weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #154

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so sorry for that. I understand all too well. In a way I wish JD had diagnosed JA with anti social disorder because I believe that is really what is wrong with her and other people with anti social disorder aren't going to take offense because they don't believe there is anything wrong with them. I think JD was being conservative for whatever reason in not going that far. Maybe the defense would say it was too prejudicial to their client. It seems that anything that shows her true colors is prejudicial to her, because she is guilty as sin and there is not way to put lipstick on that pig.
I hope everyone who is hurt because they think people will equate them with this monster is able to see the truth, that no one could possible be like JA because she is, fortunately, rare. True evil is not as common as those with BPD but I guess since JD wouldn't be able to use that truthful diagnosis she had to go with that one, which doesn't even begin to describe the real person JA is.

I don't think JDM was allowed to go further down the road of what's wrong with JA. I would think going beyond to ASPD would be too prejudicial. JMO. We talked about this earlier, and I truly believe JDM could have said MUCH more about what's ailing Jodi Mcstabby.

I'm watching some blogs I follow on Tumblr regarding it :( Everyone is muttering the same thing:

"I'll never tell anyone.ever."
and
"This is triggering. I just want to die. I'm a monster".

AK, on DD last night one of the female doc's and DD spoke about this very issue. Although Jodi most likely has BPD, it isn't the only subcategory of PD she has. Dr. D attempted to elaborate on the additional dx's she believed in her professional opinion Jodi also has such as an adjustment d/o but JW stopped Dr. D from explaining the full picture.

IMO, not all BPD's murder and not all murderer's suffer from BPD. When I look at Jodi it's not the disorder that I notice instead I see a person who is pure evil, absent of a soul and whose aura is the blackest of black. Watching her, especially when she is visually stalking others in the courtroom, convinces me that her just punishment won't be the execution but where she goes after.

Here is a link for you if you need one-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tZKYBlfkxI

It's unreal, I swear. Dr. Horn is literally bug eyed WTF? at certain points. Could be the lowest point for JW, unless I'm missing something.

JW was almost as bad here as she was with dear Janeen. I watched this not that long ago.

She tries to make being shot in the head sound like no big deal. TRULY! Compares it to people who walk in the ER with an arrow in their head and are fine and talking.

The good doctor gives her a nice lesson about the gases, the velocity, etc. which make it quite a different proposition.

Jenny's not too bright.

A murderer, yes, but no common camera thief this one.

She ruined the BMW, then she ruined the camera.

She'd already stolen the ring, it was time to hone her vandalism skills.

I can't remember who originally posted this theory about her leaving the camera behind, but it made sense to me (in a backwards sort of way):

She didn't take the camera with her because in her mind, everyone knew she was "the photographer"... and so if the camera was missing, that would immediately point to her. So she did her level best to delete and destroy the images and the camera.

:dunno: but it is a good theory IMO and if you are the originator, :highfive: and :tyou:

This reminds me of a question I had--do we know if she used detergent and/or bleach in the laundry that she did?

If JA is making all this money selling her scribbles, why in the hell does she have 2 attorneys being paid for by the State of AZ????? No wonder her mom and aunt sit in the court room laughing and giggling and making faces. It's all a joke to them. And a 'joke' on the tax payers of AZ.

I don't think JDM was allowed to go further down the road of what's wrong with JA. I would think going beyond to ASPD would be too prejudicial. JMO. We talked about this earlier, and I truly believe JDM could have said MUCH more about what's ailing Jodi Mcstabby.

I certainly think if Dr D had found a diagnosis of ASPD, she could have and would have provided that testimony. She testified about Borderline Personality Disorder because that's what the tests pointed to.

I always thought that it was because she was known to be a photographer, that it would implicate her should it be found to be missing.

My personal theory has been that she put it in there by mistake. That, in her rush to clean up and get out of there, it got tangled in the sheets and she threw it in there by accident.

I certainly think if Dr D had found a diagnosis of ASPD, she could have and would have provided that testimony. She testified about Borderline Personality Disorder because that's what the tests pointed to.

She found things she wasn't allowed to testify about because she started to mention detachment disorder and was stopped. I heard it. I think she could have said more than she did.

I can't remember who originally posted this theory about her leaving the camera behind, but it made sense to me (in a backwards sort of way):

She didn't take the camera with her because in her mind, everyone knew she was "the photographer"... and so if the camera was missing, that would immediately point to her. So she did her level best to delete and destroy the images and the camera.

:dunno: but it is a good theory IMO and if you are the originator, :highfive: and :tyou:

This reminds me of a question I had--do we know if she used detergent and/or bleach in the laundry that she did?

Bleach was used...

Do you hear this exchange?! :help:

JW: Just so we're clear, you don't have any medical evidence of (the bullet) passing through the brain, right?

Dr. H: It HAD to have passed through the brain.

JW: You don't have any medical evidence of that, do you?

Dr. H: I do, uh, the skull is perforated where the brain is, so it HAD to have passed through the brain. The brain is there.

JW: Well...but you have no idea...you have no medical evidence of how far or what part of the brain (the bullet) exactly would have hit, right?

Dr. H: It would have passed through the right frontal lobe, I just don't have any evidence of hemorrhage now because of decomposition. But it HAD to have passed through the brain because of the part of the skull that was injured. The brain in a young person especially, is flush against that structure. The brain occupies that entire skull. So to have a hole in the skull here (pointing to forehead), and an exit in here (pointing near sinus), it HAS to pass through the brain.

JW: Uh-huh....so....

She continues with this-

JW: Are you sure of this (bullet passing through the brain)?

Dr. H: (incredulous) YES.

Unbelievable. You cannot make this **** up. :facepalm:

Is that like her asking JD if a dead person can't give any information?

I knew it was his, but why didn't she take it with her?

I can on guess. I cannot think like JA ... thank goodness.

I guess she thought that deleting the photos from TA camera and running it through a washing machine with bleach would remove all the evidence. I guess she had no idea the lengths a forensic lab would go through to recover the photos. Too many people knew TA just bought a brand new camera for his upcoming trip. It needed to stay there and not disappear.

She "thinks" she is smarter than the average bear. Why take it if it would be destroyed in the wash cycle/bleach? She gambled and lost.

HURRAH for forensic labs that never, ever give up. #justicefortravis

JMO

Einstein she's not.

ITA. So she had a high IQ? What makes people believe a high IQ is equivlent to no mistakes? Intelligence is still influenced by education and experience. She deleted the d@mn photos which were incriminating. She tossed it into a wash with other items and bleach.

She doesn't know hardware! She probably had an experience with getting an electronic wet, which can ruin the device, but not necessarily the hardware memory. Plus she wanted to remove the blood and DNA. A stick is hardware. I don't think she knew anything, but how to take pictures and use software to edit. She made a bad assumption, thankfully.

Ok, let me ask you this. If she had found ASPD and testified to that, wouldn't she basically be saying JA's a psychopath who can't be redeemed? When explaining for the profile, wouldn't that just be curtains for her? Why would a jury spare her life? I'm not being snarky at all. I'm really asking because I don't know that I've seen that before.

yall all know the way she lifts her cup to drink water aggravates me to no end. watching the interrogation tapes and she totally drinks from the water bottle normal. no weird elbow thing

I want you to know, I was given a cup of coffee in a small styrofoam cup the other day, right before conducting an interview of a subject.

I did an Arias, then immediately corrected myself. I don't know if it was a natural action or if I have seen Arias do it so often, that I am mimicking. Either way. I caught myself, brought my elbow in to my side and then gulped it all down to prevent a second scenario of believing myself whackadoo.

Originally Posted by TXProfessional
For anyone interested in JA MMPI-2 "elevated" scores on the 10 Clinical scales. She was elevated on 7 of the 10 clinical scales.

I was most interested in the one she was the most elevated on and thought you might be too. Her T-score on the Psychopathic Deviate scale was a 105 (highest of all of her elevated scores) with 65 being the threshold for clinically significant. If you want to research the scales the developer of the test is Pearson.

Psychopathic Deviate (PD)- Hathaway & McKinley (1944). (50 items). High: Poor impulse control, disidentification with societal standards, authority conflicts, marital and family conflicts, inconsiderate, narcissistic, poor judgment, extroverted, self-confident, hostile, parasitic and externalizes blame. Low: Overly conventional and conforming, passive, trusting and non-competitive. Pd is a great characterlogical scale of narcissism, externalization of blame, exploitiveness, and hostility. The subscales for Pd are very important in understanding elevations in Pd. Elevations in Pd can be due to a hostile, exploitive and truly psychopathic mentality, or moderate elevations can be an extroverted normal going through a divorce, or a normal teenager. If Pd-O is greater than Pd, then the more pathological interpretations should be used. If Pd-S is higher than Pd, then the more benign interpretations should be used. It is helpful to also look at the content scales of anger, authority problems, family problems etc. to help understand elevations in Pd.

I know scales need to be seen globally as well as individually, yet I do not understand why this scale was not discussed in detail/ad naseum IMHO.

BBM

Saw this on the last thread. How was this information discovered and is there a link? TIA :seeya:

If JA is making all this money selling her scribbles, why in the hell does she have 2 attorneys being paid for by the State of AZ????? No wonder her mom and aunt sit in the court room laughing and giggling and making faces. It's all a joke to them. And a 'joke' on the tax payers of AZ.

For now. Pretty soon not much is going to be funny to them.

And lets also see how they laugh and giggle when THEY'RE footing the fat fees for an attorney to defend Jodi against the wrongful death suit you know is coming down the Pike.

Is that like her asking JD if a dead person can't give any information?

THAT question just blew my mind. What the heck was JW thinking? She opened up a big ole :worms: without even a blink. GAH!!

Here is a link for you if you need one-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tZKYBlfkxI

It's unreal, I swear. Dr. Horn is literally bug eyed WTF? at certain points. Could be the lowest point for JW, unless I'm missing something.

Totally agree with you Angelina. I've always thought this was a huge weakness for defense. Imagine, Doc H's testimony is the only forensic ME testimony they have heard. Defense didn't put up a counter to this. No opposing testimony. That is huge. Because if the jury accepts his testimony as truthful and accurate, they have to accept JA is lying about the incident.

She did pour in bleach. I watched Heather Conner's testimony again. The items that were removed from the washing machine had clearly been through a cycle with bleach. Also, please note that the camera was not all in one piece, as Wilmott implied during her cross of Dr. DeMarte. The SD card was out of the camera and the little door that covers the SD card slot was retrieved separately at the bottom of the machine once everything else had been removed.

Heather Conner's testimony begins at 2:43:50
http://youtu.be/_mG-HoiBA1k?t=2h43m50s

Originally Posted by TXProfessional
For anyone interested in JA MMPI-2 "elevated" scores on the 10 Clinical scales. She was elevated on 7 of the 10 clinical scales.

I was most interested in the one she was the most elevated on and thought you might be too. Her T-score on the Psychopathic Deviate scale was a 105 (highest of all of her elevated scores) with 65 being the threshold for clinically significant. If you want to research the scales the developer of the test is Pearson.

Psychopathic Deviate (PD)- Hathaway & McKinley (1944). (50 items). High: Poor impulse control, disidentification with societal standards, authority conflicts, marital and family conflicts, inconsiderate, narcissistic, poor judgment, extroverted, self-confident, hostile, parasitic and externalizes blame. Low: Overly conventional and conforming, passive, trusting and non-competitive. Pd is a great characterlogical scale of narcissism, externalization of blame, exploitiveness, and hostility. The subscales for Pd are very important in understanding elevations in Pd. Elevations in Pd can be due to a hostile, exploitive and truly psychopathic mentality, or moderate elevations can be an extroverted normal going through a divorce, or a normal teenager. If Pd-O is greater than Pd, then the more pathological interpretations should be used. If Pd-S is higher than Pd, then the more benign interpretations should be used. It is helpful to also look at the content scales of anger, authority problems, family problems etc. to help understand elevations in Pd.

I know scales need to be seen globally as well as individually, yet I do not understand why this scale was not discussed in detail/ad naseum IMHO.

BBM

Saw this on the last thread. How was this information discovered and is there a link? TIA :seeya:

Why wasn't this presented?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member