trial day 46: the defense continues its case in chief #138

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok..this looks like a rule regarding the judge and how they should maintain professionalism and impartiality. In my own opinion the judge has not broken any rules of conduct and I don't see the connection between this and the members quote you posted (about 90% of communication being non verbal) I don't see the connection. Could you explain?

I could be wrong, but I thought that post referred to the video of the Judge's reaction to a part of ALV's testimony. In any case, the video was referenced several times for that reason in this thread.

eta: regardless of whether the judge has broken a rule or not, I don't think that would preclude a motion for a mistrial by the defense? I think they've demonstrated that that's what they're gunnin' for imo.

In any of the prolonged in-chambers sessions earlier in the week, if ALV complained to Judge Stephens about the cyber-lynchers or Juan's aggressive style sending her to the hospital with palpitations, as has been reported, she better have the hospital records to prove it in hand. It did seem like JM was less confrontational with her after those meetings.

I guess we can also be grateful that JSS is a woman and not a man Judge. Otherwise ALV would have screamed abuse because JSS "ordered" her to return on Tuesday.

IF the judge ordering ALV back on Tuesday is about her stress and inability to testify, then ALV better get her :hen: in a row. Maybe her stress was because she was LYING in a court of law? It was proven she lied when she said she had testified for men in criminal cases. That must have caused her a ton of stress. :rolleyes:

She most likely is seriously afraid. I would think by this point she needs a bodyguard.
Alyce in Wonderland is getting what she deserves it seems.

I could be wrong, but I thought that post referred to the video of the Judge's reaction to a part of ALV's testimony. In any case, the video was referenced several times for that reason in this thread.

eta: regardless of whether the judge has broken a rule or not, I don't think that would preclude a motion for a mistrial by the defense? I think they've demonstrated that that's what they're gunnin' for imo.

I think the point of posting the rule was that maybe we shouldn't post stuff like that here to give ANYONE fodder for a future argument.

JMO

Mods or veteran WS ers Are we supposed to verify or be sure of statements we post as facts? It seems like many posts are posted as fact when in fact they are absolutely wrong. This causes going round and round with posts. How do we differentiate what we are sure of and what we "think or suppose"??? Many thanks

Why don't you ask ALV if it's important to verify facts and conclusions.....not a requirement but it's polite all around to qualify something you aren't certain about saying so.

IMO she was the worst ...unprepared, unprofessional expert I have ever seen testify! And I've watched too many trials to accurately count over the years. I've never seen anything like it...ever.

Did you see the grief lady in the FCA trial :D

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

My own personal observations is this:

Misconduct from the Prosecutor, well, He may have thrown things, ( pen?) might have been that he was grabbing something to prove his point and the pen just seemed like it was thrown.

As far as evidence not introduced being released to the media. I do believe there is an open records act, that anyone in the public can ask for and get with a request. It's not being used in the trial, then why worry about it? No one in the trial, such as Jury shouldn't be watching anything in the media anyway.

Harassment of Witnesses, well, The Court cannot squelch what goes on outside of the court, unless it has to do with direct conduct of the Officers of the Court and the Jury.

I say, Look beyond, what are supporters of JA doing, instigating on behave of her case.

I'm not sure what is going on with the Wong person and what that has to do with. Can someone enlighten me?

All of these motions filed on behalf of the defense team, seems to be is all a big setup for an appeal. Unless there is something totally egregious from the Prosecution..
It's all about the appeal now.

??? Your Opinions?

'cyber bullying' - i dont think that its about that - the judge seemed ticked. i think/hope that it has something to do with her approaching Travis' sister. According to HLN someone in the gallery witnessed this and a victims advocate (of some sort) approached Travis' sister to let her know that she does not have to put up with that. Her response was 'Juan's on it'... I hope that this is what it is about

:seeya:...
Hi there....ummm...Liar (hehe, cute name :floorlaugh:)...
Just noticed this is your first post...unless you are lying :floorlaugh:
Anyway, I hope she is made to take responsibility for approaching Sam as well,
And...:welcome6:

Juan started his questioning about how many times she testified -- then went on to something else, like he does. He was asking ALV about the degree of lies, big lies, white lies etc.. then went back to how many times she testified and DT jumped up to approach. 45 minutes later he completely drops it. Sure seems to me Juan probably had the records and wanted to introduce them.. that's why she is coming back with an attorney.

Also I'd bet the Jurror has been either sleeping or something because Jodi and the DT have been eyeballing someone for several days.

What makes you say she is coming back with an attorney?

:seeya: I heard it as Ms. Wong, who will be testifying on Monday (for reasons we don't quite know yet..) has an attorney that will be present. Not Alyce

I guess we can also be grateful that JSS is a woman and not a man Judge. Otherwise ALV would have screamed abuse because JSS "ordered" her to return on Tuesday.

I thought about that too. If a man had said, "Don't tell me about your personal problems," she probably would have suggested he may need a time out.

I think I see a pattern developing regarding ALV...and that's all I'll say.

In any of the prolonged in-chambers sessions earlier in the week, if ALV complained to Judge Stephens about the cyber-lynchers or Juan's aggressive style sending her to the hospital with palpitations, as has been reported, she better have the hospital records to prove it in hand. It did seem like JM was less confrontational with her after those meetings.

If she can't take the heat she should have thought to tell the truth.

Ms. Laviolette, don't tell me about your personal issues= I don't care just be here. I noticed the judge didn't seem to like her much early on but now I truly think the judge just does not like her. I wonder why? Maybe past experience.

I got the sense that she was saying essentially ... "we're on the record/being broadcasted, so do not talk about your personal life or it will not be personal anymore" ... am I the only one who thought this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2