Explosion at the Boston Marathon #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could never identify Martin or any of his family in the crowd in that photo. The person that described what they thought was Martin IMO didn't look anything like a male child. Now we know Martin was definitely at site 2. We have a photo of the backpack directly behind him :(

You are right. I think it was me. My apologies. I was under the impression he was at location #1. Having seen this different photo today, it does look like he was at location #2. I still do not think the "running between sites" is true...I hardly think they would look so casual at scene 2 had a bomb just gone off at scene 1. And it's unlikely that they would have had time to run all the way to scene 2 with the crowd of people before the second bomb went off. I think that was more media embellishment.

Krystle is clearly seen deceased :( in a blue shirt near the fence.

I believe she is deceased in that pic as well, notwithstanding the report of the nurse in the triage tent who said she was still alive when she arrived there but didn't suffer. :( I think it was probably a case of WANTING so much to be able to help her.

wondering if the MIT officer shooting is related to the Boston marathon bombers...
Me too. Latest tweet I saw is that the officer has life-threatening wounds. It's not beyond imagining that he might have stopped someone (or ones) on the basis of their looking like a suspect. And they looked to me like pretty bright, college-aged kids, which would fit the location.

belimom, I have been looking at the horrible pics again tonight, too. And I also think that Krystle is at site 2 near Jeff, lying with her head touching her friend's head. I've been trying to find Martin & his family in the before and after shots but for some reason my mind keeps blurring out the details and I can't even remember what he was wearing 5 seconds after I looked at a before photo. :( So I think that's a sign that I need to stop looking at those pics.

Krystle & Jeff were at site 1.

Their legs are in the picture if you look closely. The backpack is behind them, further away from the railing.

I see them also. When looking at things in the distance in a photograph, depth perception gets tricky. I looks like they are all lined up in a row but there could be several feet between the backpack on the ground and their feet.

Me too. Latest tweet I saw is that the officer has life-threatening wounds. It's not beyond imagining that he might have stopped someone (or ones) on the basis of their looking like a suspect. And they looked to me like pretty bright, college-aged kids, which would fit the location.

Especially since they were able to rig up bombs using hobby race car parts!

I really do think that is Martin and his family... He was there with his mom, dad, sister, and brother. :(

I believe it was reported that his dad was actually running in the marathon.

I'm not sure of websleuths rules on posting fundraisers. But has fundraiser for Jeff and Celeste and Sydney there may be others I'm not sure. But you can view there updates and progress there and it shows Celeste meeting the guy who helped her, she also met Bradley Cooper great pictures she looks like she is doing well aside from everything that happened.
On Jeffs page he seems to be doing well also and in one of the post, he already has a electric bed high end mattress , crutches, that will be donated. Aside from all the sadness it is so nice seeing all the love on the pages.

Aargh, I am so confused about who was at which site! So, Krystle & Jeff (and Lu?) were at site 1 and Martin and his family were at site 2?

I've seen a tweet that security guards have surrounded a building on MIT's campus. Not sure of accuracy yet.

I see them also. When looking at things in the distance in a photograph, depth perception gets tricky. I looks like they are all lined up in a row but there could be several feet between the backpack on the ground and their feet.

After looking, i'm pretty sure the back pack is leaning up the tree behind them.

http://i.imgur.com/CbotmNk.jpg

Here is the exact spot on google maps: http://goo.gl/maps/EHnYe

I believe it was reported that his dad was actually running in the marathon.

No. He had an injury and was a spectator with his family. I believe that is the dad in the photo.

You are right. I think it was me. My apologies. I was under the impression he was at location #1. Having seen this different photo today, it does look like he was at location #2. I still do not think the "running between sites" is true...I hardly think they would look so casual at scene 2 had a bomb just gone off at scene 1. And it's unlikely that they would have had time to run all the way to scene 2 with the crowd of people before the second bomb went off. I think that was more media embellishment.

You're totally okay! The photos are very hard to discern with the people so small in them

I know this sounds gross, but could you send me a link to the photos?

There are a few different links I have. They are both gruesome but one more than the other ...PM me.

I believe she is deceased in that pic as well, notwithstanding the report of the nurse in the triage tent who said she was still alive when she arrived there but didn't suffer. :( I think it was probably a case of WANTING so much to be able to help her.

I read many times she died instantly but I also her the triage tent story..I agree with you ,I think she was gone hence the EMT checking her pulse almost immediately.

I think he stated they were just trying to continue to revive her in the tent, that when she got to the tent she was not breathing. That is at least what I remember. I think if she was still alive at the tent that he would not be able to say she didn't suffer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member