TN TN - Jennifer Wyant, 21, Nashville, 28 June 1980

I still like to check in and see if there is anything new. I have asked everyone I know from back then and nobody seems to know anything new. I know her family is hurt but I would like to know if they are still trying to find her and if they have tried America's most wanted or anything like that. A reinactment could make someone remember something that may not have seemed important.

I was thinking back of a girl that I worked with, she was Jennifer's age and hung around around that crowd. Well, one day she came to work and had been beat up....I now wonder if that guy beat Rosie up, what did he do to other girls? I tried to find Rosie but so far no luck. I want to know the name of that guy. It was either Mike or Keith.

ITs probably nothing, but as we said, any little thing.

They mentioned this man with the murder of a girl in 1975 in Nashville Tn, and I wonder where he was when Jennifer went missing? The rumor back then at the party was she came in with 2 black men, so I wonder if any of the witness's that saw her that night, could identify this man? I did ask Jennifer's sister if that was true, who she left with and she said she did not ever hear that, but again, I talked to people back then, that were at that party, and that is what they said, so I have to go with what they said. My aunt lived across the street from Jennifer's parents and I asked her again and she thought that is what she heard back then, but its been alot of years.

http://www.wkrn.com/nashville/news/...derbilt-rape-questioned-in-another/129582.htm

After I posted that thread regarding the man they just arested, I found out he had been put away, prior to Jennifer missing so I think this was another dead end.

Thanks for keeping in touch with the thread. Any new thoughts?

I was just checking in to see if anything new. We have not heard anything. I just wish there could be closure, but most families are still looking and I never hear of her family asking questions. I would be all over this internet, so it makes me wonder if they know something? If they are reading, i'm not trying to talk behind your back....I did call, and her sister was not very helpful and did not ask for any help so they have to remember, we may not be family, but we want closure on this as well...Thank you and anyone with information, no matter how little, please let us know. I was going to see if anything on Facebook but there are so many with this name...Maybe there is missing in Tennessee!

I have been waiting for 31 years for any info on this case. I worked with Jennifer and we were called the day her drivers license was found. Have never heard anything else. Looking back on it, the whole case was a travesty. If there is more info, I don't know it. There was a private investigator on the case that was using her car. He was later murdered. Always wondered if there was a connection.

I just wanted to clear up a few things (hopefully). I was at the party that Jennifer went to the night before she disappeared. She wasn't there with two black men as someone earlier suggested. She came by herself and left by herself if I remember correctly. It was a party to celebrate the Budweiser Softball league of the apartment association for apartments in the area of which hers and my apartments at the time were associated with.

Nobody ever saw her after the party. Her car was found in front of her apartment with her purse and keys still in it. At least that is what the police told us at the time. They questioned a lot of people including my sister who was head of the softball league. After all these years, my memory is fuzzy. The clearest memory I have of the entire incident is seeing her in the bathroom at the party for just a few minutes and saying hi to her image in the mirror. That image will haunt me forever.

I had known Jennifer since the 5th grade but at the time of her disappearance was only an acquaintance. She was a beautiful and lovely young woman and even though I'd like to think that for some unknown reason she just took off with someone and started a new life, I believe she was probably killed that night. I don't think there was enough evidence for a Cold case investigation even though I wish they would do one. But without a body, what could they possibly do?

Thanks for your insight. It may not look like a lot but there should have been plenty to look into, which I hope LE did. Was anything amiss in her apartment? Did it look like she made it back at all, was anything sitting out that would indicate interruption (ie cup of coffee, water being boiled). What about the car, was the seat in the correct position for her height? Where was the drivers license found, and if it was in a strange place was there a search done in that area? Scent dogs used at all? Just some thoughts for a cold case unit to investigate if one were ever formed.

Her license were found in the winter, February, of the following year. Her purse was all that was missing I was told. Her bed had not been slept in. I remember a long fingernail on the coffee table. Went to her apartment a few days after she disappeared. My boss called to check on her not being at work on Monday and her family didn't seem to know that she was gone. Private investigator drove her Trans AM during the investigation. Very strange. He was the step father of a guy she was dating some.

Tomorrow is the 32nd anniversary of Jennifer's disappearance. :( Her family deserves closure!

Thinking of Jennifer and her loved ones this week. :heartbeat:

Hello All,

Another heartwrenching case that may never be solved. I just hope that Jennifer's loved ones have some small measure of comfort in that there are people out here who never knew her but will not forget her.

Something that caught my attention...and it's probably nothing. However, as you all know, China Videon disappeared from Murfreesboro on Oct 19, 1999. I've read that her car was found in the parking lot of an apartment complex on Harding Road. Does anyone know if this is the same complex or if it is near what was the Tanglewood complex? If so, these cases are nineteen years apart but what are the odds? Probably nothing though.

I'll be in Nashville in November and plan on visiting the site. Any local intel is greatly appreciated.

images

Her license were found in the winter, February, of the following year. Her purse was all that was missing I was told. Her bed had not been slept in. I remember a long fingernail on the coffee table. Went to her apartment a few days after she disappeared. My boss called to check on her not being at work on Monday and her family didn't seem to know that she was gone. Private investigator drove her Trans AM during the investigation. Very strange. He was the step father of a guy she was dating some.

I just came back to check and saw a few more post so I need to keep up better. I never heard any of that info you posted so thankyou. Do you by chance know who she was dating? I wish my brother was still alive because he was at a party a few miles down the road and not sure if the night she went missing or if he said the Saturday before she went missing he thought he saw her at that party with 2 guys.....For the person who posted a car found on Harding, 19 yrs later, I may be wrong but thought her car was in parking lot of Tanglewood and she lived there? Again, its been so many years, it is hard to remember. I checked with my aunt 2 yrs ago who lived by Jennifer's mother and she said she did not know of any updates but had moved away so I really would like to find out anything new while my aunt is alive since she is in her 80s now. Thank you to all who do not give up!

I just wanted to clear up a few things (hopefully). I was at the party that Jennifer went to the night before she disappeared. She wasn't there with two black men as someone earlier suggested. She came by herself and left by herself if I remember correctly. It was a party to celebrate the Budweiser Softball league of the apartment association for apartments in the area of which hers and my apartments at the time were associated with.

Nobody ever saw her after the party. Her car was found in front of her apartment with her purse and keys still in it. At least that is what the police told us at the time. They questioned a lot of people including my sister who was head of the softball league. After all these years, my memory is fuzzy. The clearest memory I have of the entire incident is seeing her in the bathroom at the party for just a few minutes and saying hi to her image in the mirror. That image will haunt me forever.

I had known Jennifer since the 5th grade but at the time of her disappearance was only an acquaintance. She was a beautiful and lovely young woman and even though I'd like to think that for some unknown reason she just took off with someone and started a new life, I believe she was probably killed that night. I don't think there was enough evidence for a Cold case investigation even though I wish they would do one. But without a body, what could they possibly do?

I saw this post and maybe it was typed wrong (i'm trying to see if ever posted here) but the 2 guys mentioned I don't think anyone ever said she came in with those 2 guys...A few people saw her talking to them and the ones that said that went on with what they were doing and never saw her again so they thought maybe she left with them...I heard she came in alone but not sure since I never talked to anyone who saw her leave. Thanks for info!

beachcares2...The car I was referring to belonged to teenager China Videon, who disaappered from Murfreesboro in 1999. It was found at "an apartment complex off Harding Rd" about three months after she disappeared. I was just wondering what apartment complex? The Tanglewood Apartments where Jennifer Wyant disappeared from I believe is now Whispering Oaks, off Harding. My thought was, how close to the old Tanglewood Apartments was China's car found? What are the chances that a missing girl's car - from 25 miles away - is found very close to where another girl disappeared, albeit 19 years before? Let me qualify by saying that I am not from Nashville, have only been down this stretch of Harding Road once or twice, and I know there are a lot of apartments and homes in this area. I'm also retired 20+ years law enforcement and I know that chances are very likely that there is no connection. But I always start with that old premise that "there ain't no such thing as a coincidence."

Cornfed,

Jennifer lived on Harding Place. This ran off of Interstate 24E. If China Videon's car was found on Harding Road, this is West Nashville. That is the only Harding Road that I know of.

These are two completely different locations unless I am mistaken. 24 runs toward Chattanooga, TN and Harding Road runs west toward Memphis.

Does anyone know WHERE her drivers license was found?

Did she live alone?

How far was the party from where she lived?

Jennifer's license were found around Nolensville area. I worked with her at the time and the person that found them called our office loooking for her. I understood that they were found by a contractor that was maybe building a home in that area. Our boss went out there and we were told it was around the Rutherford-Davidson County line. I also think maybe this was under developed area. They searced a pond I believe. I understood that nothing else was found. At the time, I believe her purse was missing with her. I have read on here that her purse was in her car, but I don't think so. Maybe some other ID or something found with her license.
She lived alone and hadn't lived there a very long time. The party wasn't too far away, I don't think. She told us on Friday that she was going to this party. Sure would love to see the end to this mystery.

Jennifer's license were found around Nolensville area. I worked with her at the time and the person that found them called our office loooking for her. I understood that they were found by a contractor that was maybe building a home in that area. Our boss went out there and we were told it was around the Rutherford-Davidson County line. I also think maybe this was under developed area. They searced a pond I believe. I understood that nothing else was found. At the time, I believe her purse was missing with her. I have read on here that her purse was in her car, but I don't think so. Maybe some other ID or something found with her license.
She lived alone and hadn't lived there a very long time. The party wasn't too far away, I don't think. She told us on Friday that she was going to this party. Sure would love to see the end to this mystery.

It sounds like her license was found outdoors... I was hoping it was found in a home or office; that might have indicated she had been there after she disappeared.

I wonder if she took her car to the party... it would be interesting to know if she drove it back home or if the car was at her complex all day...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back