Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for saying this. It sure does seem unusual for that girl to ask her to describe what she had on. This "issue" has been raised many times as a possible scenario, but this was the first time I heard that a text "allegedly" was sent to Brittanee asking her to describe her outfit. Really if I could, I'd want to ask these "friends" if they have any regrets about that trip. Do they feel sorry at all about Brittanee's disappearance. Do they really have so much animosity and mean spirit in their hearts that they could never speak cordially to DD and at the very least say they were sorry her daughter is gone. I also want to know if any of them have returned to MB in the past 4 years for a "leisurely vacation". If any of them did this, did they think about Brittanee and wonder what happened to her.

I was so hopeful about Susan Murphy taking such an interest in the case and am very saddened that she lost her life to cancer. She had seemed so determined to, at the very least, get these girls to tell what they know. Seems like there have been so many hopes for an answer, only to get shot down in the end. Bless her for wanting to help DD and get an answer for the family. So sorry for Susan Murphy's family and loved ones.

I honestly think that she was just asked because someone (JO) was pissed she had her top on & had only asked to wear her shorts. She is a confrontational person. Anyone that ever witnessed her defensiveness on the initial FB room w/in days if Britts disappearance knew that. Nastiness spewed from her when on the defense & she was protective if her own things. Not sure if you were there but imagine her being one if the few that barely knew Britt-loaned her clothes since she didn't bring much then she got annoyed when she wore more than asked for.

As for the kids-read PBs twitter feed-no regrets, check out a few FBs-none there either. These kids are still out & partying w/I a care in the world. Not a friend any of us would want to have....it makes you sad doesn't it? The vacation she chose to defy her parents on turned out to not only result in her disappearance but was full of miserable people.

Im kinda surprised with there being a group of kids plus parents and relatives iam surprised we have not seen anyone on britt's threads trying to give thier pont of view anyone ever talked to anyone close to this case before on here...

Im kinda surprised with there being a group of kids plus parents and relatives iam surprised we have not seen anyone on britt's threads trying to give thier pont of view anyone ever talked to anyone close to this case before on here...

I know a few individuals but I'm not comfortable naming names tbh.

I agree with as selfish and self serving as most of these people seem to be you would think they would be all over here trying to find somewhere else to place their blame or at least make it clear they were not involved

I agree with as selfish and self serving as most of these people seem to be you would think they would be all over here trying to find somewhere else to place their blame or at least make it clear they were not involved

That would require them to actually think about it & I'm pretty sure that isn't the case. They won't even attend a yearly vigil or acknowledge a family member so I'm not shocked they aren't here-except PB-he seems to love the attention.

The girl on the left is one of the "friends" Jennifer O the one on the right was not at MB she was someone from JO's past when she lived in NC. This pic is from a year or 2 prior to the MB trip Britt disappeared on.

Thanks for the info!!

First, I want to apologize for not responding sooner. I've been trying to think of how best to say this & not come off to annoying or offensive.

Second, thank you RochNYchick for saying what I really wanted to but couldn't find the words. I was really fighting listening to the blog again but knew I had to. After seeing what the family & others had been put through by KD-including CD I didn't want to get into all that again but I did listen again. There were so many things inconsistent with the case even at that point & I'm thinking that is what led to the release of the letter from DD on Britts site. But I have a feeling there was more to CDs absense on that show.

Third-I know for a fact that the shirt Britt went missing in was not hers, it belonged to JO & she was texting her asking her what she was wearing because they were going out to that night & she wanted to wear the shirts. There was a discussion earlier about Brittanee borrowing JOs clothes but not all of the outfit was asked for permission to wear. So the questions about what she was wearing were to find out what she had on -this is what I was told from someone that talked directly to JO about it. (Yes DD has this info) Not to be too over the top but I think the baggy factor comes from JO being a very busty but petite girl were Britt was petite but not overly busty.

Lastly, Susan Murphy Milano was an amazing woman that did wonderful things. I only wish she could have had the chance to complete her plans with the blog for Britt, I truly hope that someone takes the info she had & restarts it. Because IMO she wasn't done with it. If I'm right, I'm sure in the least those "friends" would be shocked at what people know about them.

BBM

I find it very hard to believe that any of these people can tell the truth. They won't even talk about BD or her disappearance, or to BD's family. So I'm not believeing anything that comes out of these people's mouth. They are very selfish brats that need a dose of reality. JO could say anything to make herself look better.

I too am sad to learn about Susan Murphy's death. I had high hope that she would get some kind of breakthrough on Britt's case.

BBM

I find it very hard to believe that any of these people can tell the truth. They won't even talk about BD or her disappearance, or to BD's family. So I'm not believeing anything that comes out of these people's mouth. They are very selfish brats that need a dose of reality. JO could say anything to make herself look better.

I too am sad to learn about Susan Murphy's death. I had high hope that she would get some kind of breakthrough on Britt's case.

I'm not saying I believe what she says-but given the situation & the context of the conversation that made sense to me. Thinking about 3 girls in a room with a group of boys & sharing clothes, one happens to be alone in the room, dresses then leaves & the other 2 return & decide to get ready for the evenings plans & JO wants shorts she knew BD had on but sees the top she had on still in the room. It makes sense to me why she'd ask her what she wore. Considering her actions when defending herself & how she responded to this versus other responses this is more believable than other things. Especially since she has an alibi for the time BD went missing & not just per her say so. But we're all entitled to our own opinion. I just think dismissing it all will get us no further than we are now.

I'm not saying I believe what she says-but given the situation & the context of the conversation that made sense to me. Thinking about 3 girls in a room with a group of boys & sharing clothes, one happens to be alone in the room, dresses then leaves & the other 2 return & decide to get ready for the evenings plans & JO wants shorts she knew BD had on but sees the top she had on still in the room. It makes sense to me why she'd ask her what she wore. Considering her actions when defending herself & how she responded to this versus other responses this is more believable than other things. Especially since she has an alibi for the time BD went missing & not just per her say so. But we're all entitled to our own opinion. I just think dismissing it all will get us no further than we are now.

First, I see exactly what you mean about girls in a hotel at the beach sharing clothing. I took my daughter and her friend to MB when they were inO middle school. I had bought my daughter a set of shorts and tops for each day of the week we were there. The girl that went with us immediately scooped up several sets of the outfits for herself and began to wear them. I was mad as a lunatic but held it in. Her parents could afford to buy her own clothes but chose not to. I get that these girls were all trying to "look good" at the beach, but, this possible scenario of this girl asking her to describe what she is wearing for the purpose of someone else being able to pick her out in a crowd does not mesh with this girl having an alibi. She had the time to send the text and ask and shortly thereafter, Brittanee was seemingly grabbed right off the street. She could have sent that text from anywhere that her "alibi" placed her. I am not flat outright accusing her, but until I listened to the radio blog show and found out this text "allegedly" existed, it put the "possible scenario in my mind". I followed Brittanee's disappearance from day one, and joined WS in June. It was discussed a lot on these threads in the past 4 years, that perhaps she was set up. I had moved on from this being a possibility, but it brought it back to me after finding out about the text. Why, why, why don't these people want to do whatever it takes to clear themselves. What could possibly be wrong with telling what they DO know. They are causing others to wonder about them by being seemingly cold and uninterested in finding out what happened to this beautiful girl who will never get married and have children or go to college or go on more vacations.

First, I see exactly what you mean about girls in a hotel at the beach sharing clothing. I took my daughter and her friend to MB when they were inO middle school. I had bought my daughter a set of shorts and tops for each day of the week we were there. The girl that went with us immediately scooped up several sets of the outfits for herself and began to wear them. I was mad as a lunatic but held it in. Her parents could afford to buy her own clothes but chose not to. I get that these girls were all trying to "look good" at the beach, but, this possible scenario of this girl asking her to describe what she is wearing for the purpose of someone else being able to pick her out in a crowd does not mesh with this girl having an alibi. She had the time to send the text and ask and shortly thereafter, Brittanee was seemingly grabbed right off the street. She could have sent that text from anywhere that her "alibi" placed her. I am not flat outright accusing her, but until I listened to the radio blog show and found out this text "allegedly" existed, it put the "possible scenario in my mind". I followed Brittanee's disappearance from day one, and joined WS in June. It was discussed a lot on these threads in the past 4 years, that perhaps she was set up. I had moved on from this being a possibility, but it brought it back to me after finding out about the text. Why, why, why don't these people want to do whatever it takes to clear themselves. What could possibly be wrong with telling what they DO know. They are causing others to wonder about them by being seemingly cold and uninterested in finding out what happened to this beautiful girl who will never get married and have children or go to college or go on more vacations.

BBM
First that blog show-considering its sources I wouldn't trust much of. Second, while there may be a text we don't know the context of it. However assuming its all true-we don't know the "purpose" for sure, we can only guess. While I can say JO trying to set BD up for an abduction is a possibility it'd make more sense to show someone her pics from her phone than to bother going that route. I also didn't mean this was her alibi. Her alibi-as verified by MBPD was that she was actually at the station after UO & VN called her for bail once they were pulled over. I don't believe VN was arrested but I know UO was & I know she was there & paid his bail.

I had a feeling that there was a lot of animosity throughout Brittanee's family, especially when it comes to KD. They all probably keep their distance no closer than within arms length of each other, and probably only that close for the sake of finding Brittanee.

C4M- which boys out of the group were arrested? Was is UO and PO or UO and NC? and do you know if AL was with JO when she went to the station to post bail? I think AL and Peter are/were good friends at one point..

I had a feeling that there was a lot of animosity throughout Brittanee's family, especially when it comes to KD. They all probably keep their distance no closer than within arms length of each other, and probably only that close for the sake of finding Brittanee.

C4M- which boys out of the group were arrested? Was is UO and PO or UO and NC? and do you know if AL was with JO when she went to the station to post bail? I think AL and Peter are/were good friends at one point..

Christina691- In short-the story I heard was that UO & VN were driving car. They were arrested. JO was called for bail money. JO & PO went to the station in JOs car. I've found the record of UOs arrest but not VN. This was UOs 2nd arrest in a few days, once prior to Britts arrival. So question is who went with who driving down?

As for AL & PB- you're right, they were & from what I see they still are. Interestingly enough, of the group those 2 are the only ones that were friends with Britt outside of a few parties prior to MB or being friends of JG or another mutual friend.

I wonder if people realize that PB & his group were in MB days before Brittanee? I've seen pics dated 4/18, 4/19-the Saturday & Sunday prior to Britts arrival on I believe Thursday 4/23 (night of Club Kryptonite).

In 12 days it will be be 4 years.

:praying:

Attachments

• britt.jpg
    britt.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 19
Christina691- In short-the story I heard was that UO & VN were driving car. They were arrested. JO was called for bail money. JO & PO went to the station in JOs car. I've found the record of UOs arrest but not VN. This was UOs 2nd arrest in a few days, once prior to Britts arrival. So question is who went with who driving down?

As for AL & PB- you're right, they were & from what I see they still are. Interestingly enough, of the group those 2 are the only ones that were friends with Britt outside of a few parties prior to MB or being friends of JG or another mutual friend.

I wonder if people realize that PB & his group were in MB days before Brittanee? I've seen pics dated 4/18, 4/19-the Saturday & Sunday prior to Britts arrival on I believe Thursday 4/23 (night of Club Kryptonite).

We're on the same page because I know exactly what pictures you're talking about with the other group of girls from Rochester with Peter and the rest of the guys in VIP @ Kryptonite. PB did say they stayed an entire week. The same group of girls that said PB was harmless & had no part in all of this because they had hung out with him & been in and out of their rooms the whole trip.

Wasn't it a noise ordinance charge? I wonder what he did to get arrested twice in less than three days.. I wish there was a way to see that MBPD "call for service" log that shows in detail the calls placed to MBPD for complaints & what not. I've seen it before, but it only goes back to like October 2010 I think.

Do you know if PB and his boys went out that night? I know they told police they had gone to a college party, but that's all I heard of that. I feel like we've all seen the pictures these kids were taking every day/night of this Spring Break trip, yet ironically I've never seen any pictures from April 25, 2009 of them at a restaurant, at the club, on the beach, driving in the car, in the hotel room, at the pool....nothing. Supposedly, none of these "friends" realized Brittanee was missing until around one or two AM. They last heard from her around 8:30 but didn't realize "hey, something isn't right. She should have been back with the shorts way before now". They obviously went out and did something that night, it was their last night there, so where are the pictures? If they had all went along to post bail at the police department, this would make up for some time but they did not all go..

Surelly thier is a list of each student that went to MB that weekend . IF iam mom drexell or Dad drexell iam making that list and going to each name on that list and getting awnsers from each individul ...Maybe thats justtlly what happend the tipe of guy iam but that's exactlly what I would be doing...Someone then lawyers up good its not coming cheap I have the police behind me not costing me a thing lets see how long the averege mom and dad can pay before they say alright look it your gonna go sit down with the police and the drexell's and tell what you know ...Iam sure there would be a few more familly's in the same situation moneywisethat eventually they walk thier kid down thier themselves........But Hey Maybe thats just me......

We're on the same page because I know exactly what pictures you're talking about with the other group of girls from Rochester with Peter and the rest of the guys in VIP @ Kryptonite. PB did say they stayed an entire week. The same group of girls that said PB was harmless & had no part in all of this because they had hung out with him & been in and out of their rooms the whole trip.

Wasn't it a noise ordinance charge? I wonder what he did to get arrested twice in less than three days.. I wish there was a way to see that MBPD "call for service" log that shows in detail the calls placed to MBPD for complaints & what not. I've seen it before, but it only goes back to like October 2010 I think.

Do you know if PB and his boys went out that night? I know they told police they had gone to a college party, but that's all I heard of that. I feel like we've all seen the pictures these kids were taking every day/night of this Spring Break trip, yet ironically I've never seen any pictures from April 25, 2009 of them at a restaurant, at the club, on the beach, driving in the car, in the hotel room, at the pool....nothing. Supposedly, none of these "friends" realized Brittanee was missing until around one or two AM. They last heard from her around 8:30 but didn't realize "hey, something isn't right. She should have been back with the shorts way before now". They obviously went out and did something that night, it was their last night there, so where are the pictures? If they had all went along to post bail at the police department, this would make up for some time but they did not all go..

There were the Club K pics but also some from a pool hall & PBs room as well.

As for the charges, first I want to correct myself, the lack of charges was bothering me & I went to check VN again & was able to find them. There was actually "littering" charges for him on 4/25, a noise ordinance for UO on 4/25 in addition to "driving without a license" charges on UO for both 4/21 & 4/25. I'm thinking they must have been causing quite an issue to be held overnight. I can see UO since he had been ticketed previously, but to keep VN (& maybe he really wasn't?) for littering? I remember seeing the call logs back in 2009 but don't recall seeing anything that made sense, I've always just thought MBPD saw them and used the noise ordinance to pull them over & check things out.

I think the pics of AL & Britt are from the morning/afternoon of 4/25 behind PBs hotel, JMO though. But I know what you mean, not a lot of pics. Although they had some from the ride home where they seem to be having a great time. As for the happenings of that evening, I'm not sure how long JO & PO were at the station getting car & arranging bail, but in the meantime that would leave NC, LD, AH, AL & KS at the hotel -right? So if Britt told JO & AL she was on her way back, JO gets called away, why was AL not wondering where Britt was? (Her friend of 3-4 YEARS) I mean maybe she was, we haven't seen those text messages. However, from what DD has said the girls would take her calls or call her back. I'd think if you combine the 2 things-I'd pick up that phone. 2things being Britt not returning & her mom calling, even if you're scared because you know your friend left town against parents permission. I'm sure her VM said something about not being able to locate her. Am I wrong?

I was told the group from Britts room went to another friends hotel after the station ordeal. Where they were asked if they'd seen Britt-again was AL worried? PB & group says they went to a college party & so does his lawyer. HOWEVER, maybe it's just me but as many pics as they were taking -even later deleting -not one has surfaced to say he was there? Not one person from that party has said "Hey, I partied with those guys that night!" Or "They were at my house!"etc. Even today PB posts every odd detail of his life...so why not one photo to say see I was here between 9pm & 1-2am?

ETA: I also heard that the group Britt went with said they weren't worried that she truly was missing initially since she was usually away with PB or others until 2-3 am other nights. But to me if she said she was on her way she should have shown up or said otherwise. Again-who knows is there were texts from them looking for her...

Surelly thier is a list of each student that went to MB that weekend . IF iam mom drexell or Dad drexell iam making that list and going to each name on that list and getting awnsers from each individul ...Maybe thats justtlly what happend the tipe of guy iam but that's exactlly what I would be doing...Someone then lawyers up good its not coming cheap I have the police behind me not costing me a thing lets see how long the averege mom and dad can pay before they say alright look it your gonna go sit down with the police and the drexell's and tell what you know ...Iam sure there would be a few more familly's in the same situation moneywisethat eventually they walk thier kid down thier themselves........But Hey Maybe thats just me......

I think you are giving the "students" too much credit. In the group Britt was with & PB was with - she was the only one still in HS. All the others were 18-25! Most of these "students" couldn't be bothered to talk to Brittanees parents. I wish they thought like you or had a parent that did, maybe then more would be known about Britts case. There were others that she was friends with in her HS & other HSs nearby, but I'm not sure that they've been much more help either. I truly believe that some of them know something without even realizing that they do.

There were the Club K pics but also some from a pool hall & PBs room as well.

As for the charges, first I want to correct myself, the lack of charges was bothering me & I went to check VN again & was able to find them. There was actually "littering" charges for him on 4/25, a noise ordinance for UO on 4/25 in addition to "driving without a license" charges on UO for both 4/21 & 4/25. I'm thinking they must have been causing quite an issue to be held overnight. I can see UO since he had been ticketed previously, but to keep VN (& maybe he really wasn't?) for littering? I remember seeing the call logs back in 2009 but don't recall seeing anything that made sense, I've always just thought MBPD saw them and used the noise ordinance to pull them over & check things out.

I think the pics of AL & Britt are from the morning/afternoon of 4/25 behind PBs hotel, JMO though. But I know what you mean, not a lot of pics. Although they had some from the ride home where they seem to be having a great time. As for the happenings of that evening, I'm not sure how long JO & PO were at the station getting car & arranging bail, but in the meantime that would leave NC, LD, AH, AL & KS at the hotel -right? So if Britt told JO & AL she was on her way back, JO gets called away, why was AL not wondering where Britt was? (Her friend of 3-4 YEARS) I mean maybe she was, we haven't seen those text messages. However, from what DD has said the girls would take her calls or call her back. I'd think if you combine the 2 things-I'd pick up that phone. 2things being Britt not returning & her mom calling, even if you're scared because you know your friend left town against parents permission. I'm sure her VM said something about not being able to locate her. Am I wrong?

I was told the group from Britts room went to another friends hotel after the station ordeal. Where they were asked if they'd seen Britt-again was AL worried? PB & group says they went to a college party & so does his lawyer. HOWEVER, maybe it's just me but as many pics as they were taking -even later deleting -not one has surfaced to say he was there? Not one person from that party has said "Hey, I partied with those guys that night!" Or "They were at my house!"etc. Even today PB posts every odd detail of his life...so why not one photo to say see I was here between 9pm & 1-2am?

ETA: I also heard that the group Britt went with said they weren't worried that she truly was missing initially since she was usually away with PB or others until 2-3 am other nights. But to me if she said she was on her way she should have shown up or said otherwise. Again-who knows is there were texts from them looking for her...

But I thought that Brittanee had not been hanging out with AL or JO or anyone in that group because of how mean they had been to her? That would be really weird if her and AL were hanging out on the beach just earlier that afternoon before she went missing. I've always heard that by the second day there, they really weren't associating with Brittanee. That would make AL look even worse if they were together on the beach that morning and then just a few hours later got into an argument or whatever and made Brittanee walk all the way back to the hotel to return them. It was my understanding that Brittanee had met up with PB and his friends on the beach behind his hotel, but I didn't think AL was in the mix anywhere even though she was kind of close to Peter it seems like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong