Explosion at the Boston Marathon #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Jeffs statement has came out saying one of the suspects setting the bag down right by him.. and it exploded 2:30ish minutes later, I have made a mental note to step away from all bags set down near me when I am in a crowd.

I am not saying anyone standing near it when it was set down, and still standing near it was dumb. There is no way any of those injured killed could have known what was in there. Just saying the first bit is what I have learned from this.

There are a few different links I have. They are both gruesome but one more than the other ...PM me.

I read many times she died instantly but I also her the triage tent story..I agree with you ,I think she was gone hence the EMT checking her pulse almost immediately.

She had no leg in one of the pictures. I really don't think she made it to the triage.

MASS STATE POLICE ‏@MassStatePolice 3m
MSP assisting Cambridge, MIT police in investigation into shooting. Victim is MIT officer. No arrests at this time.

I just looked through the really gruesome set of pics again. I'm not sure, but I believe Krystle is lying on the sidewalk near Jeff. I'm wondering if the other person we thought was Krystle may be someone else?

Yeah Krystle is near Jeff. shes a few feet closer to the street from the pic i'm looking at.

The pic I have a link to is very graphic, it shows all of Krystle not sure what to do with it if you need to see for yourself

maybe pm me

According to this article, Jeff (wheelchair guy) helped ID one of the suspects when he regained consciousness in the hospital: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-19/boston-bombing-victim-in-iconic-photo-helped-identify-attackers.html

Wow. This is amazing:
“He woke up under so much drugs, asked for a paper and pen and wrote, ‘bag, saw the guy, looked right at me,’” Chris Bauman said yesterday in an interview.

Those words may help crack the mystery of who perpetrated one of the highest-profile acts of terror in the U.S. since the 2001 assault on New York City and the Washington area, one that killed three people and wounded scores.

While still in intensive care, Jeff Bauman gave the FBI a description of the man he saw, his brother said. Bauman’s information helped investigators narrow down whom to look for in hours of video of the attack, he said.

And had he not survived his horrific injuries, LE would not have his description, so Cowboy Hat Hero Arredondo who aided him is a hero again.

And I don't think this is true because in the photo they are hanging out on the fencing like they have been there a while. This photo was before the first bomb going off.

They just said on CNN that the 2 girls were at the first bombing and Martin was at the second. I still think Martin is photo-shopped into that pic that shows suspect 2 behind him. The legs don't seem to be in proportion to the upper body.

Really though in all honestly, some of those pictures I saw will never exit my mind. EVER. I really give extreme caution to anyone who goes out and looks for them. Some of them are very awful, and you will probably be better off not going out to look at them.

You are right. I think it was me. My apologies. I was under the impression he was at location #1. Having seen this different photo today, it does look like he was at location #2. I still do not think the "running between sites" is true...I hardly think they would look so casual at scene 2 had a bomb just gone off at scene 1. And it's unlikely that they would have had time to run all the way to scene 2 with the crowd of people before the second bomb went off. I think that was more media embellishment.

I think what was stated was that Martin's family was at scene 2 the whole time, but after the picture we are discussing, the bomb went off at scene 1; they heard it and began scrambling to get over the fence when suspect two's bag blew up at their location. Does that make sense?

Suspect #2 turned north on Fairfield Street and there are no subway stations in that direction. Which means they likely had a vehicle waiting north of Boylston so searching the CCTV in the subway system will likely not help.

I believe it was reported that his dad was actually running in the marathon.

I think that was a rumor. They had gone to watch some friends....

...The boy’s father, Bill Richard, a loved and respected figure in his neighborhood, was with his family when the bomb detonated. He survived with shrapnel damage to his legs.

...As was true for so many of the injured, the family had gone to the race to celebrate the dawn of warm weather and one of Boston’s most cherished events.

The family watched the first part of the race near Hereford Street, several blocks away from Copley Square, according to a family friend. They were keeping watch for friends from their close-knit neighborhood, several of whom were running the race on Monday for charity.

They took a break for ice cream. When they returned around 2:30 p.m., they decided to watch from a spot nearer the finish line, where Martin and his siblings could see the weary runners take their last triumphant steps. Fifteen minutes later, the explosion rocked the sidewalk.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/2013/04/...on-bombings/keiXi55ZFf2YGityy16EuN/story.html

I believe she is deceased in that pic as well, notwithstanding the report of the nurse in the triage tent who said she was still alive when she arrived there but didn't suffer. :( I think it was probably a case of WANTING so much to be able to help her.

I believe she was near death. Perhaps there was still a weak pulse. In the interview I heard, he said he didn't think she could hear him, but he told her he was a nurse and was going to take good care of her. He then administered CPR, but it was sadly ineffective.

Btw I was in town today and there is still a ton of security. Random searches on both the commuter rail (Worcester line anyway) and T. So even though they have IDd (somewhat) these guys they aren't taking any chances.

Since Jeffs statement has came out saying one of the suspects setting the bag down right by him.. and it exploded 2:30ish minutes later, I have made a mental note to step away from all bags set down near me when I am in a crowd.
<snippped for space>

Oddly, that was my first thought as well. :eek:

CNN is reporting one source believes that this was related to a convenience store robbery that the suspect was confronted by the officer. Not substantiated yet.

Yeah Krystle is near Jeff. shes a few feet closer to the street from the pic i'm looking at.

The pic I have a link to is very graphic, it shows all of Krystle not sure what to do with it if you need to see for yourself

maybe pm me

I've seen them all, unfortunately... wish I hadn't. :no:

I do see the woman with the blue top, who most think is her. But in another picture, there's a different person with her head near Jeff's, lying on or near a gray bag/shirt that says 'Philadelphia Marathon' or something of the sort. The face also looks alot like Krystle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow