Regroup/Refocus for 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realized I had the wrong age progression photo so I did it again. It's now on Facebook ready to share world wide.

SK

~ I have had a few shares thus far, the most exciting one yet is a girl I met from Greece. She is an adoptee searching for her family and I met her on an adoption group on Facebook. She shared Anna's plaque and mentioned that she has had a few friends who also shared it. This girl is from Yiáltra, Evvoia, Greece. Do we know how far that is from the city where Dr. Waters was? Sorry, I can't recall the name of the city at this time but wanted to put this out there.

I will still search different groups on FB which I feel maybe of help if I joined and shared Anna's plaque in order to really get it out there. It's not that easy. We've all seen the adoptee photos' looking for family and seems they get a lot of shares...... I'm hoping in time it will be circulated to more places.

Have a great day!
SK

I realized I had the wrong age progression photo so I did it again. It's now on Facebook ready to share world wide.

SK

Great work, SideKick. Two things: That age progression was dated April 10, 2012, progressed to age 44. Also, Detective Gilletti is now Sgt. Gilletti. Thank you!

~ I have had a few shares thus far, the most exciting one yet is a girl I met from Greece. She is an adoptee searching for her family and I met her on an adoption group on Facebook. She shared Anna's plaque and mentioned that she has had a few friends who also shared it. This girl is from Yiáltra, Evvoia, Greece. Do we know how far that is from the city where Dr. Waters was? Sorry, I can't recall the name of the city at this time but wanted to put this out there.

I will still search different groups on FB which I feel maybe of help if I joined and shared Anna's plaque in order to really get it out there. It's not that easy. We've all seen the adoptee photos' looking for family and seems they get a lot of shares...... I'm hoping in time it will be circulated to more places.

Have a great day!
SK

Evvoia (Euboeia) is a very large island off the east coast of Greece. Dr. Waters actually did an elective there after his third years of medical school, so obviously he had contacts there.

Evvoia (Euboeia) is a very large island off the east coast of Greece. Dr. Waters actually did an elective there after his third years of medical school, so obviously he had contacts there.

Oh! Good to hear Annasmom. Let me see if there is a FB page for the island.

The more I think about 'where' they planned to send Anna the more sense it makes that it was far away so no one would find her from California. She would have been young enough not to recall that she came from Cali but still have memories. I do wonder tho, if the person/s who took her in were honest folk, who would be willing to do such a thing and live all these years raising Anna knowing her family is still searching for her.... ? Just talking out loud here... trying my best to understand WHO agreed to this despite money being given for her hiding.

Oh! Good to hear Annasmom. Let me see if there is a FB page for the island.

The more I think about 'where' they planned to send Anna the more sense it makes that it was far away so no one would find her from California. She would have been young enough not to recall that she came from Cali but still have memories. I do wonder tho, if the person/s who took her in were honest folk, who would be willing to do such a thing and live all these years raising Anna knowing her family is still searching for her.... ? Just talking out loud here... trying my best to understand WHO agreed to this despite money being given for her hiding.
SK, I can think of a number of scenarios where this might happen. For one, there is a rather large organization in Greece, The Smile of the Child (Hamogelo tou Paidiou) dedicated to reuniting children with their birth families, which means also that there are many such children. Some of them abducted in the Greek civil war after WWII never were returned to their families. Not every Greek speaks English, and Euboia certainly has rural areas without modern communications. Girls are more easily adoptable in Greece than boys because of the laws of inheritance. Etc., Etc.

I also wanted to ask you if whether you have more details on the young woman from Evvia and whether you were able to change the date on the age-advanced picture on Facebook.

SK, I can think of a number of scenarios where this might happen. For one, there is a rather large organization in Greece, The Smile of the Child (Hamogelo tou Paidiou) dedicated to reuniting children with their birth families, which means also that there are many such children. Some of them abducted in the Greek civil war after WWII never were returned to their families. Not every Greek speaks English, and Euboia certainly has rural areas without modern communications. Girls are more easily adoptable in Greece than boys because of the laws of inheritance. Etc., Etc.

I also wanted to ask you if whether you have more details on the young woman from Evvia and whether you were able to change the date on the age-advanced picture on Facebook.

-- what kind of details about the adoptee I met online? She was born in Ontario Canada dec of 72 and adopted out of Quebec. Next week when I am back at work I will re do the plaque referencing the date and age. I don't have the capabilities on my iPad.

This is all good info Annasmom! Something to work with... Hope there is some info online about Smile of the Child. No FB page on the island but a I did see a few other people on FB from the same place as this girl.
Was Dr. Waters in other cities in Greece we should check out as well?

This is all good info Annasmom! Something to work with... Hope there is some info online about Smile of the Child. No FB page on the island but a I did see a few other people on FB from the same place as this girl.
Was Dr. Waters in other cities in Greece we should check out as well?

The Smile of the Child does have a Facebook page, though the text seems to be in Greek. They are associated with the International Center for Missing and Exploited Children, so I assume that they have Anna listed since we filled out all the forms for the international group several years ago. I don't know how one would go about go about checking out other cities in Greece...

ok so does anyone watch redneck vacation on cmt its where this redneck family extended family from Louisiana goes on a vacation someplace this season they are traveling across the us. this past saturdays episode had them at a Navajo Indian reservation someplace in the middle of nowhere in utah . anyways they showed this women and her name was effie and i thought of anna except this effie was older and looked very much native american. was the first time i ever saw the name effie outside of annas case

ok so does anyone watch redneck vacation on cmt its where this redneck family extended family from Louisiana goes on a vacation someplace this season they are traveling across the us. this past saturdays episode had them at a Navajo Indian reservation someplace in the middle of nowhere in utah . anyways they showed this women and her name was effie and i thought of anna except this effie was older and looked very much native american. was the first time i ever saw the name effie outside of annas case
Smile, Anna's name on that second birth certificate was Eifee (with an "i"). I think either Dear Abby or Ann Landers' proper name was Effie.

I'm not sure what Unknown births would be, but I know Doogie checked out all the female babies born in San Francisco on Anna's birthday.

Hi,

Yes, I know Doogie did check back then but hope that they are continuously being checked as we have no way to tell if there is a new one registered. Unknown would mean the person has no other detail about their birth.

thanks and have a wonderful Spring day!

Hi,

Yes, I know Doogie did check back then but hope that they are continuously being checked as we have no way to tell if there is a new one registered. Unknown would mean the person has no other detail about their birth.

thanks and have a wonderful Spring day!

Could these be the adoptee's SherlockJr worked with several years back?

Could these be the adoptee's SherlockJr worked with several years back?

I certainly could be Cubby, but we have no way of cross checking. It only takes one new unknown birth dated Sept. 25/67 which maybe Anna looking. I don't recall the details of how many were listed unknown on this date.

I certainly could be Cubby, but we have no way of cross checking. It only takes one new unknown birth dated Sept. 25/67 which maybe Anna looking. I don't recall the details of how many were listed unknown on this date.

I'm feeling very dumb about this. I don't understand how a birth can be unknown and still be listed in public records as September 25, 1967. Please explain it to me!:blushing:

The city of birth is unknown. I didn't fully explain this at all. Most adoptees are aware of their birth place, so when either the adoptee posts 'unknown' city or perhaps a person on behalf of the adoptee... It makes you wonder that they really don't know. An adoptive parent would tell the child were they were born, there would be a birth certificate (amended or not). So.... That's why my interest in these types of listings.

Whenever something "good" happens in one of the cases on WS (like the ladies from Cleveland rescued and alive), I hope that maybe Anna is out there somewhere watching the news and wondering about her past and getting one step closer to coming home. I'll pray for that anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member