trial day 44: the defense continues its case in chief #134

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Steely. Juan got so much more info into this trial by asking many
Questions. Today alone we found out that ja told alv that she cut
her hand while cutting an apple. ja told alv that she pulled the trigger
on the gun. alv said ja told her that she shot Travis in the closet. If you
have a juror on the fence I think his line of questioning was perfect.

Okay - upthread there was discussion about Jodi and the whole anal sex thing (groan) and why it was such a prominent part of the relationship. Defense says it was all Travis' manipulation of her and the "it's not real sex" thing. Whatever. Anyway -- several thread ago, someone posted a link to a blog about a person's experience with a stalker - a girl stalking guy scenario. He had this to say about the sex part of it and I think it's spot on with Jodi. I wish I could remember the sleuther who posted the blog -- as they deserve the credit for finding the blog - if anyone recalls, please "refresh my recollection"

This is quoted from: http://.blogspot.com/ (if the link doesn't work, just type it into your browser and it should come up).

"This really resonates with me. My ex- was willing to do anything, and I mean ANYTHING, accept standard intercourse. She did not want regular intercourse at all. She had tons and tons of ideas for kinky, and even perverse sex and positions, but was completely against vaginal intercourse. Without going in to anything too graphic, I will just say I rejected most of her ideas as too freaky for my tastes. She has a voracious sexual appetite, which surprised me, considering she was completely turned off by what most people considered 'normal'.

One thing that stands out was her insistence that we do these things as a way of me exploring those areas that I had not experienced with other woman. There are two reasons for this, that I see. One is she did not want to compete sexually with woman I had already been with. It was very important for her to distinguish herself as 'different'. Two, she wanted to be 'everything' to me. She did not want me to ever think or desire a particular sexual position or experience without thinking of her. She even asked if I had told my friends about our sex life and all her crazy ideas, whether we had done them or not. She wanted to be known as the girl who would do anything, she wanted to be a fantasy and to be the personification of every fantasy I could have. As much as it may sound like a good old fun time, it really isn't. She would tell me that it was all about acting out my fantasies and fulfilling my desires, but it really was about her acting out her fantasies. Oddly, most of her fantasies had elements of rape, violence or taboo. None of that interested me (I think I just announced to the world that I'm a boring lover, hahahaha)."

Lame!

Some of these commentators are turning this into a flippin' game show and their antics are ridiculous.

I want to hear their opinions and guest opinions; I don't want to see them acting like circus monkeys

Agreed. And HLN After Dark is like a lame reality show.

Can't wait for the jury questions!

I'm going to bet my computer one of the questions is something to the effect: "You stated Jodi showed you her ring finger, it was bent, you believed Travis caused the injury and that was an example of pysical abuse. Do you believe the injuries sustained by Mr. Alexander at the hands of Miss Arias on June 4th was an example of physical abuse to him by her or since it was an isolated incident, would that not fit into your big picture analysis of the relationship, so you would discard it?"

If the defense wants that tape of Travis firing a gun, but they don't want any testimony coming in from Hall (he's pro Travis) getting it from HLN would be the way to go.

This was posted on another thread:
4/10/2013 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 4/10/2013 NOTE: DEFENDANT’S MOTION TO COMPEL; JOURNALS SEIZED FROM MS. ARIAS’ JAIL CELL ON OR ABOUT APRIL 1, 2013
WOW what has Jodi been doing in jail to have this done. My imagination has gone wild with all the odd things that have gone on in the courtroom since April 1. Does anyone know if the shackels that I understand she is wearing now is new since April 1?

Yep, that's what it says at the court website, but what does it mean? She wants her current journal back? Curiouser and curiouser.....

Yes and she sings. Because that makes HER being interrogated (for God knows what) by two "GREAT" detectives authentic.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Well that sure was a dud.........but I guess I should consider the source and not expect much.

What lame drama.

imo

Jodi Arias was gas-lighting Travis and now everyone, imo. [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting"]Gaslighting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame] I'm sure she has done this since a very young age.
I think Jodi was born this way and I wonder if Jodi was 7 years old when her younger siblings were born. (not the 2nd child)...3 and 4.

I checked some journals from a while back and I never used parentheses. Jodi used them a lot. Why the need to clarify or explain to yourself?

I'd be interested if others have personal journals filled with parentheses.

To me they say "audience"

In some of my older journals, I did use parentheses when I wanted to quote something said to me by my abusive ex verbatim.

I also used parentheses once, at the top of a journal entry, to denote something that I knew wasn't true. It was, "I RECEIVED FLOWERS AT WORK TODAY!"

Why did I do that? Well, I had suspicions that my abusive ex was reading my journal and I was right. He came home from work several days later and conjured up this cockamamie story about stopping by my office on his way home and when he did, he spotted a vase of flowers on my desk and wondered if I had something to tell him.

Gotcha!

ETA: I do believe many of Jodi's entries were written with an audience in mind, however.

I am sure this has probably been brought up already but feel the need to say it anyways.
When Jodi was arrested the first interview she said she was not at Travis's.
The second day she said it was 2 intruders that did it.
It wasn't until around 2 years later while in jail did she say it was self defense.
2 years later she didn't have access to her journals so she couldn't put the made up story that she was "abused". That IS why there is nothing in her journals about abuse it didn't happen and it wasn't her story when she was arrested.

I feel better now. Thanks :)

Good evening everyone!
:seeya:

NG on now...Travis' last text to JA...more of "Juanderful Juan" cross-examining ALV.

:great:

Also a huge "thank you" to our mods for starting a new thread just in time for the evening programs!
:hug:

Oh I can't stand that I get home to JVM! So happy that NG is now on. I can actually listen now, to some extent, lol. I missed a lot today and I need to youtube asap.

If the defense wants that tape of Travis firing a gun, but they don't want any testimony coming in from Hall (he's pro Travis) getting it from HLN would be the way to go.

I think that's so stupid. What does one video of him shooting a friends gun have anything to do with anything???

Im bringing this post over so I can reply because the other thread is going to close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousD View Post
I don't like the use of the word "terrorist" in regard to DV.

Am I overreacting?

As a victim of a stalker who almost killed me I do agree with the definition. It truly is terrorism behavior and terroristic mind games. It really is a form of mental torture imo where it leaves the stalked person unbelievably afraid to live their lives on a daily basis.

imo

I agree, I have been blessed to never have been stalked, or victim to DV but I can see how that word applies very aptly to cases such as that. The only problem I have is it being applied to JA and TA in this particular case.

the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/terrorism

The reference to 'terrorism' doesn't seem overreactive....my estranged husband was charged with 'terroristic threatening' of yours truly. Never put the two terms together till a poster questioned its appropriateness.

Thanks everyone for being here.
Thanks WS.
See some/all of you again tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics