trial day 46: the defense continues its case in chief #138

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's reagarding the defenses motion for mistrial filed on monday ..... talks about ALV being harrassed and Pros misconduct.

JMO and all that

Beth Karas said that whatever was going on would be dealt with in front of the jury. They can't hear about her being harrassed, right?

I'm puzzled and worried.

I was spot on then. From what I saw f the trial today I both saw and felt a huge change in JS demeanor towards dear Alyce. At first I was thinking oh she is tired, oh this has gone on long enough etc.
But I really felt she is sick, sick, sick, of Alyce and she also now has her number.

Maybe she feels she has permission to hate her after that pounding from the jurors.

Ok, someone please help me! Is this ACTUAL grounds for a mistrial? Should we worry? Or is it just typical defense team desperation?

It is desperation.

Most U.S. Courts acknowledge the legal primacy of the 1st Amendment to the United States Constitution.

Websites, however, are privately maintained and can make and enforce their own rules irrespective of the 1st Amendment.

I could walk into ER right now if I felt like making a point about someone putting pressure on me .. she may have been genuine, or it may have been 'helpful' to an argument being made on, well, Monday perhaps.

Just my current opinion, subject to change.

nothing gets past you! absolutely.

:seeya:

This trial surprised me because prior to now, I did not support the death penalty. I absolutely believe this woman deserves the DP and have heard of many other converts based on this trial.

I was not fully opposed to the DP before this trial but was definitely ambivalent. I now strongly believe that Arias should receive the DP. No ambivalence.

ALV: "Anger and fear can combine and make one overreact."

She was using that to defend Jodi's overkill---but couldn't that also justify Travis's mean texts to Jodi?

I bet Dr. DeMarte will describe Jodi as one who loves to get a rise out of someone - or as southerners say "get their goat". No telling what outrageous stuff she did or said to Travis on the phone that ALV knows nothing about.

Hey All, just want to say I just heard beth karas say that Juan is nit picking in his questioning of ALV. Said that Juan backs her in a corner. jmo I am no longer a fan, just sayin.

am i the only one who sees the irony that a shrink with 35 yrs experience checks into the ER for a panic attack?
(please say say yes 'cause my SO thought I was being a jerk for making this point. He's a really nice person.)

See!! Breathing exercises dont work! I tried tell my shrink that. LOL

Well technically she's not a shrink but yeah, I thought it was kind of funny that someone in a mental health profession wouldn't be able to self diagnose a panic attack and end up in the ER.

LOL. We were fighting about this too. SO maintains that shrink = psychiatrist, psychologist only and I think it also includes therapists.

am i the only one who sees the irony that a shrink with 35 yrs experience checks into the ER for a panic attack?
(please say say yes 'cause my SO thought I was being a jerk for making this point. He's a really nice person.)

You're not a jerk, you're a human being. I see the irony in it, but its not uncommon. A great therapist told me once that every great therapist has a great therapist. Like her or not, disagree or agree, she is human and panic attacks are scary and awful. So I applaud her for seeking help when she needs it. I'd do that for anyone.

I think we are going to see a new Judge Sherry starting next week. I think she too is tired of all the delays and distractions that have happened during the trial. I personally enjoyed her ALV smackdown at the end of the day. Shows me she has it in her to take back control and get this trial done. Can't wait for Monday!

It cracks me up no end!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey All, just want to say I just heard beth karas say that Juan is nit picking in his questioning of ALV. Said that Juan backs in in a corner. jmo I am no longer a fan, just sayin.

Beth Karas is great IMHO. Don't forget she could just feel like he was nit picking today or over a few topics.

She was on HLN a night or two ago talking about how great of a job he is doing exposing ALV. You can't turn on BK that quickly... :please:

Beth Karas said that whatever was going on would be dealt with in front of the jury. They can't hear about her being harrassed, right?

I'm puzzled and worried.

I didn't hear Beth but the hearings are held outside the presence of the jury but in open court on the record.

You're not a jerk, you're a human being. I see the irony in it, but its not uncommon. A great therapist told me once that every great therapist has a great therapist. Like her or not, disagree or agree, she is human and panic attacks are scary and awful. So I applaud her for seeking help when she needs it. I'd do that for anyone.

I'm pretty sure jerk and human being are not mutually exclusive, but thanks.

PS - I suffer panic attacks so I know they are scary and awful

I was not fully opposed to the DP before this trial but was definitely ambivalent. I now strongly believe that Arias should receive the DP. No ambivalence.

I'm not a big DP person but, in this case, the evidence of guilt and premeditation is so overwhelming and the crime so egregious that my attitude is sort of, if someone commits the most heinous crime possible as defined by the state of Arizona, then they should receive the highest penalty offered by the state of Arizona.

If that's what she said then yes I would concur that it could mean she needs to retain counsel.

oh my, that's going to put a dent in her retirement fund and she said today, it wasnt much of one.

:eek:

From the judge:
"This takes priority so you need to be here either Tuesday or Monday"
Alyce battles on...
"Miss V don't tell me your personal issues."

I think the judge has had enough of ALV whining and complaining. She put herself in a HIGH PRIORITY trial and she is not treating it as such. I'm glad to see the judge finally put her foot down publicly. I wonder how much has gone on behind the scenes that we do not know about besides her complaining about people being mean on the internet.

My bet is ALV will claim medical illness and get a doctor's note and will not show up Monday or Tuesday. She just doesn't seem to respect the court IMO. That is based on a PATTERN of behavior I have observed throughout her testimony.

HOLY COW... After a very busy day at work, I finally had a minute to login and see what happened today in the courtroom and it sounds like it was a bonkers day... more intense jury questions, more ALV BS, admonitions, another juror excused, ALV being questioned by judge on Monday.... :what:

Kinda biting my nails over here not knowing what is going on. I have plans tonight but anticipate a very late night date with my laptop and some popcorn afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500