Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #5 *SUSPECT APPREHENDED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Above all, I'm glad he was caught, I'm glad nobody else died. It looks like he's even going to make it.

Not starting a political discussion here at all because after I post this, I'm going to bed but really, he doesn't have any rights now. Unfortunately, in America, with the passage of the NDAA he can be held, without trial, indefinitely because he is suspected of terrorism. His status doesn't matter, he could have been born and raised here, but once you are suspected of terrorism here, you don't have rights if they government doesn't want to afford them to you.

G'night all. Be safe.

I think it is very appropriate he is at Beth Israel hospital. jmo

Curious to know how many staff at the hospital were questioned as to whether they would have a problem giving him care. This happened in New Orleans when Derrick Todd Lee had to have a pacemaker inserted. Staff was questioned to determine who could and could not care for him. (he was the Baton Rouge Serial Killer, for those not familiar)

Curious to know how many staff at the hospital were questioned as to whether they would have a problem giving him care. This happened in New Orleans when Derrick Todd Lee had to have a pacemaker inserted. Staff was questioned to determine who could and could not care for him. (he was the Baton Rouge Serial Killer, for those not familiar)

Oh my, I'd have had to say I could not do it. I wouldn't want to lose my job but I'm not sure I could treat that one objectively.

Oh my, I'd have had to say I could not do it. I wouldn't want to lose my job but I'm not sure I could treat that one objectively.

It is good that staff are questioned in these situations, because should the subject no survive, the "wrong" person would not be the one caring for him. I've worked as an RN for 26 years, I can say that I would not be able to care for him. I wouldn't want the responsibility!

Legal/Opinion..

OJ is LEGALLY innocent.
Casey is LEGALLY innocent.

Common word here is LEGALLY!

We (as world wide whole) know they are not INNOCENT! Can we prove that? Good God, I wish we could! But we can't.

That is why I am saying in THIS case, we should reserve judgement and wait on the EVIDENCE. Let build their case and stop trying to force them into court until they are ready.

No, that is incorrect and that is not what I said.

I was stating the difference between the opinion of us here as far as guilty and the legal definition of guilty.

your response is very incorrect, imho , as there is no such thing as a verdict of " legally innocent."

Again.. respectfully disagree! And thank you for pointing out more points to clarify why I disagree with the post.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

any one have some live stream i can wtch, cnn wants me to unlock and it doesnt even carry my canadian provider

I couldn't resist making this and thought we could all use a laugh :)

a3abepe8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

One more then I'm off to bed...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366436084.949679.jpg

WISE OLD OWL: KUDOS to YOU!

:rocker::rocker::rocker: This is one of my pet peeves, the absolute lack of respect for/to the traditions of OUR COUNTRY'S symbols! I don't GET IT!

you said: "Tonight I noticed that even our local chapter of the VFW doesn't have their flag at half staff".....THE VFW, for heavens' sake??? Those folks FOUGHT for our RIGHT to HANG it, just like my Dad, Uncles, Aunts, Cousins & Grands did in WWI, WWII, KW, & 'Nam.

"The fire department right next door - nope - still at the top of the pole".......the FD???, well there'd be some serious hose rolling, brass polishing, floor scrubbing @ my Granddad's Station over THAT oversight!

:twocents: :twocents: My guess: it's the short attention span, after all folks only provide 1 hour for the CSI/Law & Order story of the week to be solved, nothing is sacred because everything is "replaceable", tradition doesn't exist and expressions are WORDS not actions.

OR

maybe I'm just an old lady :facepalm:

there's a market in my town that flies the largest flag in the valley. It's so cool that you can see it from so many viewpoints and figure out where you are in relation to where that big flag is

a few years ago that market had moved to a new location and on the second night I noticed that the flag was flying in the dark. they weren't providing illumination in the new location like they'd previously done

I called and asked to speak to the manager and very politely said if they were not going to provide illumination after dark they needed to retire the flag at sunset. he said why? and I said because the sun should never set on Old Glory and it is customary and respectful that she never flies in the dark. he said how do YOU know that and I said because I was a Girl Scout many moons ago. he said there was a lot going on and maybe he'd get around to it. and I said cool, and I'll call every day and ask you about it. grumble/grumble on his part and I thanked him for his time and said I had enjoyed speaking with him

the next day they took one of the floodlights on the roof and angled it toward the flag pole. I was so happy to drive by that night and see OG flying in the light and I called the manager and thanked him. he was real nice and said he had asked his grandfather, who said that lady is right

when my grandkids were real little we had this thing we always did at parades. I would say in a loud voice "OK, here comes the color guard so we will stand as it passes by." and they would say in loud little voices "do we stand for every flag in the parade?" and I'd say "you can if you want to, but please always stand for the color guard because it shows respect for those who have made sacrifices for our flag. maybe they're not here anymore so we stand in their place." and people around us would begin to stand because we did. sometimes people would come over and say "I never knew that about the color guard, thank you"

that huge flag is at half staff this week, as are those at the and the PDs and FDs, but most in town are not. SMH ...

It is good that staff are questioned in these situations, because should the subject no survive, the "wrong" person would not be the one caring for him. I've worked as an RN for 26 years, I can say that I would not be able to care for him. I wouldn't want the responsibility!

I think I'd be able to work on him (if I were a medical person) b/c I want answers and a trial and justice and to find out who else is out there. B/C he has associates and they have associates and the US is not safe now or ever. This can happen anywhere at anytime now. We've been waiting for this for 11.5 years now. It's been coming since 9/11. IED's on US soil. This is the first of probably more to come...
So, saving him might save others.

I know I could not do it because I cannot even pee around prisoners. :floorlaugh: Seriously, I once stopped at a rest area on the highway and went into the mens public restroom and walked up to a urinal and in comes a LE officer handcuffed to a prisoner. I was so freaked out, I could not go to the bathroom. I had to leave and pull off the side of the road and go in the bushes. True story.

And that right there tells me who was the mastermind...no martyr for Jahar. He didn't know wtf to do with his brother gone but hide in a friggin boat.

No sympathy from me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One more post about the flags and then I'll stop - I don't want to derail the thread.

Back in Dec. - Newtown. I noticed the same flags - same places. I called. The cemetary was very nice and said they would go do it immediately. They did. The VFW - pretty much told me to go fly a kite. Now, the FD did have theirs lowered for that. A big huge care dealership - they said they would go do it. They didn't. A big marine store said they would. They did. But it was kinda funny. Everyone I called, at first, wanted to tell me that "it didn't apply to them". Huh? :waitasec: It was after I told them "out of respect for the children" (Newtown) - did they, then, turn around and agree to do it. Like I was the one with the problem........

Just don't get it and it bugs the bejeezus outta me. This time, I didn't bother. I did say something at the Checkers I ate lunch ate the other day. He was very nice - said he got an email from corporate telling him to lower them but the guy came out and they couldn't - it was stuck or something. I noticed on my way home that day that they got it fixed and it was at half staff. Good thing - I like Checkers and didn't want to have to stop eating there. lol

Ok - no more about the flags.

JMHO

Pardon me but I seriously can't imagine spending time complaining about flags. You could also look at it as "at least they fly one", maybe this is why so many don't.

The guidelines say that if applicable, "agents should ask any and all questions that are reasonably prompted by an immediate concern for the safety of the public or the arresting agents without advising the arrestee of his Miranda rights." This advice is consistent with a 1984 Supreme Court decision making an exception from the Miranda requirement for questioning motivated by a concern for public safety.

Next, the guidelines say that after public safety concerns have been resolved, agents should promptly Mirandize a suspect. But there are exceptions: situations in which, "although all relevant public safety questions have been asked, agents nonetheless conclude that continued unwarned interrogation is necessary to collect valuable and timely intelligence not related to any immediate threat, and that the government's interest in obtaining this intelligence outweighs the disadvantages of proceeding with unwarned interrogation." This provision pushes the public safety exception to its limit, but it's defensible.

Finally the guidelines remind agents that the Miranda rule is ultimately about ensuring that confessions introduced at trial are not coerced: "The Supreme Court has strongly suggested that an arrestee's 5th Amendment right against self-incrimination is not violated at the time a statement is taken without Miranda warnings, but instead may be violated only if and when the government introduces an unwarned statement in a criminal proceeding against the defendant." The point is that if an agent believes Mirandizing a suspected terrorist would lead to vital information being withheld, the agent can delay doing so — but at the cost of rendering the results of the interrogation inadmissible.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/apr/04/opinion/la-ed-warnings-20110404

Thank you for the post. Which leads into really late night / early morning news they're talking about right now.

that the local authorities on the news everywhere all across the world said that there was no safety issues now that he was in custody.

As usual and status quo, the lawyers will make money whatever happens.

No, that is incorrect and that is not what I said.

I was stating the difference between the opinion of us here as far as guilty and the legal definition of guilty.

your response is very incorrect, imho , as there is no such thing as a verdict of " legally innocent."

Again.. respectfully disagree! And thank you for pointing out more points to clarify why I disagree with the post.

Legally innocent and "not guilty" are the same thing. True my wording was not correct, but really, it is just a matter of semantics.

That in all honesty is beside the point. No proof has been offered other then pictures and second hand accounts. I am NOT saying these boys are innocent, in fact, I don't think they are, yet, we haven't seen forensic proof they are guilty as of yet either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni