Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew him only a little bit. He was interested in motor cycles and he and my sister had a mutual friend who worked on bikes. I knew him through her. i only met him a few times. I however was familiar with Wendy as my boyfriend around that time was her ex ( I know at 16 right.).

I think we were all like that at that age lol. I kinda wish thats all parents had to worry about now days! Jenn was the age of my older step kids so this case really hits home for me. As far as steve, that was strange back then when that happened, They were all having a party at the stone quary and that happened, many rumors on that case as well. Lets hope we here of a arrest soon for Jenn!

OMG, I just heard about the bomb attack in Boston.

That pipe bomb scare we discussed upthread - does anyone know if that was just a complete mistake, or if it was deliberately placed there to scare people? The news articles didn't really say.

The only reason I ask is that terrorists have been known to make fake, 'trial runs' to test LE response and distract attention from the real target. That was always happening when I lived in London. It just seems a bit of a coincidence to me, even if Boston is far away. Have you locals had any bomb alerts before?

I hope the FBI and anti-terror squad are aware of it anyway. I'm sure they would want to know if there is any possibility 'the pipe bomb' was put there deliberately.

OMG, I just heard about the bomb attack in Boston.

That pipe bomb scare we discussed upthread - does anyone know if that was just a complete mistake, or if it was deliberately placed there to scare people? The news articles didn't really say.

The only reason I ask is that terrorists have been known to make fake, 'trial runs' to test LE response and distract attention from the real target. That was always happening when I lived in London. It just seems a bit of a coincidence to me, even if Boston is far away. Have you locals had any bomb alerts before?

I hope the FBI and anti-terror squad are aware of it anyway. I'm sure they would want to know if there is any possibility 'the pipe bomb' was put there deliberately.

It is believed the 2 bombs were deliberately placed and went off 10 seconds of each other. other I don't think any other details are out about who or why as of yet

incompetence:

lack of physical or intellectual ability or qualifications

lacking the power to perform

deflection:

a turning aside (of your course or attention or concern);

any diversion intended to distract attention from the main issue

:treadmill:

Has anyone heard anything about any further searches by the Sheriff's Office? I really hope they have found whatever it is they were looking for. I would have thought that if they were looking for items, asking the public to keep their eyes open would be really helpful.

I'm a bit surprised that LE don't seem to have realised that by not having extensive and exhaustive searches for the items of clothing Ganesh Ramsaran said Jennifer was wearing that day, it........well, it suggests something to me. I don't know if it suggests the same to others.

Her missing person description did contain details of her clothing. Isn't it normal procedure to reissue that description when a missing person's body is found in very suspicious circumstances, with clothing missing? And ask people to look out for the missing items? I know there is always the risk of people contaminating evidence by picking it up, but I'd guess at least 95 per cent of people have watched enough crime shows on TV to know you are not supposed to do that. That figure probably rises to 100 per cent for people posting on WS.

As I sit here in the sunshine state today, I cannot help but want to just invite unhappy people to go live in Chenango County...it is becoming clear that one can get away with murder there...and it is way cheaper than divorce...

As the news unfolded yesterday from Boston, where I also once resided, I could not help but be proud of how they handled the crisis...the marathon and the holiday may never be quite the same...but knowing how tight knit that city, and state are...I know in my heart, that they will do everything that they can, to help those affected by the bombings.:please:

To be quite honest, I am angry and disappointed, that LE has chosen to not use the many resources, that they have available to them, in this day of so much technology.:twocents:

This morning, I spoke to someone who lives very near, to where Jennifer was found, and they didn't even know, that she was dead. They read the newspaper...but rely upon the TV mostly, and just thought she was still missing....so I guess, it is a good place to live....but only if you do not place much stock in the competence of the local media and law enforcement...:banghead:

I love the area...and it is where I call my home, or did...but simply cannot see what good it has done, to remain silent...can you????:rocker:

I'm a bit surprised that LE don't seem to have realized that by not having extensive and exhaustive searches for the items of clothing Ganesh Ramsaran said Jennifer was wearing that day, it........well, it suggests something to me. I don't know if it suggests the same to others.

RSBM:

1. ego 2. involvement 3. cowardice 4. election

Has anyone heard anything about any further searches by the Sheriff's Office? I really hope they have found whatever it is they were looking for. I would have thought that if they were looking for items, asking the public to keep their eyes open would be really helpful.

I'm a bit surprised that LE don't seem to have realised that by not having extensive and exhaustive searches for the items of clothing Ganesh Ramsaran said Jennifer was wearing that day, it........well, it suggests something to me. I don't know if it suggests the same to others.

Her missing person description did contain details of her clothing. Isn't it normal procedure to reissue that description when a missing person's body is found in very suspicious circumstances, with clothing missing? And ask people to look out for the missing items? I know there is always the risk of people contaminating evidence by picking it up, but I'd guess at least 95 per cent of people have watched enough crime shows on TV to know you are not supposed to do that. That figure probably rises to 100 per cent for people posting on WS.

Maybe LE already has those items. They could have been in the van or maybe found near her body and they just arent saying. They havent told anyone anything about what leads they do have. Its either that or they just figure those items were thrown out in a dumpster or something to where they wouldnt be found. this whole case from the very first was not handled in the typical missing person case way. I thought it was strange that her husband never went out searching for her on his own and hiring that missing person firm is unusual for around here too. Its almost like she was hired to deflect attention away from the crime and to start the rumor mill running and create a disturbance to keep Jenns supporters and friends and family from trying to figure out what happened to her. And all this secrecy from LE has me beginning to wonder if they havent got a clue, and are just hoping that silence will make this fade away and be forgotten about? If they are still asking for info about the van, then they must not have gotten much evidence from their investigation of that. There must not have been suspicious fingerprints or DNA or soil samples done or they didnt show anything that would help their case. Theyve never even said what the blood found was all about. Was it Jenns? Was the blood typed or checked for DNA? If someone else drove that van there other than her husband or her, then surely, it would have some fingerprints inside it? Of course, it was cold out and whoever did this may have been wearing gloves so there would be no fingerprints. JMO

BBM
As I sit here in the sunshine state today, I cannot help but want to just invite unhappy people to go live in Chenango County...it is becoming clear that one can get away with murder there...and it is way cheaper than divorce...

As the news unfolded yesterday from Boston, where I also once resided, I could not help but be proud of how they handled the crisis...the marathon and the holiday may never be quite the same...but knowing how tight knit that city, and state are...I know in my heart, that they will do everything that they can, to help those affected by the bombings.:please:

To be quite honest, I am angry and disappointed, that LE has chosen to not use the many resources, that they have available to them, in this day of so much technology.:twocents:

This morning, I spoke to someone who lives very near, to where Jennifer was found, and they didn't even know, that she was dead. They read the newspaper...but rely upon the TV mostly, and just thought she was still missing....so I guess, it is a good place to live....but only if you do not place much stock in the competence of the local media and law enforcement...:banghead:

I love the area...and it is where I call my home, or did...but simply cannot see what good it has done, to remain silent...can you????:rocker:

Now that lack of awareness really worries me. Really. If the news of Jennifer's death hasn't got out properly, what hope is there for an appeal for tips? I was thinking in terms of people trying to recall the wrong colour car - but it seems the information flow may have a more fundamental problem.

Are there any flyers posted along the routes Jennifer's vehicle is thought to have travelled, do you know?

LE obviously doesn't want anyone's help. Why?? As momrids said, I bet ego is a big part of it. I also have to wonder if they're protecting the guilty party (a la Drew Peterson, as I've mentioned previously). They seem to want for this to all just go away, and they're hoping that if they remain silent, people will eventually forget about it and move on (like horse said).

Even IF they have all their ducks in a row and are just waiting for final tox results before making an arrest, it would still be completely unprofessional and irresponsible not to seek additional tips and evidence.

This whole thing was fishy from the get-go. They never seemed to place any importance on actually finding JENNIFER. If not for an alert citizen, she'd still be out there, lying in a ditch, because LE was too stubborn and/or egotistical and/or protective of the perp to allow people to actually search for her.

I know I've said all this before (and know I'm repeating some of what the rest of you already said), but all I can really do at this point is just shake my head and voice my opinion. It is beyond frustrating.

As somebody who lives in a small town community (born and brought up here) I find it somewhat staggering people in the local area don't know about this, especially after 4 months. I really can't understand the lack of media coverage on the suspicious death in the area.

As somebody who lives in a small town community (born and brought up here) I find it somewhat staggering people in the local area don't know about this, especially after 4 months. I really can't understand the lack of media coverage on the suspicious death in the area.

It really is odd. It seems like the media would like to put out stories that people find interesting.... yet hardly a word about a murder in their small community.

Somebody is keeping this whole thing on the down-low for some reason. I would really like to know who, and why.

The only other alternative I can think of is that people just simply do not care. A murdered mother? Eh, just a small blip on the radar. I would find this hard to understand, though; it's not as if Jennifer was a criminal or a druggie or a prostitute, which let's face it, does seem to diminish a person's importance in the eyes of the public (not saying it's right, just saying what typically is). Early on, we didn't even see any of her friends or family speaking out for her -- not a word from any of them, iirc. Very sad.

I live in a small town and news travels quickly. If your ear isn't next to the grapevine while it's being discussed, you'll miss it. But, the locals won't have forgotten completely. Anytime I bring up Kyron Horman, they say "oh, isn't that the boy who went missing from the school up near Portland?"

A few of us have noted the remarkable similarities between Jennifer's case and Aussie Allison Baden Clay's case .. a whole long list of things that are so similar, (possibly including no definite COD).

But the one big difference here is that Gerard Baden Clay was arrested for the murder of his wife, based on strong circumstantial evidence, 8 weeks after the murder. We then waited months and months for all the forensic testings to be finalised before the case could proceed.

No-one has been arrested for Jennifer's murder based on strong circumstantial evidence, and while forensics are finalised. It has been 18 weeks !!

Working on a new thread, will be closing this one shortly...

Not sure if i can post this but i met steve and he doesn't really seem to be the type to murder someone. He had many friends and even a girlfriend when the murder happened. Alot of strange twist in that case, missing poly test that was passed etc. He always said he would be a rich man when he gets out!

Interesting info on personality type of that murderer -- outgoing, well-liked by many, philanderer, narcissistic(?)

I can assure you that none of these crimes are connected.

The drug culture here has had a similar execution (Francisco) in the case of Bill Lee.

FWIW the neighbors didn't even know Franciso was living in the trailer or even heard the shots. It was almost like he was in hiding. Rewards were posting in that case at the time and LE was certain someone will roll over for the money but it never happened.

I agree that the 2 crimes are unconnected.

Except...in the location of where Jenn's body was left...very near to where Mr. Francisco was found dead...

...did the perp choose this location because it was close to a former unsolved murder site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304