a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
My crazy ex boyfriend I appeased for a while with responses and interaction because I felt in a safer position. Once I cut off contact completely I felt like I just lost site of the shark in the water. It is very scary cutting off ties because then you are just a sitting duck, completely unaware of what to expect next from the lunatic. And cutting off contact enrages a stalker because they are after acknowledgement and attention, good or bad, so you're just left to wonder what crazy tactic they have up their sleeve to try next.
JMO

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

EXACTLY - especially when they have shown their danger in combination with their obsession!

KCL, I have a question about Travis' family.
I know you said Tanisha is married to Harold and that Samantha is a policeman. Do you know what Travis' brother does for a living? This is their life right now and everything else is put on hold. I don't know how they manage. They really need our support and prayers, especially with LV spewing her junk theories.

Also, how was jurors holding up today?

Thanks.

omg whomever of you was in that courtroom for redirect today.. BLESS YOU ALL. I think I need to vomit. Seriously

The State vs Jodi Arias ~ Travis Alexander murder trial
12 hours ago

StatevJAscared.jpg

I took this screenshot at the time when Mr Martinez started to outline the stalking behaviour Arias had with her previous boyfriends.

As he pointed out every single time Arias tried to interject herself into their lives, after breaking up, she constantly whispered to Willmott.

Look at Arias's eyes and how they penetrate Willmott face. It is the look of utter desperation.

I also see that Jodi is becoming more and more "vocal" during testimony, saying "sustained", rolling her eyes, etc. She is growing extremely restless, moving around in her chair.

She also smiles at odd times during witness testimony. The smiling and joking around with Willmott, are becoming more regular and constant, something that makes us frown and question the moral standards of those defending Arias.

The Defense team is rapidly realising that their time is running out and that "Judgement Day" is approaching at the speed of lightning.
They are running out of options, out of Witnesses. All their witnesses have been proven to be evil enablers of Arias, who only had one thing in mind, MONEY and FAME.

The last two witnesses are on the brink of retirement. Dr Samuels has a few complaints against him prior to getting invited into this trial. This could have been his chance to "make it big" with this trial of the century, but in the end he was marked as a professional that had feelings for the defendant, that gave her a book as a gift. He is done. He took nothing of importance with him from this trial. Rather not worth putting on his Resume.

The last witness, still struggling to prove her assessment of the defendant, is now shown to have a bias towards the defendant. She is also marked as a person who favoured the Defendant without true justice as a goal in assessing the defendant. All she did was to believe every word this lying woman told her.

Both "Expert Witnesses" on the brink of stardom but on the edge of disaster.

The Defence realises the implications of these failed attempts at trying to slander the victim. They realise that soon they will have to explain to the Defendant and her family that they failed and that their client might not come off as they would have hoped for and perhaps even promised her.

They now have to increase their support to the Defendant, assure her, make her feel calm, don't upset her, perhaps even say to her 'don't worry, it will all be okay'.

They are scared and those smiles, giggles and camaraderie between the defendant and Willmott is a mask, and behind that mask you will find fear. Willmott fears the humiliation of losing and the wrath of Jodi when the punishment is read, Nurmi fears the failed attempts at making Travis look like an abusing paedophile and Arias fears DEATH.

With Arias' increased restlessness next to Willmott, her smiles, rolling of her eyes at Mr Martinez, mouthing words like "objection", overbearing clingy behaviour with Willmott, I hope that security is nearby, as I fear an outburst is soon to be expected.

Admin 1

WOW! Gives me chills. Stellar obituary BTW. "Here lies JA v State. May she live forever." PLEASE note sarcasm.

Folks: friendly reminder: this thread is for updates from people IN THE COURTROOM. If you want to have a general discussion move over to the general discussion thread. Thank you.

My crazy ex boyfriend I appeased for a while with responses and interaction because I felt in a safer position. Once I cut off contact completely I felt like I just lost site of the shark in the water. It is very scary cutting off ties because then you are just a sitting duck, completely unaware of what to expect next from the lunatic. And cutting off contact enrages a stalker because they are after acknowledgement and attention, good or bad, so you're just left to wonder what crazy tactic they have up their sleeve to try next.
JMO

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2
:tyou:
And thanks for lending the voice of someone who knows what she is talking about.

IN ADDITION - MANY being stalked are afraid of cutting off completely for fear of ending up just as Travis did. They try to pacify their stalker for safety reasons.

I was, and I was afraid. It took a lot of convincing by my family to change my phone number. I was moved from city to city by family (to stay with family), so he couldn't find me. He actually took a protection order against me, which, I of course, was like, ok! But I knew the truth - it does nothing. He takes one out, and then he was violating it repeatedly.

(FYI - there was an accident that caused a brain injury to my husband (ex now). He's just not the same person anymore. Only ghostly hints of his past self.)

IN ADDITION - MANY being stalked are afraid of cutting off completely for fear of ending up just as Travis did. They try to pacify their stalker for safety reasons.

I am going to go off your post and add, that most people usually get an inkling when they are being stalked, and then that sixth sense kicks in OMG - I am being stalked, which is where TA was when he flat out said it in his texts " I am being stalked". In most normal cases - they give it a little bit more time to confirm it, so that they can make a police report, cut off all ties etc.

TA, never got to the point of 100% confirming, because his stalker JA murdered him. But, he was very clear that he knew he was being stalked and told quite a few people.

I'm no legal expert, but it's my understanding that of eleven qualified experts in Arizona, eleven declined the job.

LAV was retained because she was willing. No one else wanted to touch the case with a ten-foot pole. You know, because no one with an ounce of sense would be willing to crawl out on the limb ALV has so willingly occupied.

IMO, that may be different when we hit the penalty phase. If (when!) convicted, experts may be willing to testify to mitigating factors (personality disorder, other mental illnesses, childhood abuse, and so on) in an attempt to save her life; it's far more palatable to do this when you know the woman will still spend life behind bars if you're successful.
and I certainly hope that limb gets sawed off by jurors!

I notice the defendant turns her body completely around to stare into the gallery all throughout the day, often in the direction of the victim's family. And she doesn't just glance over, she stares. I'm curious what our court observers see and think about this, it's quite unsettling to me and don't think it's right that she's allowed to stare down the family or anyone else. Drew Peterson was also staring down people in the gallery during his trial but was ordered to stop by the judge. It sure seems like harassment or intimidation, could the victim's advocate or JM complain to Judge Stephens about this? Thx!

:moo:

I wonder if she's looking at the media people, who are sitting behind Travis's family. There are faces she may recognize; Ted Rowlands and Jean Casarez are examples. There are so many media people there (three rows at least) that she may be trying to figure out who they all are.

OMG, Nancy Grace has her goofy finger in her ear again...

I'm so interested in this case, but too embarrassed to admit watching HLN. Have to turn it off b4 husband & daughter come home. Lest they think my brain has completely leaked out of my head. I wish the old Court TV would somehow come back. (sigh...)
(Sorry mods, o/t, I know....I repent..)

I am excited to hear from our CR observers. I was gutted when Willmott bashed TA's deceased parents - asking JVL about TA's child history/parents, ie" drug addicts, abusive to TA and sisters etc. I wanted to reach through the tv grab her azz, and say they are deceased and cannot defend themselves unlike JA and her parents. Hmm, just looking at TA's life and his family is proof that ALV is wrong v JA with hers.

I would love to know the juries reaction as well as the galleries?

JM looked in pain, and clearly in agony. I hope this backfires with the jurors as it did with me.

I am excited to hear from our CR observers. I was gutted when Willmott bashed TA's deceased parents - asking JVL about TA's child history/parents, ie" drug addicts, abusive to TA and sisters etc. I wanted to reach through the tv grab her azz, and say they are deceased and cannot defend themselves unlike JA and her parents. Hmm, just looking at TA's life and his family is proof that ALV is wrong v JA with hers.

JM looked in pain, and clearly in agony. I hope this backfires with the jurors as it did with me.

You're not alone, I just cried watching that today. And also for poor Samantha, her grief just grabbed hold of my heart. I feel such overwhelming helplessness, as there's no way to relieve the pain for them.

Grief is one of the scariest, most dreadful 'monsters' I fear. Just had way too many friends & loved ones walk through it, and some form of it is inevitable in everyones life. Certainly one of life's most difficult & painful experiences, for sure.

I am excited t hear from our CR admirationrs. I was gutted when Willmott bashed TA's deceased parents - asking JVL about TA's child history/parents, ie" drug addicts, abusive to TA and sisters etc. I wanted to reach through the tv grab her azz, and say they are deceased and cannot defend themselves unlike JA and her parents. Hmm, just looking at TA's life and his family is proof that ALV is wrong v JA with hers.

Poor Samantha, that may have been what upset her. I was crying for this family having to endure this. What a loving tribute to TA that they are in court every day fighting for justice.
Wish I could hug them all, please pass on our love and admiration.

As a bailiff I was not allowed to tell the Jurors who the people were that were seated in the gallery but they usually figured it out. By the end of a normal trial (1 to 2 weeks) they felt sorry for the victim's family and some even wanted to talk to the family when they were released from duty. I would imagine these Jurors are feeling the same. They see everything and sometimes have nicknames for the players in the trial.

Travis' family has been stellar in their courtroom behavior. The defendants family on the other hand have not reacted in a way that would help their cause. JMO

If I were a Juror in this case, I would be so off the charts pi#$ed over my daily Juror' pay, versus what this "expert" is getting per day. Surely they think about it. Good grief, is it Juror $12.00 a day, and ALV..... around $2400.00 a day (give or take) GUILTY!!!!!

If I were a Juror in this case, I would be so off the charts pi#$ed over my daily Juror' pay, versus what this "expert" is getting per day. Surely they think about it. Good grief, is it Juror $12.00 a day, and ALV..... around $2400.00 a day (give or take) GUILTY!!!!!

Yes, and for that $12.00 per day, the jurors are required to follow the order of law while the $2,400 a day "expert" gets to say and do almost anything and never face perjury charges or any admonitions of substance. What a world!

Katiecool

Would love to know who the new gal was that was sitting with the MS this morning and knelt at Jodi's lap when Jodi called for a potty break.

Yes, and for that $12.00 per day, the jurors are required to follow the order of law while the $2,400 a day "expert" gets to say and do almost anything and never face perjury charges or any admonitions of substance. What a world!

OMG! They are only paid $12/day? :what: That's crazy! Here we are paid $25/day....and even that wouldn't be enough to compensate these jurors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow