weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #154

Status
Not open for further replies.
My heart sunk when I first heard that question on Thursday. Very snarky and stupid. It was like an attack on Demarte's intelligence. She handled it well though. Probably pissed him off.

I still don't like the camera questions. They leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Not me. I love the jury questions. Again, don't think they were stupid (your posted word) at all. No question is "stupid" to me, but that's me.

I wish all of our 50 states jurors could ask questions.

The VERY important thing to remember about Arias and her handling of the crime scene is this: while she may be intelligent (or even very intelligent), she's not necessarily criminally sophisticated. Being intelligent does not mean one's infallible in their conduct. People -- including very smart people -- make mistakes.

There's a video of an ex FBI profiler (I believe) who brought that into the discussion, and I think it's worth remembering. He had also mentioned how unusual Arias' words to Detective Flores were about the murder-- "If I was going to kill him, I'd have used gloves". The profiler had mentioned that's very suspect-- it means she had thought about it. Very telling.

Anywho, I had to bring this up in relation to the camera stuff. Arias is a smart girl, but despite her best efforts, she's not a slick criminal.

Her mistake was thinking that water would destroy the microchip inside the flash card. A lot of people could make the same mistake, even computer nerds. There are videos on youtube where computer nerds will submerge a motherboard in water, set it out to dry and then boot it up to show that it still works. The comments often express amazement that such a thing is possible.

ALV just kind of disappeared from the testifying radar. What happened? I'm glad we don't have to hear from her anymore, but she was never excused by either side was she? Did the Judge intercede?

I think the defense could not wait to get rid of her. She testified, Jodi said the knife was on the nightstand. Jodi said she shot Travis in the coset. Afterwards she said she misspoke. REALLY?

Is it really a he? It could be a she, no?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a he. I'm sure of it. From what I've seen and read over the years, men are more dismissive of circumstantial evidence.

Just some entertainment to hold you over til Tuesay. :floorlaugh: Enjoy and lol.

Jodi Parody
Jodi Arias: Never Before Seen Testimony - YouTube

Nancy G Parody
Nancy Grace on Jodi Arias Trial - YouTube

Nurmi and chicken wings
Nurmi, SHUT UP and DANCE Bi+ch! - YouTube

Thanks for bringing some humor :)

Side note: Could post separately, but having been diagnosed with PTSD (not on disability or anything for that), the defense presentation/portrayal is insulting and a sham...the jurors will know this...

"She was found...hiding behind a Christmas tree."

i have been curious about this - 1. was she hiding behind or sleeping under the Christmas tree 2. did other people that were staying at the house think that she had left 3. did TA think she had left 4.who discovered her sleeping or hiding behind the tree?

thanks to anyone that can help with my questions.

Maybe the jury will figure out Jodi's game, they had to figure out she was in jail while she gave interviews to '48 Hours' and 'Inside Edition'. Look how she acted and still, not one ounce of remorse for the man she loved, loved, loved ...she said, "she would jump off a cliff too if she did what Travis did". Not how a battered woman thinks either. Jodi didn't study Battered Women Syndrome very well.
It is just like when Flores said she didn't act right from day one, she kept asking him to tell her what she doing wrong.
I like to know how Jodi acts when the Alexander family struggles--some days are worse for them, does she mirror them or does she get off on their pain? To someone like Jodi, it is all a game and winning is everything. The end justifies the means, including killing someone.

It's funny how differently we see those questions.
I'm pretty sure there is at least one scientist or academic on that jury -
somebody very used to asking challenging questions and well versed in critical thought.

I thi k she was every bit as cool, calm and cold as she was in the detective interview. She probably was singing or humming as she staged the scene and removed evidence. That's one psychopathic witch that won't feel fear until they're strapping her down for the needle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Jodi's ego led her to believe she was capable of carrying out the perfect crime. I believe she pre-med planned and expected it all to be done quickly and without incident in the shower, thus limiting the mess. Jodi would have thought she had him- once he was naked and vulnerable in the shower as per her huge, narcissistic ego and belief she would be able to manipulate him into submisson at the bottom of the shower , in a sitting position. It failed, as far as Travis not fighting , bc he fought for his life. i believe her LE interview when she said Travis said "Go, get help"I think right up to the end Travis tried to believe in Jodi being "human" but she has no empathy or compassion and imo,she went into secondary psycho mode. In the process, she cleaned up her mistakes, realized her DNA was ALL OVER the camera and if she left the house with the camera, she risked being stopped andhaving it seized and tested,therefore, she put it through the wash and then left because time became an issue with the roomates due home...

WAIT! You are prob asking why didin't she feel that way about the knife , rope? Because the rope didn't exist until she needed to place a knife in the bathroom as per LE timeline and

As much as I want justice for TA and his family, and can't wait to see JA locked away or put down, I often think about all the free time I will have after the trial is over...and how much I'm going to miss watching JM grill those afflicted with the can't-tell-the-truth blues. As the end draws near, how bittersweet it is.

they should televise EVER Juan Martinez trial from now on.

Her mistake was thinking that water would destroy the microchip inside the flash card. A lot of people could make the same mistake, even computer nerds. There are videos on youtube where computer nerds will submerge a motherboard in water, set it out to dry and then boot it up to show that it still works. The comments often express amazement that such a thing is possible.

Be skeptical. SD cards are quite different from motherboards. http://www.sandisk.com/about-sandisk/proof/

Interesting you have used "he." Suspect the language is more indicative of a man, rather than a woman? Interesting.

If you are correct and there is a rogue juror who is dumb as a post and willing to let a cold blooded murderer go free, then a hung jury is a legitimate risk. The emptiest cans tend to rattle the loudest.

If this person is lying in wait on the jury, I pray then that your last sentence comes to fruition.

Jodi's biggest defenders seem to be men. Same was true with Amanda Knox, but at least she was innocent.

The snarky tiger/bear question sounds like something a man would write -- a man who thinks he's smarter than he really is.

Many people have destroyed their cell phones by dropping them in the toilet so it seems to me that a lot of people would believe that running a digital camera thru a w/m would completely destroy it.

It's funny how differently we see those questions.
I'm pretty sure there is at least one scientist or academic on that jury -
somebody very used to asking challenging questions and well versed in critical thought.

It's true...

The questions don't bother me one bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[Respectfully snipped]

And I disagree with people who think there was no rope. I think we never found it because, like the gun, she brought it with her and only took away those things she brought.

Perhaps, but I tend to think she invented the rope story to explain how she had such convenient access to a knife. No more, no less. And what gave her the idea were the rope-like fragments from the tassels on the pillows by his bed that are in evidence. Even there she couldn't keep her story straight. He left it in the bathroom; he left it on the nightstand; she doesn't remember where it was. :cow:

ILiketoBendPages said:
If Travis wanted to measure and cut a rope, I think he'd have the common sense to measure it in the bedroom with the bed as a guide, not from the bathroom and then cut it.

If he'd used a rope before, he'd already have it cut to the appropriate length and handy, inside a bedroom drawer. JA wouldn't have had to bring it/buy it. I call B.S.

Many people have destroyed their cell phones by dropping them in the toilet so it seems to me that a lot of people would believe that running a digital camera thru a w/m would completely destroy it.

You may be right!!!
Remember in her "ninja" story she was
being VERY careful to NOT get the camera wet!

So she threw it in the washer...:drumroll:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195462&page=55 Scroll down to Part 5 of Day 50 for the entire Q&A

Hats off to Soft-Tail - I finally got to watch the entire jury questions and answers. Since NG is Ms. "Maximus Interruptus".....

The abandonment question really raised JA's eyebrows at about 5:49 but something else I remember hearing is how the interviewer may have had her or his own personal experience that might make them biased. I've posted this before but I do think that ALV considers herself as such (abused). JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow