trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #131

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning, y'all

Less than an hour before Juan continues his impeachment of Ms ALV.

Justice is coming!

Waaah. I'm already getting "connection timed out" messages...nooooooo. There's not even 300 peeps on this thread :(

HALP.

I want JM to ask ALV to explain Jodi's move to Mesa, since there's no evidence Travis encouraged her to move there, and she moved several weeks after he began dating Lisa.

Morning, y'all

Less than an hour before Juan continues his impeachment of Ms ALV.

Justice is coming!

How do you do an "assessment" by only interviewing the defendant and not interviewing anyone else?? By "reading" some other things provided to her by the defense team, she believes this is a valid "assessment"? How can this be?

I am still gobsmacked that she never even wrote a report or summary. Nothing. Zip, zed, nada, zilch.

She allowed for fluidity in what supports her opinion. Now it's hard to nail her down on exactly what it is she relies on to hold the view that Jodi is a victim. When Juan chips away at individual instances in her notes she will just keep on invoking the vague "big picture". To me it shows she intended to be insincere and slippery. The woman is so biased, it reeks.

The DT's whole cic is like jello.

edited to change the word "report' to 'notes'

lastnight watching HLN after dark the question came up.. Why have sex with him ... Then kill him? (They were saying it makes no sense)

The answer is, she wanted to make SURE she was his last.. That he had sex (in her mind made LOVE to her) last.. It is important to a SICK mind like Jodi's... "I will be your last" ...

Totally agree. Just because we can't figure out why someone might do some wacky thing doesn't mean that there needs to be a logical explanation.

We have ALaV, matron who teaches grown men to heel. We also have the prosecutor's Yes or No format, which allows him to guide the questioning and block her prodigious answers and there is no way she is going to conform. After all, she wrote a book on how to perform as a forensic expert witness. She would be letting down the side, violating her own tenets and yielding to a Mister.

The worst dead end she backed down yesterday was full of stalkers. All kinds. In court, she and Martinez had agreed on the definition of stalking, a term drawn from the imposing architecture of The Great Curriculum. Harassing, following, intimidating, pestering, peeping, intruding &/or inflicting repeated unwanted communications, threatening. But yesterday, she was asked to consider stalking in relation to the defendant's behavior. Gorp! Suddenly, ALaV began twice to insist that stalking means to instill FEAR. She never finished the interruption. However, confronted with testimony that Travis was indeed fearful of the defendant's stalking, she baldly refused to believe that evidence. Now she had not only backed over her own foot, she knew not where to look. It was now conspicuously apparent that she credits information that supports her client as abused, violently abused and discredits any and all contradictory evidence. She has fallen in a heap at the bottom of a cul de sac, at the mercy of the great variety of stalkers who grace our midst.

How silly that they still have JA's chair so low to the floor. It's obvious to everyone including the jury that this is a deceptive ploy by the DT, evidenced every time JA and Willmott are standing up. JA is several inches taller than Willmott, and Willmott is wearing high heels. This DT is ridiculous, imo.

It is scary easy to get sucked in by a sociopath with narcissistic tendencies. They also hone in on people with certain personality traits that make them more susceptible to the sociopath's tactics. JW may be one of those people, Nurmi may not be. JW seems to have been sucked in. Eventually she will figure it out when the sociopath no longer has need for her and turns on her. Then JW will be left to try to figure out what happened to her during this relationship with JA. IMO it wil deeply affect her and she will spend a lot of time and energy trying to sort it out and figure out how not to be a victim to the next sociopath that comes along. Sociopaths leave a long line of victims behind them and never look back.

I agree with your take on socio's however I do think JW is well aware of what her Client truly is. When Trial first started the chill at that table was evident. I think JW needed to change that up to further humanize her Client. IMO

I know this may be redundant....and I can't keep up so I apologize in advance if someone answered me before, but do any of the legal eagles here have a GUESS as to when well go into rebuttal?? I'm actually dreading leaving for vacation because of what I might miss!!! Helpppp meeee!!! (with just a general ballpark guess). TIA!!
HINT: Ms Wilmott is taking copious notes for her redirect of ALV.

Someone needs to make little Juan emoticons!

We need to alert Kimster! She is the best at creating those just for us. She did that with HH JP during that Casey Anthony trial lol :D

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

A note about name changes and nicknames for case players, from our Rules Etiquette & Information Thread:

"Derogatory Name Changes to Case Players/General Name Calling

In an effort to keep case discussion constructive, name calling, general bashing and using derogatory name variations for any of the case players is not tolerated. Regardless of how we may feel about many of the people that are the focus of our discussion here,it is always best to elevate the conversation and avoid this type of posting behavior. Feel free to express your displeasure with individuals that are being discussed, just avoid petty nastiness,name calling, name changes and over the top rude posts directed at case players."

:tyou: and here's to another amazing day closer to Justice for Travis!

This was so helpful to me, when I joined WS. Bumping it cuz i love WS!

This is what I kept screaming at my TV yesterday:

"He didn't say she wasn't honest WHEN she was fourteen!

"He said she hasn't been honest SINCE she was fourteen!"

Big difference!

I was noticing that too, but not quite screaming at the TV screen. After the last sidebar on the issue, JM did manage to squeak in words that made it clear this was not limited to just that age. Can't remember his exact words, but he did bring it out.

Was really surprised that JW did not object...maybe she did not notice?

I keep catching myself saying "Juan things", the most frequent is saying, "well, sure!" or "sure!"

The other is: "did I ask if {fill in the blank}?" or "I didn't ask whether {fill in the blank}..."

And I can pretty much chime in with his response in many instances now when the witness answers a different question...

Anyone else catching themselves saying Juan things?

P.S. I just loved it yesterday when ALV was obfuscating and being non-responsive, and Juan just cut off her response and said "we'll just move along then." :sothere:

How do you do an "assessment" by only interviewing the defendant and not interviewing anyone else?? By "reading" some other things provided to her by the defense team, she believes this is a valid "assessment"? How can this be?

I am still gobsmacked that she never even wrote a report or summary. Nothing. Zip, zed, nada, zilch.

To me, to not write an assessment means you're not professional. She obviously is very knowledgeable, and makes a living off of providing information. But I just can't imagine getting paid - or looking at yourself in the mirror - if you're not providing those who are counting on you with documentation of your findings. :facepalm: Of course, maybe the DT told her "Whatever you do, don't write anything down!"

Well, I went to bed last night after the morning testimony for a nap that turned into a sleep til 4am. I watched the afternoon session of ALV's testimony, and then went back to bed.

My blood pressure must have been through the roof while watching ALV, and high blood pressure isn't a problem for me. I listened to the rebroadcast of Dr. Drew while I was falling asleep. I think someone said that ALV should just admit that she may have made some mistakes or things could be interpreted differently than how she interpreted them.

They didn't say this part, it's my opinion. She thought she was sooo cute with her "Are you angry with me Mr. Martinez." line. She kept up her air of superiority until about halfway through the PM session on Monday. IMO, she now realizes that she was completely hoodwinked by Jodi. So now she either admits her analysis is greatly flawed, or she keeps trying to stick to her original theory.

162804_183444851676085_100000317158.jpg

I also think she's not a big fan of TA's and it's making her theory very difficult to let go. She's letting her feelings interfere with her objectivity and it's extremely sad aggravating to watch. As I watched the PM session from yesterday I saw Juan try to get a very, very simple yes or no answer out of her for ten minutes.

I am really surprised he hasn't lost it on her. He keeps having to tell the judge to admonish the witness. I hope Juan has a wonderful partner at home. I hope she can cool him down and relax him and keep him focused. This is the most ridiculous witness I've seen in any trial. JMO

Totally agree. Just because we can't figure out why someone might do some wacky thing doesn't mean that there needs to be a logical explanation.

That's what I get stuck on. Trying to figure out WHY. But there isn't always a logical explanation, especially with a sociopath.

Drives me nuts not knowing exactly why.

I missed the story if it already has been said where was Napolian during the killing?

I never saw evidence of paw prints or anything?I mean in blood and all?
Did she put him in another room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member