott were talking about. I want to watch it!

If we get a good, all day court with no delays or intrusions, does anyone think Juan could finish tomorrow?
If there really ARE a lot of jury questions that make it through, I'm guessing ALV has at least all week next week, too. First we have to get through Jenny's re-direct.
I don't think ALV thought this would take so long. Bet it's messing up her speaking schedule.

Gonna be downgraded to keynote breakouts.

Reminds me of that great line from the film, Sunset Boulevard.

William Holden says to Gloria Swanson, "Didn't you used to be big?"

She replies, "I still am. It's the screens that got smaller."

With every "boyfriend" she had, she was into some sort of religion. That was part of facade (to blend in)

Bobby Juarez- ??
MM- Wicca
DB - Buddhism
Travis - Mormon

Travis was the only one who had money.

What makes you think JA was obsessed with TA? I guess everybody has a definition of "successful". TA worked for PPL, did not have a college education. Not sure if JA would have ever heard of the Mormon church had it not been for TA..HE was the one that told her of his Book of Mormon..HE baptized her. I don't see how JA used TA for religion for gain as you say.

With every "boyfriend" she had, she was into some sort of religion. That was part of facade (to blend in)

Bobby Juarez- ??
MM- Wicca
DB - Buddhism
Travis - Mormon

Juarez was the Vampire Hunter, if I recall. We could probably take any number of guesses on that one. ;)

Bobby Juarez- ??
MM- Wicca
DB - Buddhism
Travis - Mormon

Bobby Juarez = :dracula:

I heard Dr Drew mention he'll have on lip readers on his show tomorrow night to find out what JA and Willmott were talking about. I want to watch it!

Watch tomorrow they will use their hands to cover their mouths now that DDREW announced it.

GOOD!:furious:

But...but...but I don't want her to get TV.

I want her to get the well deserved needle.

If she gets the death penalty, then she will be in isolation. She can sing and talk to herself, and when she finishes with that, then she can do headstands.

Bobby Juarez- ??
MM- Wicca
DB - Buddhism
Travis - Mormon

Elle - bobby was the VAMPIRE HUNTER!! lol Is that a religion??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong