trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #131

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek: OMG ... that is going to be one long hello re-direct !

No way will I be able to listen to all that drivel !

:moo:

I noticed the judge was asking the jury about dates in May. They aren't going anywhere. They have been through Winter and Spring with this trial and not it looks like they will be there for Summer and Fall. I hope none of them have vacation plans.

YES!
Weebles.... Where are you???
Your "pounce" pics were PURRRRFECT yesterday!

Find me a laughing puddy-tat... PAWEEZE?!

We need you weebles!

ITA! It's just not the same without Weebles!

ALaV reminds me of Barbara Wodehouse, calling "Walkies", ect. Lord knows she has the shoes for it. LOL

P. S. Miss Wodehouse was the original dog maven. She had a British accent and was made fun of by SNL by screaming "walkies" in a big booming British accent.:floorlaugh:

lol, to this day I say "walkies" in the Wodehouse voice when I'm going to walk my doggy. She goes nuts. We have lots of fun walking and I'm afraid we would be a failure in Ms Wodehouse's eyes. ;)

Boy, that was something else- wasn't it? That little exchange spoke volumes to me in terms of ALV and her feelings... nay understanding of the defendant. She sympathizes with her predicament and that is NEVER an objective, balanced, logical stance.

It is amazing to me the empathy she shows for the defendant- from the get-go- apologizing to her for the circumstances JA put herself in (being in jail- having to HAVE her journals read- to save her life- btw).

This woman should have gone in to these interviews working backwards, IMO. Believing in secondary gain and disbelieving anything the defendant says til proven otherwise- NOT the other way around. She should have looked at most everything as a LIE and tried to look at evidence to prove otherwise. She did (and continues to do) the exact opposite.

Shame on her- there is something personal here to ALV, I wish we knew what.

I'm wondering if her ego is so huge it won't allow her to conceive that the defendant duped her.

She also seems very obtuse, and not very mentally flexible/agile. Perhaps it is just a guise with which to gain precious seconds to put forth the best answer, but I think she genuinely struggles with expressing her thoughts quickly.

BBM
I agree - something major is at the root of her behavior. There have been some good ideas floating around...let me see if I can remember them all..

Reasons ALV is behaving this way:

Duped by Jodi's acting skills
$$$$ for trial
Hubris
Manhater anti-Travis
Playing up to her cronies in courtroom
Anti Death Penalty
$$$$ Promoting book and career

Ego boost

When I hear the interviews with Jodi's parents where they say they suggested to Jodi that she was bipolar and that her friends had actually CALLED bipolar hotlines on her behalf. I really think Jodi's story about Travis and her giving him pamphlets and helpline numbers came from those experiences.

Jodi's parents interviews were so bizarre to me. If my parents were being questioned by the police they would be defending me and adamant in my innocence. They totally threw her under the bus without hesitation.

And I made that connection too about the mental help Jodi's friends wanted her to receive and JA saying she gave Travis the mental health pamphlet. I bet her friends gave JA the pamphlet on mental health and JA turned it around and said Travis needed help and she gave HIM the pamphlet.

ALaV reminds me of Barbara Wodehouse, calling "Walkies", ect. Lord knows she has the shoes for it. LOL

P. S. Miss Wodehouse was the original dog maven. She had a British accent and was made fun of by SNL by screaming "walkies" in a big booming British accent.:floorlaugh:

I think we may be pre-dating some of the peeps.....I know it was 1979 when I first heard "walkies" :blushing:

One of my favorite parts from yesterday was Juan kept saying Jodi "Likes to play the victim"!!! :great:

While Martinez did use the word "afflicted" first, ALV was the one who compared the afflicted jealousy with the other form of jealousy. Martinez didn't give her two separate options as to what context to use it in, so in this situation ALV would need to explain what she meant between the two forms of jealousy, one being "afflicted". I personally think she was just trying to be difficult and not answer the question, because she herself didn't even know what her comparisons meant, if there is even a difference at all.

Yes, and she wanted to deflect from her acceptance of the word after he said it, and, instead, childishly accuse him of saying it first as if she were in kindergarten. He caught onto that and moved on.

oh boy! let's see.......she'll redo her entire direct, just to make sure the jury heard it the first time. then she'll try to scoop the poop that ALV left on cross. and she'll spend WAY too much time doing it.

:facepalm:

Ya know, that's the best description I've read yet of what she does.

I think what JM is trying to prove to ALM is what she has repeated continually on the stand: "Mr. Martinez, I was only retained to find domestic abuse." And in ALV doing so everything that does not point to DV has been discarded by her. That is not objective. She was hired to give an opinion on whether or not Jodi was a victim of domestic abuse. All she has done is extract bits and pieces of texting to back up what Jodi claims without following up. ALV has only done 1/2 the job she was paid to do. jmo

I was thinking the same, she seems to be totally unconcerned with what's going on around her. She seems to have morphed into JW's assistant helping her to save this poor misunderstood woman who has been so wrongly accused of first degree murder. I hope that when the verdict comes down that she will be shocked into the reality that it is HER that this is all about and it's HER that has just been sentenced to death!

Serious meds, IMO.

This was one of the most bizarre moves (imo) by the DT. After hearing that, I had ZERO doubt that JA was not only a willing participant, but the instigator.

I can't imagine what they were thinking having the jury listen to it. They were like...what, banking on people being offended? Even if they were, that call was absolutely a two-way street. All this time later, I'm still at a loss.

Incompetent or crazy, I really can't decide.

I know how friggin nuts was that? That was the morning JA was truly crying, and maybe smarter than her attys at predicting how that was gonna play out with the jury. The TH's were all saying she was crying because her parents were there, I don't think so.

I keep catching myself saying "Juan things", the most frequent is saying, "well, sure!" or "sure!"

The other is: "did I ask if {fill in the blank}?" or "I didn't ask whether {fill in the blank}..."

And I can pretty much chime in with his response in many instances now when the witness answers a different question...

Anyone else catching themselves saying Juan things?

P.S. I just loved it yesterday when ALV was obfuscating and being non-responsive, and Juan just cut off her response and said "we'll just move along then." :sothere:

Yep...I've been using Juanisms too with my wife. I asked her if she had put the car in the garage. She said "it can stay outside if you like" to which I replied "Did I ASK you if it was alright to leave it out?" this trial has to end soon or else I will be going completely crazy.:floorlaugh:

Yes, and she wanted to deflect from her acceptance of the word after he said it, and, instead, childishly accuse him of saying it first as if she were in kindergarten. He caught onto that and moved on.

She must have been a star at the old school yard game, "I know you are - but what are you?"

(I think that's how it went - you know the one)

I don't think we will ever know the real truth about males who are victimized by dangerous females. They are the least likely to report anyway so the stats will always be skewed imo.

I think it goes on a hellavu lot more than some like to think. Its just better to say that most abuse is done by a man.

I think this case will bring much needed awareness and support for male abuse victims which is very much needed.

Many abuses are done to males even in their childhood and many times it can be at the hands of their mothers or other female family members. The stats, iirc say 1-4 females are abused and 1-6 males are abused. That is way too much abuse for either gender imo.

Women have a more favorable outcome in their trials than men do for same like crimes. On average a man may spend a minimum of 17 years in prison for murder and for the same like crime a female will only serve 8-10 years.

There is a great disparity and double standards in our country about many things. Abuse done to males by stalker/female abusers are one imo and unequal punishments for same like crimes is another.

So I'm not ready to believe that all men are the bad ones and females are good as ALV has promoted for over 34 years with a very biased viewpoint. Imo, she has never met a man she did like.

And then we wonder why men don't come forward and report female abusers.:banghead: They don't because society on a whole diminishes its seriousness and severity if they are the victims.
:bump:
Trying to find the truth led me to this recent study. The numbers are interesting (and ALV would have been well served to have a look at them); but even more interesting in light of this case, is the data a sexual assualt and stalking where the male is the victim (again, ALV could have avoided a world of embarassment had she read this).
http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/nisvs/

I think the whole reason ALV hates Travis and believes he is an abuser is that 16 page text he sent JA, the one where he calls her a sociopath and has other choice things to say. That is all she had to read, nothing else, to make her determination. In her mind, since it was from Travis, a man, to JA, a woman, it is abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni