trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #150

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who is bothered by the talking heads on HLN who called the defense witness Dr. Samuels, but are not referring to the prosecution witness as Dr. DeMarte?

The most glaring example was a pro defense talking head on JVM's show.

He said, "Janeen DeMarte didn't get her Masters degree until 2009."

WTH.

And JVM failed to correct him by saying it was her doctorate that she got in 2009. Shame on Jane for the oversight.

Could there be a little sexism at play here by not calling a female witness by her proper title? Or, is it because she's only 32?

I'll let you be the judge.
Interesting question. Mr. Martinez addresses everyone as Mr. or Ma"m . He got called out on it by the defense team ( in reference to Doctor Samuals). I am not the judge but the judge didn't seem to mind it.

Rocco

Here's what made no sense at all to me today----> JW questioned Dr. D about a test that Dr. Samuels had given Jodi and asked her if she had reviewed the questions . She said she had. Then JW start babbling about the test being copyrighted so the questions wouldn't get out to the public because if everyone knew the questions, the test wouldn't be valid anymore. So far, she makes sense. But then she asks Dr. D if she went over the questions and answers with Juan Martinez and she said yes they looked at them together. Keep in mind, while JW is questioning Dr D., she's holding the form with the questions on them and referring to them and waving them around. So here's where she lost me-----she then asks Dr. D why she would share these questions with the prosecutor when he isn't a psychologist since they are copyrighted. Sooooo--what the heck was she doing with the questions then. She isn't a psychologist either.

I'm bringing this forward from 'Rocco', I apologize I'm not savy enough to know really how to forward things like this.

Rocco this is an EXCELLENT point and I wish I had thought of it myself.

If Juan isn't suppose to have a copy or look at this document then why indeed does the DT have a copy.

Good eye.

Was she holding an exhibit? or something entered in for court purposes?

Interesting question. Mr. Martinez addresses everyone as Mr. or Ma"m . He got called out on it by the defense team ( in reference to Doctor Samuals). I am not the judge but the judge didn't seem to mind it.

Not true. He referred to RS as "Doctor Samuels" for the rest of his questioning.

moo

I am no fan of Lenore Walker. I posted earlier today in the rebuttal thread that Lenore Walker was on the witness list to testify on behalf of OJ Simpson that he wasn't an abuser. This, after he pleaded guilty to assaulting his wife (Nicole Brown, whom he later killed by, inter alia, slitting her throat). There were photos of her with black eyes and he even beat her in front of witnesses. Ms. Walker may have started a good thing by bringing the notion of domestic violence to the attention of many, but anyone who was prepared to testify that OJ Simpson did not abuse his wife (after all, murder is the ultimate act of domestic violence) has no respect from me.

Ditto from me.
I wanted to post something about her involvement with OJ too, but I had a post removed earlier for .....well, I have no idea why......and I didn't want to go there. Anyhow, the only thing I really know about Walker is the fact that she is a feminist (don't know how that fit with OJ) but she does scare me. Not sure I'd trust her not to backslide and screw things up.

Am I the only one who is bothered by the talking heads on HLN who called the defense witness Dr. Samuels, but are not referring to the prosecution witness as Dr. DeMarte?

WTH.

And JVM failed to correct him by saying it was her doctorate that she got in 2009. Shame on Jane for the oversight.

Could there be a little sexism at play here by not calling a female witness by her proper title? Or, is it because she's only 32?

There's no excuse for it if they're doing it. She worked hard for that degree and deserves to be addressed appropriately.

Anyone still here? Boy, Nancy Grace finally had her BOMBSHELL TONIGHT moment tonight.....I wondered why JW would "dangle" that accusation that Lenore Walker no longer uses the criteria she used to use. (Without backing it up with proof). The witness looked absolutely stunned at that notion, and told her no, she didn't agree and was unaware of that. That got me curious - I started googling and found this: http://lawandjusticegov.org/psychol...he-battered-women-syndrome-questionnaire.html

Then I tried to get a PDF of this questionnaire that was put together by many people including "To gain insight into BWS and its effect on women across cultures, Lenore Walker and colleagues are continuing the validation process for the Revised Battered Woman Syndrome Questionnaire 2003 (BWSQ–3). Given the violence against women as a universal phenomenon, it is essential to interview women from various cultures. Consequently, data from interviews have been gathered from Russia, Spain, Greece, Colombia, and South Florida. Furthermore, the research has recently begun to take into account incarcerated women who report a history of battering relationships".

I couldn't find it but wanted to compare the alleged "new criteria" to LW's former criteria. So I went and did my thing in the kitchen and my husband somehow flipped the channel to Nancy Grace.....I couldn't believe it - She had LW as her guest. LW stated that she STILL uses the same criteria that this witness uses and also went on to say that she has not yet seen anything in this case that relates to BWS to JA but I don't remember her reason for that.

I have had a few migraines, thankfully not regularly. Several years ago I worked in a real estate office & for Christmas, this really kooky realtor gave me a long silky beanbag-type thing filled with aromatic rice (I think). Had no idea what it was & coming from her I was like what else would I expect. But it turned out to be absolutely wonderful to lay across my forehead & eyes for bad headaches. I've misplaced it so I need to find another. She got it at a MRDD Workshop.

People were making remarks all day about how gross Jodi looked (I know we do it everyday), but it seemed even more prevalent today. Toward the end, she did get really peaked. Maybe not a migraine but something was going on with her.

Just catching up...so the killer had another migraine? Hope she wasn't trying to help JW's floundering cross...hahaha that ship has already SANK.

Seriously the awkwardness seems palpable during her cross....ughhh I can feel it at home. It's. Just So. Bad. :facepalm:

WTH.

HLN does it on purpose...ya just gotta let it roll off your back. Screaming Serenity Now helps too.

I have had a few migraines, thankfully not regularly. Several years ago I worked in a real estate office & for Christmas, this really kooky realtor gave me a long silky beanbag-type thing filled with aromatic rice (I think). Had no idea what it was & coming from her I was like what else would I expect. But it turned out to be absolutely wonderful to lay across my forehead & eyes for bad headaches. I've misplaced it so I need to find another. She got it at a MRDD Workshop.

People were making remarks all day about how gross Jodi looked (I know we do it everyday), but it seemed even more prevalent today. Toward the end, she did get really peaked. Maybe not a migraine but something was going on with her. Not sympathizing with her, but she is on trial for her life so I would think it unreasonable to continue on w/o her present.

Anyone still here? Boy, Nancy Grace finally had her BOMBSHELL TONIGHT moment tonight.....I wondered why JW would "dangle" that accusation that Lenore Walker no longer uses the criteria she used to use. (Without backing it up with proof). The witness looked absolutely stunned at that notion, and told her no, she didn't agree and was unaware of that. That got me curious - I started googling and found this: http://lawandjusticegov.org/psychol...he-battered-women-syndrome-questionnaire.html

Then I tried to get a PDF of this questionnaire that was put together by many people including "To gain insight into BWS and its effect on women across cultures, Lenore Walker and colleagues are continuing the validation process for the Revised Battered Woman Syndrome Questionnaire 2003 (BWSQ–3). Given the violence against women as a universal phenomenon, it is essential to interview women from various cultures. Consequently, data from interviews have been gathered from Russia, Spain, Greece, Colombia, and South Florida. Furthermore, the research has recently begun to take into account incarcerated women who report a history of battering relationships".

I couldn't find it but wanted to compare the alleged "new criteria" to LW's former criteria. So I went and did my thing in the kitchen and my husband somehow flipped the channel to Nancy Grace.....I couldn't believe it - She had LW as her guest. LW stated that she STILL uses the same criteria that this witness uses and also went on to say that she has not yet seen anything in this case that relates to BWS to JA but I don't remember her reason for that.

Yes, indeed she did say that. My, you'd think JW would have been very sure of herself before she stuck that salted foot so far down her throat, but I guess she likes a snack before lunch.

Really hope JW finishes up quickly with Dr D and there are only a few juror questions. I am so looking forward to the gasoline can witness from Walmart.

Not true. He referred to RS as "Doctor Samuels" for the rest of his questioning.

moo

Yes, I was responding to the other poster. He never addressed Doctor Samuels as such while the doctor was on the stand. It didn't seem to be an issue then. I am sorry if I upset you.

Just catching up...so the killer had another migraine? Hope she wasn't trying to help JW's floundering cross...hahaha that ship has already SANK.

Seriously the awkwardness seems palpable during her cross....ughhh I can feel it at home. It's. Just So. Bad. :facepalm:

I told my husband as soon as I saw the TV seeing JA wearing that same green shirt, Oh - she is wearing a familiar sick looking shirt with the greasy hair look and sick look again. She knows they are in trouble. JA is a manipulator, we know this. The Doctor on the stand already has her number, and while JW was being snippy with her, I kept yelling at the TV, psychoanalyze her as you go !!! This is a great witness for the State - I even saw Nurmi over there thinking in his mind, man, this woman is Good !!! I need to use her in some of my cases.....

WTH.

----------

From what I have heard her say I dont think she really gets "into" any trials.I wish Beth had a program. Beth will slip up once in a while but she owns up to it. It would be hard to remember all that especially if ones not paying attention. :seeya:

This may have been pointed out already, and if so forgive me, but near the beginning of today's testimony (maybe 20 or 30 minutes in) the camera cuts to JA showi g her notebook to Nurmi. Nurmi reads what she's written, looks at her and nods.

Wouldn't it be interesting if JA had written "If this doesn't go well, I'll feel a headache coming on."

I want to hear what you think she may have written.

Sounds plausible. She rarely talks to Nurmi. But she would want to come to the aid of her bff, imo.

It is only delaying the inevitable though. Tomorrow, JW is still going to sound like Minnie Mouse on meth. No matter how much frenzied googling JW does tonight, this witness is still going to be a strong advocate for Travis and his grieving family.

HLN does it on purpose...ya just gotta let it roll off your back. Screaming Serenity Now helps too.

Agree..I dont watch them usually for the same reason. The closer to the end of the trial the worse they get so beware if you dont Want to be frustrated.
Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member