trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #131

Status
Not open for further replies.
How silly that they still have JA's chair so low to the floor. It's obvious to everyone including the jury that this is a deceptive ploy by the DT, evidenced every time JA and Willmott are standing up. JA is several inches taller than Willmott, and Willmott is wearing high heels. This DT is ridiculous, imo.

Yeah, the "wee willie winkle" schtick is pretty silly. I'm surprised they didn't sent up a fiberglass mushroom next to her.

I can't believe I missed that. I watch his crosses like a hawk. Was it near the end of the day?

I believe it was later in the day, sorry I can't be more specific! Hopefully someone else here has a better memory than I do. Uh oh, the foggy memory. Hope I didn't murder anyone yesterday!

i think your husband's right. if JA's counting on men to save her, i think she'll be very disappointed. i think she's every man's worst nightmare.

...with a man-hating-know-it-all running a close second.

I was noticing that too, but not quite screaming at the TV screen. After the last sidebar on the issue, JM did manage to squeak in words that made it clear this was not limited to just that age. Can't remember his exact words, but he did bring it out.

Was really surprised that JW did not object...maybe she did not notice?

It was JW trying to twist what the father had said. She couldn't object - all JM would have had to do is OK let's listen to that 9 seconds of tape once more - that would have shown the judge JM was correct.

That's what I get stuck on. Trying to figure out WHY. But there isn't always a logical explanation, especially with a sociopath.

Drives me nuts not knowing exactly why.

That's why we're all going around in circles talking about it, though. It's therapeutic, even if we can't figure it out. :cow:

HINT: Ms Wilmott is taking copious notes for her redirect of ALV.

Here is what Wilmott is writing down:

1. Milk
2. Bread
3. Ice Cream
4. Macaroni and Cheese
5. Depends
6. 1/5th of Crown Royal
7. Cheetos

And ALV can't even CONCEIVE the thought that maybe Jodi was trying to appear "normal" as part of her alibi because she knew she murdered Travis in cold blood. That same cold blood is what let her go make out with the next guy within hours.

Boy, that was something else- wasn't it? That little exchange spoke volumes to me in terms of ALV and her feelings... nay understanding of the defendant. She sympathizes with her predicament and that is NEVER an objective, balanced, logical stance.

It is amazing to me the empathy she shows for the defendant- from the get-go- apologizing to her for the circumstances JA put herself in (being in jail- having to HAVE her journals read- to save her life- btw).

This woman should have gone in to these interviews working backwards, IMO. Believing in secondary gain and disbelieving anything the defendant says til proven otherwise- NOT the other way around. She should have looked at most everything as a LIE and tried to look at evidence to prove otherwise. She did (and continues to do) the exact opposite.

Shame on her- there is something personal here to ALV, I wish we knew what.

I wonder what the last question of the day was? JM asked the judge if he could ask her about.......and the judge cut him off and ended the day. Would it be about the slashed tires??? I :please:

Oh oh oh I know! I was wondering about that too! Does anyone else know what he was referring to?

:floorlaugh:

Or alternatively,

"I have many glasses, Mr. Martinez, that I have used throughout my evaluation. I didn't use just one pair. I think what you are trying to do is make me say that I used these particular glasses in coming to my opinion in this case, but I have used horned-rimmed ones, these Truman Capote style ones, as well as many others in my investigation. I just don't know what you're trying to get at, Mr. Martinez. Is this a hypothetical? If so, I go along with you. If you are asking whether or not I have the ones I have been using in trial, then sure,ok, I have them...oh, wait...can I go get them?"[/QUOTE]

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

That's why we're all going around in circles talking about it, though. It's therapeutic, even if we can't figure it out. :cow:

Don't you know - sex was how she calmed him down!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

A note about name changes and nicknames for case players, from our Rules Etiquette & Information Thread:

"Derogatory Name Changes to Case Players/General Name Calling

In an effort to keep case discussion constructive, name calling, general bashing and using derogatory name variations for any of the case players is not tolerated. Regardless of how we may feel about many of the people that are the focus of our discussion here,it is always best to elevate the conversation and avoid this type of posting behavior. Feel free to express your displeasure with individuals that are being discussed, just avoid petty nastiness,name calling, name changes and over the top rude posts directed at case players."

:tyou: and here's to another amazing day closer to Justice for Travis!

:bump:

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I missed the story if it already has been said where was Napolian during the killing?

I never saw evidence of paw prints or anything?I mean in blood and all?
Did she put him in another room?

I wondered that too. I'm thinking she must have locked him out because he would most likely try to defend his master.

That's what I get stuck on. Trying to figure out WHY. But there isn't always a logical explanation, especially with a sociopath.

Drives me nuts not knowing exactly why.

I drove myself crazy, trying to figure out the why, concerning my brother. Then the murderer blamed it on Demons. I quit asking why.

I wondered that too. I'm thinking she must have locked him out because he would most likely try to defend his master.

I thought it was testified to that there was a baby gate at the top of the stairs or something?

Anyone?

Critical mistakes by the DT:
Putting JA on the stand.
Putting Samuels on the stand.
Putting LaViolette on the stand.
Not pleading for LWOP.

Boy, that was something else- wasn't it? That little exchange spoke volumes to me in terms of ALV and her feelings... nay understanding of the defendant. She sympathizes with her predicament and that is NEVER an objective, balanced, logical stance.

It is amazing to me the empathy she shows for the defendant- from the get-go- apologizing to her for the circumstances JA put herself in (being in jail- having to HAVE her journals read- to save her life- btw).

This woman should have gone in to these interviews working backwards, IMO. Believing in secondary gain and disbelieving anything the defendant says til proven otherwise- NOT the other way around. She should have looked at most everything as a LIE and tried to look at evidence to prove otherwise. She did (and continues to do) the exact opposite.

Shame on her- there is something personal here to ALV, I wish we knew what.

BBM

I think it's as simple as Jodi duped her. She manipulated her just like she had done with so many men in her life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member